Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

1. Panthers do the thing we've known they're doing for a month
2. Texans don't gently caress up!
3. Oh then the Texans gently caress up
4. Colts went as far from experienced QB as they could get
5/6/7. Sensible picks, YAWN
8. A loving running back in the top 10 in 2023
9. Eagles do the smart Eagles thing for a guy who hopefully only kills people on the field.
10. Yo there was a Polish guy right there
11. And there he goes
12. Oh come the gently caress on Lions
13. Dude already looks like he lives in Wisconsin
14. Last good tackle prospect
15. <holding hand in an L up to my forehead with my tongue out>
16. Apparently everyone knew they were taking this guy? Kinda weird
17. Awh yeah, freefalling superstar time
18. An off ball Linebacker? Lions you do know it's not 2003 right?
19. Will Levis is never getting drafted.
20-23. Here the hopes and dreams of the later teams get drafted on Wide Receiver Island.
24. Well the Giants needed a corner.
25. I mean he's like a receiver
26-31. DT, OT, Edge, DT, Edge, Edge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvJp2SRyBmw

Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis

There, you can now safely not watch any cable NFL coverage tomorrow, you're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

I don't agree that the Texans hosed up at 3

We won't know until after the season. If the Cards get a pick higher than... let's say 14, then the Texans hosed up

But that'll mean they hosed up with the Stroud pick not the Anderson pick

e: wait what the gently caress? The Athletic says it was the Browns pick from next year not the Texans pick

e2: ok one story from TA says they traded the Browns pick and the other says they traded their own pick. I'm more likely to believe the Cards demanded the Texans pick not the Browns pick so I'll assume that

If they gave up the Browns pick that's probably a healthy bit better. Just the risk if it's their own pick and the odds of that being a top 5 or 10 pick is so high that....

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yes, if he's one of the greatest players ever at his position, it'll be a good draft pick, and if he's one of these guys?

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1651765102691975168

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Jets drafted a RB in the 2nd last year who looked great until he got injured last year.

I am 100% certain they were not going to draft a running back at 15.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Woozie66 posted:

He's so tiny

Just keep making the podium bigger

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1652450508970291200

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pmchem posted:

how bad of an OT do you gotta be to have a RAS of 9.8 and not go until late 7th?

Oh this is fun.

He's a tight end convert who's only played tackle for 1 season. His weakness is the amazing combo of:
"No feel for technique or landmarks as a run blocker." and "Struggles to handle rushers with active hands". His strengths are he's athletic as gently caress and he looks right in a pass blocking stance.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all lonely

https://twitter.com/whalexander_/status/1652450539332939777

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

RAS is just distilling combine numbers to height / weight / position for prospective NFL players. It's a very simple single number to just give you a 1 second look to go hey is this player athletic enough to do what the NFL will ask of him. Doesn't tell you poo poo if they can play football or not, just: do they hit or exceed athletic benchmarks

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bryce showing up at TC JaMarcus sized.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It got around, I stole it from some thread where people were just making the podium bigger and bigger.

if I could photoshop worth a drat I'd have been making gigantic Mina Kimes towering over Bryce images a month ago.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Can't wait for preseason when Young is photoshopped to be at 25% size on the field.

Bring back the lil' guy Madden bug

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ZanyPlainJohndory-mobile.mp4

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

I love charts that prove they are worthless as soon as you look at them.

It's pretty funny because for all the value the Pats shat away with the Cole Strange pick... their class as rookies is at least equal to what the Chiefs got so far?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Take the Seahawks, they’ve actually had a fair amount of success finding good corners in later rounds but their defense gets destroyed in the run because their linebackers loving suck and either can’t get to the play or run themselves out of it.

At least by DVOA, it looks more like the Seahawks pass D has been middling since the Boom died, and their run D is just random. Maybe they're just truly godawful against slot receivers / TE's / RB's though.

Defensive ranks by DVOA:
22 - 17th P, 25th R
21 - 26th P, 8th R
20 - 20th P, 7th R
19- 16th P, 23rd R
18 - 16th P, 16th R
17 -14th P, 16th R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How has Strange looked? Is he bad? Do the pats have a decent OL coach since Scar retired?

He was very bad the first half of the season, got benched for a little bit, played better as the season progressed, but still nothing special so far.

OL coach last year was.... Matt Patricia and they replaced him with Adrian Klemm, former OL guy who was coaching at Oregon.