Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Did full marathon before discovery came out, and the thing that stuck out to me the most was that as a kid I hated ds9 and loved voyager and after bingeing it all in a row I discovered ds9 pwns and voyager sucks rear end. I still like a lot of the characters in voyager but that series is a wreck.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

jeffrey combs rules

:hai:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Alexander is such a piece of poo poo lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

herculon posted:

Strange New Worlds is pretty decent, but that’s with comparing it to the mountains of poo poo the rest of new Trek is

Yeah I like strange new worlds more than voyager or enterprise, but Picard season 2 is absolutely the worst star trek has ever been so that might be influencing my opinion.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Was thinking about the DS9 episode where a vulcan snaps and starts wallhacking bullets into people all over the station using a transporter. Might be time for a rewatch.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

and hell while i'm thinkin about it thats the number one thing new trek gets wrong about character writing,. the characters in good trek might like each other or be friends or even hate each others guts but at th end of the day they're military officers on a starship. theyve got to act a certain way, they cant fight among the crew for cheap drama or if they do its because somethin is seriously wrong. not even talkin just about the quips although obviously thats the worst offender but no one acts like they're a fuckin professional

:hai:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

copy posted:

prob gonna do that after my hunter x hunter rewatch myself. ds9 was badass

I tried to watch that after I finished yuyu hakusho, I couldn't get into it for some reason. I'll have to try again, everyone has been saying great things lately.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I've been enjoying strange new worlds but that klingon part in the musical episode is probably the worst moment in any series lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

That episode where he finds out alexander grew up into a joke klingon and he's all upset about it like it isn't 100% his own fault lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

why is pulaski so mean to data? don't be mean to data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

writers trying to set up a bones/spock dynamic except they forgot that spock would also fight back

exactly, data is nothing but nice to her and she just shits all over him for no reason right from the jump. it's insane.