Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cm punk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Welcome to the first double bill! It's Night 4, but also Day 5! Figure that one out, "scientists."

The Big Dog, Roman Reigns, head of the table, acknowledge him, is wandering his domain, letting the big dog hunt. He sees an unexpected buffet table, laid heavily with quick service chicken and sides. He sits down at the head of the table. He begins inhaling the meal, snorfing and snarfing. However, a secret payload in the gravy! Toxins! Aaaag! He tips over. ROMAN REIGNS HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! Buddy Matthews and Omos take their turn at the Worm Stump, checking them for weirdness. An association of cool people swap ghost stories, like the story of Huskus, the Pig Boy. "Once, there was Huskus, the Pig Boy. He fought John Cena at Wrestlemania. The end." Rey Mysterio gets a food pack from his friends in the LWO. It's bread, cookies, luncheon meats, etc, all cut into the shapes L, W, or O. Great-O-Khan has heard that there are hot ladies around, so he gets his shovel and tries to tunnel to the ladies. He is unsuccessful.

PAC convinces Claudio that as they are European, they should pool their warmth. Tanahashi decides not to enter PAC and Claudio's camp, as they seem to be busy. The Wyatts wake up in their large sleeping caps, all having had the same dream of a terrifying gigantic Rhea Ripley. Not the only ones seeing omens and portents, MJF and Brooks see a great stallion standing on the ridge. It looks down at them and intones "Jobbers?". What does it mean? Speaking of jobbers, CM Punk is standing over Triple H, holding an elaborate cantilevered sickle. "No, CM Punk! We could main event, go 22 minutes! You'd get some good offense in!" "Does your wife have her name on your bank account?", Punk asks quietly. "Actually, I'm technically on her account.", HHH mentions. This appears to displease the second city saint. Kathwack, goes the dumb anime sickle. TRIPLE H HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

PAC and Sabin are having a match, when Sabin suddenly points over his shoulder. "Look! A weird tunnel to hide under!" PAC, unable to resist such a thing, clambers off. Brooks Jensen climbs to the top of the Cornucopia, intending to give everyone a taste of that Brooks Jensen flavor. That is, of course, the flavor of warm water. MJF has to remove his boots to let his feet relax. Luckily, Buddy Matthews and his weird polaroid are not around. The Wyatts have built an elaborate fort of barbed wire and metal against the Rhea Ripley. They grabbed one of Hunter's mines and attempted to place it in the entrance. Emphasis on attempted. THE WYATT FAMILY HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! Ryan Nemeth climbs to the top of the Cornucopia. He ignores Brooks Jensen, obviously.

Rhea, in an interesting twist, receives a case of ICOPRO from an U. Howdy. What could it mean? Having decided to form a tunnel team, Bunny and Great-O-Khan run around the tunnels, seeking those who may battle. Down on the beach, a classical Kings Road contest is emerging. But there's no red shoes here, so things ghet out of hand. CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI AND HIROSHI TANAHASHI HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED! Punk beats up Buddy, but gets a foot injury before he can finish the job. Rey arches Omos something fierce. OMOS HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

KILL LEADERBOARD
Max Caster - 3 (Saraya, Christian+Luchasaurus, Hungergames)
Rhea Ripley - 3 (Warrior, Cena, Cabana)
Ryan Nemeth - 2 (Neville, Caster)
Bad Bunny - 1 (Omega)
Nick Khan - 1 (Lexi)
Asuka - 2 (Edge, Claudio)
CM Punk - 2 (The Righteous, HHH)
Christian and Luchasaurus - 1 (Ziggler)
Nick Comoroto - 1 (McDonogh)
Bobby Fish - 1 (Shelley)
Low Ki - 1 (Sheamus)
Hiroshi Tanahashi - 1 (Bad Bunny)
Rey Mysterio - 1 (Miz, Omos)
The Wyatt Family - 1 (TK)
Omos - 1 (Sarray)
Brooks Jensen - 1 (Fenix)
Big Van Vader - 2 (Roman, Tanahashi)

