Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I was hoping the Pats would take JSN because “highly technical slot only guy” is kind of their thing. Or barring that an OT. But hell I can’t be mad at all about a trade back that still lands them Christian Gonzalez. What a refreshingly normal pick.

Also it shook the Jets and that’s always a lol

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

MJeff posted:

Brad Holmes on Gibbs:

I have no reason to think Holmes is lying but this has huge Trump energy lol. “And I got so many texts, texts you wouldn’t believe, calling it the perfect draft pick. Big strong men were texting me with tears in their eyes, saying I had gotten their guy, but they were proud of me, not mad. Big Joe Douglas wept openly and called me sir.”

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Paracaidas posted:

Athletic Dane mocks 2 and 3

I'll be honest I have not spent one millisecond looking at linebackers because it would seem to be toward the bottom of our needs. But Drew Sanders looks like an extremely Patriotsbrain player so this is concerning

edit: if he's BPA on their board by a mile then go for it I guess, but this offense is heading toward somehow not improving at all over 2022 which is a big yikes

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 28, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

strong "child trying to pee in the adult height urinal" energy

I want to believe this is the same podium Cam used to speak at and that it came up to his thighs

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’ve enjoyed your stream Daltos, thanks for doing it

Also for some reason I assumed you were like 50 lol. Take this as you will. How old were you when you first started deep diving draft prospects???

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Just got a notification about the 49ers taking the highest round kicker in a billion years and was like “but what about Aguayo????”

Turns out he was selected roughly a billion years ago and I am just old :corsair:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

McDaniels face in the math lady meme as he trades Renfrow and Jimmy G for Mac Jones. And absolutely nobody is happy about it

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kull the Conqueror posted:

May I please have an informed take on Denver's picks? I don't watch college

https://twitter.com/brandenmwalsh/status/1651690239717507073?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Howie has to be doing a bit now

5 members of the 2021 Georgia Bulldogs

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1652361048731660290

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

Nah, there was a RB named Tank Bigsby.

I feel like Bumper wins because unless the internet is bullshitting me he legally changed his name to that, because of “his father’s love of bumper pool”. Which is a whole new level of commitment to the bit.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

i OFFICIALLY ENDORSE the cleveland browns

Mods ban this sick filth

And my god even if it’s a bad angle or whatever that Young photo is terrifying. Good luck when Vita Vea lands on you like Yokozuna off the top rope I guess.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Someone mentioned Brian Cushing the other day which reminded me of this classic lol. Anything is possible with the right supplements!*****

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It’s the same people that make talking about fantasy so insufferable. “You drafted CMC over Jonathan Taylor?????? Don’t you know CMC ALWAYS gets hurt, all outcomes are already known and obvious, football is a very predictable game. You imbecile, you loving moron.” *last season happens* “Hmm well nevertheless. Just because you got a good result doesn’t mean it was a good process!!!”

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If everyone is targeting the same positions early then the best strategy is probably to take really good players at less valued positions rather than over drafting a guy just because he plays a “valuable” position. You can’t really evaluate positional value as distinct from the actual player picked to pay the position. A great middle linebacker is more valuable than a middling cornerback.

Yes this is literally moneyball.txt. Obviously you can take it too far but there are inefficiencies to be exploited when everyone is losing their minds over getting something no matter the cost.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I hate Matt Patricia

So Say We All

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I respect his confidence in his convictions but I still can’t stop reading all of Holmes’ post draft comments in Trump’s voice.