Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Seems like one of the main pieces of information the teams have over fans are the medical results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Said it before I'll say it again.

Teams should have to save their draft boards and release them to the public 10 years later. It's not going to give away any sort of competitive advantage but it would be hilarious to see where every franchise rated Jimmy Clausen or Tim Tebow or whatever.

Would love to see belichicks where he had Brady and Tim rattay in the same tranche or whatever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I think it's hippa for teams to draft based on medical results and udfas should grow a pair and sue the league or at least all the teams that didn't draft them. what happens at the hospital stays at the hospital.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

Most of this forum loving hated DK because of the 3 cone drill, though.

Metcalf also had questions about his hands. All the bitching about him falling also overlooks that he hasn’t even been the best WR from his school in that class.

AJ Brown would probably be the first WR off the board in a redraft, but he wasn’t a RAS freak so nobody shits on teams for letting him fall to 51. How many fans and mocks got AJ Brown right? Or Deebo Samuel?

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 3, 2023

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I remember really liking Deebo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I drafted Jerry Jeudy over Justin Jefferson in dynasty but listen not everyone has access to the information I have so maybe the problem is your cognitive strain

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hated when we made the Bosa pick and was sad that we got Slater instead of Sewell

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

It seems like all the premiere pass rushers go in the like 8 to 15 range. Micah JJ TJ Aaron Donald etc etc etc. Seems like if you're one of the best dudes a dozen or so teams are going to find a reason not to draft you.

TJ was 30th overall

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think that guy meant more that people judge way too much on prospects without having the whole story on every facet from medicals to character concerns. The sheer amount of people dogging Jalen Carter because he ran from the cops like half the NCAA wouldn't do the same

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Seems like one of the main pieces of information the teams have over fans are the medical results.

That and direct feedback from college and high school coaches plus they get the interviews with players

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Doltos posted:

I think that guy meant more that people judge way too much on prospects without having the whole story on every facet from medicals to character concerns. The sheer amount of people dogging Jalen Carter because he ran from the cops like half the NCAA wouldn't do the same

Then there's whatever else the PI's turn up. Pretty sure after the Coach O rape coverups it came out that Guise was off draft boards because they turned up info.

Then again rape punter got drafted in the 5th who loving knows the line

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

a neat cape posted:

I hated when we made the Bosa pick and was sad that we got Slater instead of Sewell

In fairness Penei fuckin' rules

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The draft graders and this forum hated DK and thought CEH to the Chiefs was unstoppable. Maybe not as much CEH but he got massive hype because of the Chiefs.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I always loved DK.

He’s strong and powerful and runs fast.

And iirc most people liked him enough that they thought end of the second was a bargain!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm really loving good and smart about prospects. there is a lot of recent evidence around the "big board" (what i call this subforum)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

The draft graders and this forum hated DK and thought CEH to the Chiefs was unstoppable. Maybe not as much CEH but he got massive hype because of the Chiefs.

I think the hate for Metcalf is being overstated. Most draft grades online seemed pretty favorable on the pick, especially given where he was taken. He was viewed as raw, but with tremendous upside, not as a bad player. A lot of mocks had him going in the first.

Outside of worries about his hands and route running he also had questions about his ability to stay healthy. He missed almost one full season with a foot injury and another half a season with a neck injury that required surgery. There were good reasons to be conservative in projecting how he would do in the NFL.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Asproigerosis posted:

Remember in the 80s and 90s the workout warrior game was really coming into its own and to this day people are still being suckered by this poo poo. Lmao RAS more like rear end.

We had a lot more steroids back then.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

I won a bet for charity about DK Metcalf. I don't know why people disagree with me.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I hated DK. Height, Weight Speed with no agility scared me. Was def higher on AJ Brown, who admittedly did turn out better.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I dunno how you could watch him at Ole Miss and think he didn't have any agility. While he was mostly goes and comebacks he still ran slants and could break those routes plenty fine.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/ole-miss-wide-receiver-d-k-metcalf-runs-three-cone-drill-in-7-38-seconds--422687

He slipped twice on turf but looked plenty agile doing it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

I was one that was wrong about CEH, I thought he'd be great in the Chiefs offense.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

CEH was on his way to being a pretty good RB until he had some incredibly bizarre injury against the Saints where he hurt his dick or something.

Didn't really play the rest of the year and has been injury prone ever since.

He was one back that couldn't afford to lose any speed and welp.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

LiquidFriend posted:

CEH was on his way to being a pretty good RB until he had some incredibly bizarre injury against the Saints where he hurt his dick or something.

Whomst amongst us? If I hurt my dick in a football contest I'd be calling my agent to ask how much of my contract was guaranteed from the blue tent.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Maybe Love hurt his dick and that's why he took the cash from GB instead of risking it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm doubtful a fractured penis would be covered by any sort of nfl insurance policy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm doubtful a fractured penis would be covered by any sort of nfl insurance policy.

Way more likely than them covering any brain injury.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Way more likely than them covering any brain injury.

Awfully convenient you can only diagnose degenerative effects of CTE via autopsy.

Have to add the NFL to the list of deep state that work tirelessly to keep PET away from the masses.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I was kinda choked the Bengals didn't add a TE but am happy with the defensive picks and the new WRs/RB sound kinda exciting. A legit punter is never a bad idea...pretty drat happy.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

From The Athletic

quote:

Lambeau Field means too much to the history of the game for it to be denigrated by Sean Clifford being allowed to play quarterback on its hallowed grounds.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

kiimo posted:

Then fans should have to as well. Excuse me while I tear up my mocks that had Geno Smith and Brady Quinn wayyyy too high

I think my single worst misjudgement was being mad in 2005 that Green Bay took Aaron Rodgers in the 1st when they could have waited and gotten Charlie Frye at the bottom of the second. I don't remember who I thought GB should have taken at #24 but I'm pretty sure it wasn't someone who would have been as important a player as Aaron Rodgers ended up being. After that I tried to limit how much I second guess the professionals because I'm clearly an idiot

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think the bengals next move is to bulk up wr draft pick andrei iosivas and have him play tight end until the end of his rookie deal when he leaves disgruntled. he's never been great at getting open against mediocre dbs but he's good at getting the ball if it's anywhere around him and at shielding it against defenders. he played basketball. put 20 pounds on him and he's only the third smallest tight end or so. teach him to block which is the easiest skill to have, and that most of us have naturally. 20-0

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I hated DK. Height, Weight Speed with no agility scared me. Was def higher on AJ Brown, who admittedly did turn out better.

i wanted AJ Brown specifically because his name read like a combination of AJ Green and Antonio Brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

He was one back that couldn't afford to lose any speed and welp.

Yes this. In his first game with the Chiefs I could see it.

He had just enough explosion to overcome his size and speed issues and once that was gone there was nothing left.

also his "dick injury" I think was his femur slamming into the hip socket and tore his groin/upper thigh. His legs are kind of hosed now.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 3, 2023