Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

As a Colts fan I in fact really like the pick. Levis was the worst-case scenario, Richardson was the kind of big swing I didn't think Ballard had in him and even if he's not great he should at least make the games fun to watch again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

And he has Minshew to sit behind. With Steichen being in his first year, and he knows Minshew, do you think he'll try to let Richardson sit some/all of the year?

At the very least I think it'll greatly lessen the pressure to rush Richardson out there. Ballard and Steichen are both secure in their jobs, and pretty much all of the fanbase is on board with the idea that Richardson might need some time to grow.

They've left the door open for him to outright win the job in the offseason, but they've also made it clear that he'll only start when he earns it.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

The OL kind of suddenly became bad last year after being one of the best in the league before that, so my instinct says that was more on coaching.

Ballard does have job security though. Irsay had every reason in the world to fire him along with Reich and get a fresh start, a huge portion of the fanbase was begging him to, but instead he let him lead a search for and hire a new coach. Barring some kind of unmitigated disaster (beyond just poor play of a developing rookie QB), Ballard has at least a couple of years of security.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Still can't believe Daniel Jeremiah correctly predicted the Texans picking at 2 and 3

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Irsay doing some light trolling

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/1652019210497794048