Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
90s-era Star Trek is cool because you turn on an episode and don't know if you're going to get an episode of badass tense espionage action where the characters infiltrate a covert ring of romulan spies and fight an epic space battle at the end or an episode where beverley crusher fucks a ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I saw the first two seasons of Discovery and they were just utter trash

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fungah! posted:

my one buddy whos the biggest star trek fan i know tried to get me to watch s1 and i refused because every trailer looked like dog poo poo, eventually s2 came out and i asked him how it was and he basically started crying

lmao yeah that sounds about right

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fungah! posted:

apparently avery brooks and cirroc lofton are still super close years later, they really built up a father-son bond over the show. definitely came through on the camera, theyre one of the best parent/child relationships i've seen on tv

The Visitor ftw

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fungah! posted:

in the pale moonlight
measure of a man
the visitor
city on the edge of forever
darmok

but then theres like 50 honorable mentions lol

these are all good but the inner light has got to be up there imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fungah! posted:

yeah but which one do you cut

good point, I would probably cut city on the edge of forever but that's only because I'm more partial to 90s trek than the older stuff

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

copy posted:

lol every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao