Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Lions lost faith in D'Andre Swift last year and needed to replace him, so both RB and LB were positions of need for them. I'm very happy with these picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Brad Holmes on Gibbs:

quote:

As for whether these players could have been had later in the draft, Holmes quickly dismissed that idea. The Lions general manager said they thought about waiting until Pick 18 to grab Gibbs, but they didn’t feel good about their chances. When they decided to take Gibbs at 12, that’s when the texts from other teams came in, confirming to Holmes that he wouldn’t have made it six picks later.

“When we were able to select him at 12, that’s when all the texts started coming in of, ‘Oh,(he) would’ve been gone by 15,’” Holmes said. “Just a lot of picks, a lot of people saying they wanted to trade up, they wanted to get him.”

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kerryon was awesome and Patricia loving broke him. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Docjowles posted:

I have no reason to think Holmes is lying but this has huge Trump energy lol. “And I got so many texts, texts you wouldn’t believe, calling it the perfect draft pick. Big strong men were texting me with tears in their eyes, saying I had gotten their guy, but they were proud of me, not mad. Big Joe Douglas wept openly and called me sir.”

We've got the best running backs. We've got the best linebackers. Everybody tells me, Brad, you guys, you have the best running backs. All the time.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah I’m not going to believe a GM got a ton of texts telling him how great his move was from apparently other GMs and not hangers on

This premise doesn't make sense to Charles because his GM has never made a move that other GMs would compliment.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 28, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Scipiotik posted:

He's gone if they can get anything back, he just doesn't have the drive that Campbell wants, Duce Staley was driven nuts by him. He'd do amazing things, but not the simple things.

It was infuriating watching him constantly get nothing trying to get to the edge instead of just running upfield.