Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, what's yours? For me, I've seen Plan 9 From Outer Space, which I'm pretty sure is considered by many critics to be the worst movie ever made. It was of course awful, but some aspects were kinda amusing in a sad 'laughing at it, not with it' kind of way. Like how an actor playing an old man died halfway into the film, so they just... replaced him with another old man who looks totally different, then hope that the viewers don't notice the change :v:.

As far as TV series' though... Hmm, not sure... I'll have to come back to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Warcraft movie hands down

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Shakespeare in Love

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I almost always finish movies, I think there are only three I rented or bought, sat down to watch, then actively walked out of the room on:

*wanted (i think that’s the name, it’s the curve the bullet movie with Angelina Jolie.)

*clerks 2 - perfectly captures the moment when you realize you’re a grown up and Kevin Smith is a loving idiot

*the princess Diana movie with krysten Stewart. Jesus loving Christ that movie was bad

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Salt, the other angelina jolie action film which I think is the only time I genuinely struggled to follow what was going on since it felt like the scenes were put together at random

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plutonis posted:

The Warcraft movie hands down

Really? I’ve seen way way worse lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tht comedy movie vince offer the slap-chop guy crapped out in the early 2000s. biggest pile of poo poo made by man

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Corona zombies

Just awful

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Jurassic World is hands down the worst movie I’ve ever seen, awful CGI, annoying characters, and all centered around a fake dinosaur with stupid story beats like it somehow understanding what the tracker beacon implanted inside it is so it can deliberately remove it before planning its escape.

At the time I saw it I thought Malignant might have overtaken it but most of the bad parts of Malignant were just intensely boring and kind of slid off of my brain not too long after so I guess Jurassic World keeps the title.

I’m sure there are tons of worse movies on a technical level but those at least have some fun, I’m a big fan of entertainingly bad movies, so to be my personal worst it needs to be not just bad but bad without any sort of charm or heart to it whatsoever

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

maybe not the worst ever but I distinctly remember thinking 'this is really stupid' while watching Hobbit pt. 2. Specifically when Legolas is doing river barrel acrobatics, and while the dwarves spend like 15 minutes running away from Smaug in an enclosed space without getting killed.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Punished Chuck posted:

Jurassic World is hands down the worst movie I’ve ever seen, awful CGI, annoying characters, and all centered around a fake dinosaur with stupid story beats like it somehow understanding what the tracker beacon implanted inside it is so it can deliberately remove it before planning its escape.

At the time I saw it I thought Malignant might have overtaken it but most of the bad parts of Malignant were just intensely boring and kind of slid off of my brain not too long after so I guess Jurassic World keeps the title.

I’m sure there are tons of worse movies on a technical level but those at least have some fun, I’m a big fan of entertainingly bad movies, so to be my personal worst it needs to be not just bad but bad without any sort of charm or heart to it whatsoever

they kept getting progressively worse to the point that the third one is probably the worst film i've ever seen by your same metric of it just being totally soulless while also just being bad. ok so there's another like dinosaur sanctuary in Europe bc ??? ? & dont mind that tho cuz most of the film is about huge-rear end locusts devouring the planet but also the clone daughter from the second one gets kidnapped because ??? oh and also there's like, special ops who trained dinosaurs to attack targets with laser pointers??? +the only actor seeming like he's not there for a paycheck being Jeff Goldblum of course. horrible

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Skinamarink is the only movie I ever regret buying a ticket for. I fell asleep twice and only woke up to a noise on screen designed to wake people up. Worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. If the director ever finds work again it is proof that the world is a corrupt shithole.

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

Major Isoor posted:

So, what's yours? For me, I've seen Plan 9 From Outer Space, which I'm pretty sure is considered by many critics to be the worst movie ever made. It was of course awful, but some aspects were kinda amusing in a sad 'laughing at it, not with it' kind of way. Like how an actor playing an old man died halfway into the film, so they just... replaced him with another old man who looks totally different, then hope that the viewers don't notice the change :v:.

