Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

hell yeah. love DS9 and TNG especially. getting too drunk and overly seriously discussing roddenberry's hopeful vision of the future with your friends ftw. jeffrey combs rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

Funny star trek story:

When I was a kid my brother and I found out that search for Spock was on TV at like 2am and we stayed up all night to watch it and he was hyping it up as this awesome movie where Spock comes back to life or something and right before the movie came on it was interrupted by breaking news that Princess Diana died in a car crash and we both got so insanely pissed off we woke our parents up from yelling at the TV

lmao

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Just finished my first watch of Enterprise last night. It was fine, think it gets a bad rap, but obviously not on the level of the others. Gonna pick up TOS for a first watch soon

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

i gave up on it, it just didnt have any interesting episodes. i heard season 4 is ok though so maybe i should just skip to that lol. its also probably the best looking one including all of nutrek though which is sad

yeah s3 is sort of cool but s4 was the first point where I started to actually care at all. There are moments of interesting character stuff and a few legit good eps before that but the overall plot is generally dire. tucker and t'pol start stealing the show in s3, phlox is good too.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I like Lower Decks. It's trying a little too hard to be rapid-fire jokes in places and some of the humor misses but overall I am finding it fun and funny. The showrunners clearly see and want to celebrate what's fun about classic trek and as a result most of the episodes actually feel like star trek plots, just condensed and silly.

I really appreciate that the show is poking fun at the dumber stuff in trek while still upholding the setting and themes that make it special. Some of the stuff, like the constant lens flares in the movie parody episode or the First Contact theme playing when they see the replica Phoenix take off made me laugh a lot.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thinking about it and DS9 has probably pound for pound the best cast in terms of the ratio of good to bad characters, pretty much all the main cast rules and it has a pretty big cast

it's so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

lol reminds me of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt6GvGBH0Tw