REMEMBER THE FALLEN
Keith Lee - Bloodbath
Kenny Omega - Bloodbath
Lexi Nair - Bloodbath
The Ultimate Warrior - Day 1
Edge - Day 1
The Righteous - Day 1
Adrian Neville - Day 1
Nick Khan - Night 1
Dolph Ziggler - Night 1
JD McDonagh - Night 1
Nick Rogers - Night 1
Saraya - Day 2
Christian and Luchasaurus - Day 2
John Hungergames - Day 2
Alex Shelley - Day 2
Nick Comoroto - Night 2
Bad Bunny - Night 2
Low Ki - Night 2
John Cena - Night 2
Scrypts - Day 3
The Miz - Day 3
Colt Cabana - Night 3
Tony Khan - Night 3
Sarray - Night 3
Bobby Fish - Night 3
Rey Fenix - Night 3
Max Caster - Night 3
Matt Riddle - Day 4
Roman Reigns - Night 4
HHH - Night 4
The Wyatt Family - Day 5
Claudio Castagnoli - Day 5
Hiroshi Tanahashi - Day 5
OMOS - Day 5

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Rhea gonna look like Big Poppa Pump at the end of this.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

neoaxd posted:

Rhea gonna look like Big Poppa Pump at the end of this.

Sometimes you have an idea stuck in your head

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Night 5 and the Feast tonight!

As the headcount ticks down, more and more people are moving to closer camps. It makes sense to keep close to multiple others. Being isolated is risky. Meanwhile, a smaller death game is occuring. KANA has managed to capture Rey Mysterio and the Great-O-Khan. Putting them side by side in boxes, she finds another tribute, which happens to be the dreaded Rhea Ripley. "You must choose! Who lives? Who dies?", Kana says, pressing a lance into Rhea's hands. Rhea turns to the men, looking left and right. She then locks her eyes on the smaller man. "The cuck meme.", she says sagely. "What?", splutters Rey. "The cuck meme.", she repeats, goring him with the spear. REY MYSTERIO HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! The Hollywood Hunk gets a supply drop of another one of the standard satchel charges. Who keeps handing these out? Sometimes, especially when you're old and you're tired and you're in a death game with children, the devil can whisper in your ear and convince you to do things you're not typically known to do, like spoon with the devil. Under a bridge, PAC experiences a tragic accident while attempting to arm his security system. Poor, poor muscle goblin. PAC HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

Some of the tributes warily close on the Cornucopia, looking for new supplies. As they dig through the bags, Black Friday style, CM Punk comes up with a pair of daggers and dives at the Great-O-Khan, making him into an enormous pincushion. THE GREAT-O-KHAN HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! In Big Van Vader's bag, like most, is a small packet of mail from friends, family, and well wishers. Seeing an opportunity to be mean, The Bunny snatches Vader's packet and sets it on fire. "Hah! Get demoralized, tubbo!", she cackles. Nearby, Buddy Matthews rocks in a seated position on the ground, clutching a well shot 8x10 of himself and his girlfriend. "Aahh! The cuck meme! The cuck meme! I've fallen victim to the cuck meme!", he wails.

KANA stays in her camp. Sunrise meetings to fight each other over goodie bags aren't her style. She leans back, idly firing green mist into the air. It seems that multiple people around the Cornucopia have decided to take their potshots at the champ, and he's not doing so great. MAXWELL JACOB FRIEDMAN HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! Rhea has become a bit of a rising star in the Hunger Games match. Chris Sabin, whose star was brightest a decade ago, has been largely ignored, just cooking. However, he has been stocking power to make a real impact. He does make a real impact, right into Rhea Ripley's ribcage. RHEA RIPLEY HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! Ryan Nemeth and Brooks Jensen, both of whom are definitely real guys who get TV minutes, are tugging a raw turkey between themselves, kicking out at each other's shins. However, Brooks knows that if he is the subject of three consecutive sentences his head will blow up, so he leaves.