As far as TV series' though... Hmm, not sure... I'll have to come back to that

I have only seen the MST3K version of this and I can't imagine sitting through this without it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

bees x1000 posted:

maybe not the worst ever but I distinctly remember thinking 'this is really stupid' while watching Hobbit pt. 2. Specifically when Legolas is doing river barrel acrobatics, and while the dwarves spend like 15 minutes running away from Smaug in an enclosed space without getting killed.

I watched the first one on a plane and it sucked rear end so I never bothered with the others.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The Johnny Depp Willy Wonka is probably the worst movie I've ever seen

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Nostradingus posted:

Burtons Alice in wonderland is worse

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

I watched this again a week ago because I didn't recall why I never watched the third one, and then got to the elf/dwarf romance subplot and yep, there it was.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
movie 43 and that’s my boy

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Burtons Alice in wonderland is worse

They're both in my bottom 3

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nostradingus posted:

even as a stupid 8 year old child i thought giving Wonka a gloomy "gently caress you dad" backstory was incredibly lame

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
i watched epic movie

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
resident evil the final chapter. i actually kinda like the paul ws anderson series but what the gently caress was he thinking with that one. editing so bad it gave me a headache

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
The only movie I've ever just stopped watching was wonder woman 1984 when Kristen wiig turns into a cat. Spoiler alert I guess

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Really? I’ve seen way way worse lol

Honorable mentions: Suicide Squad (Reboot. Only movie I left halfway through), Green Inferno, Sausage Party.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
any Neil Breen movie's top of the list to me

just check that delivery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOckZVkPVyA

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

meet the spartans, in theaters. the theater element is important wrt it being the worst I think.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ultraviolet. you get to see milla jovovitch's bare rear end as she walks down a hall five minutes into the movie and it's all downhill from there.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
A Karate Christmas Miracle

either that or the christmas movie where melissa joan hart falls in love with a nutcracker

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I sat through all of Eye of the Beholder because I was with friends but literally started listening to my walkman like halfway through it.

I walked out of U-571. Just turned to my girlfriend and was like "yeah lets just go get something to eat this sucks".

Not even MST could make Monster A GO-GO worthwhile.

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Once on a plane I started watching Jonah Hex about a cowboy with a messed up face and magic or superpowers? Megan Fox was in it too as a sexy woman. I could not understand what was going on because it was so disjointed, it felt like they'd edited together sweepings from the cutting room floor. Maybe it got better further on after I turned it off idk.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I think the last movie I walked out of was Where the Wild Things Are. It stunk!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

I sat through all of Eye of the Beholder because I was with friends but literally started listening to my walkman like halfway through it.

I walked out of U-571. Just turned to my girlfriend and was like "yeah lets just go get something to eat this sucks".

Not even MST could make Monster A GO-GO worthwhile.

Monster a go go is in my top 5 worst films

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Walked out of the Love Guru

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Suckerpunch by a big margin

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

Skinamarink is the only movie I ever regret buying a ticket for. I fell asleep twice and only woke up to a noise on screen designed to wake people up. Worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. If the director ever finds work again it is proof that the world is a corrupt shithole.

yep. only movie I've ever walked out on

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

Walked out of the Love Guru

lmfao my cousin kept talking up that movie, cornering with me that it was going to be the best movie ever, just fully on the hype train for no clear reason and after it came out she just quietly never brought it up

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skinamarink is definitely the worst experience I've had seeing a movie as of late. A lot of bad movies I can find at least one or two things that were at least interesting. Skinamarink though was two hours of staring at a wall and random LEGO on the floor. Ocassionally a loud noise plays every 20 minutes.

It is such vapid poo poo.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Roth posted:

Skinamarink is definitely the worst experience I've had seeing a movie as of late. A lot of bad movies I can find at least one or two things that were at least interesting. Skinamarink though was two hours of staring at a wall and random LEGO on the floor. Ocassionally a loud noise plays every 20 minutes.

Hadn’t even heard of this movie, I read the wikipedia summary and wtf

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

buffalo all day posted:

Hadn’t even heard of this movie, I read the wikipedia summary and wtf

This quote from a review killed me

"The height of suspense here is wondering whether, say, a child or a demon knocked a few Legos over on the floor."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Roth posted:

it is absolutely the worst movie I've seen in a theater lol