KILL LEADERBOARD
Rhea Ripley - 4 (Warrior, Cena, Cabana, Mysterio)
CM Punk - 2 (The Righteous, HHH, Great-O-Khan)
Bad Bunny - 1 (Omega)
Nick Khan - 1 (Lexi)
Bobby Fish - 1 (Shelley)
Low Ki - 1 (Sheamus)
Omos - 1 (Sarray)
Chris Sabin - 1 (Rhea)

REMEMBER THE FALLEN
Keith Lee - Bloodbath
Kenny Omega - Bloodbath
Lexi Nair - Bloodbath
Edge - Day 1
The Righteous - Day 1
Adrian Neville - Day 1
Nick Khan - Night 1
Dolph Ziggler - Night 1
JD McDonagh - Night 1
Nick Rogers - Night 1
Saraya - Day 2
John Hungergames - Day 2
Alex Shelley - Day 2
Nick Comoroto - Night 2
Bad Bunny - Night 2
Low Ki - Night 2
John Cena - Night 2
Scrypts - Day 3
The Miz - Day 3
Colt Cabana - Night 3
Tony Khan - Night 3
Sarray - Night 3
Bobby Fish - Night 3
Rey Fenix - Night 3
Max Caster - Night 3
Matt Riddle - Day 4
Roman Reigns - Night 4
HHH - Night 4
The Wyatt Family - Day 5
OMOS - Day 5
Rey Mysterio - Night 5
PAC - Night 5
Great-O-Khan - Feast
MJF - Feast
Rhea Ripley - Feast

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
drat I was rooting for Rhea

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sending Kana all the Carabinet energy to win the whole thing for district 3

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Rhea should've consumed more ICOPRO...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's hard to flush the last piece of shits!! That's the name of the team from cm punk.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bunny taking revenge for Roman, now finish him off

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

This is the penultimate episode for the season. We'll get to the finals today, then the finals themselves will be Monday. After that, who can say what the future holds.

CM Punk, always calm and placid, sits by the creek with a handline, his Blackhawks cap pulled over his eyes. He is healthy, young, moisturized, in his lane. Elsewhere, Chris Sabin hides in the trees and listens to the world. "That one dude Sabin killed my girlfriend.", the former dubstep cowboy remarks. "That sucks. One time I posted my dick on twitter.", replies the mastodon. The Bunny is craving water. Cool, clear water, without the salt or mud or fish pee in it. She heads down into the tunnels, seeking a sink or pump. Brooks Jensen, inexplicably still here, is seeking other tributes. Ryan Nemeth stands up at the peak of the Cornucopia, allowing his unspoken rizz to be transmitted throughout the arena. KANA, lets be honest. We're getting diminishing returns here, KANA. There's only so many times you can be cool, KANA. Sorry about this. KANA HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

Three of the business's hot young stars meet in a dark wood. After some initial skirmishing, they stop in a guard stance for the crowd to applaud. "Which of you were laughing at the cuck meme?", growls Matthews. "What? What cuck meme?", asks Jensen. "It was him!", yells the Hunk, turning to flee. The Crossbow of Black makes quick work of both. BROOKS JENSEN HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! RYAN NEMETH HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! Having placidly caught, prepared, smoked and eaten his fish, Punk spreads his hammock in the treetops and stretches out. It turns out this is the place that he is at rest. Others are being much less solitary, keeping watch from threats both within and without.

Chris Sabin opens his latest drop, finding a few precious liters of clean water. He opens one, guzzling it greedily, then hides the other two so that Vader and Bunny don't take them. They're both out doing whatever it is they do. It turns out that one has gone up, and one has gone down. Up on the ridge, Vader is pounding Buddy Matthews into the dirt with massive hammerfists. Trying to cover up without getting his arms broken, Buddy makes the decision to use one of his arms to grab the improvised knife on his belt. It's really just a piece of a supply canister, but it works. Again and again he plunges it wherever he can reach, until he can sweep the big man off his waist and off the side. BIG VAN VADER HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! Down in the tunnels, the Bunny is half crazed with thirst and stress. She storms through the tunnels, bursting into doors, knocking in windows, screaming wordlessly. At one point she finds a box of Frosted Flakes and carries it along with her. However, some of these catwalks over the natural formations, well, OSHA doesn't operate in the Indian Ocean. THE BUNNY HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

KILL LEADERBOARD
Rhea Ripley - 4 (Warrior, Cena, Cabana, Mysterio)
CM Punk - 2 (The Righteous, HHH, Great-O-Khan)
Buddy Matthews - 2 (Jensen, Nemeth)
Bad Bunny - 1 (Omega)
Nick Khan - 1 (Lexi)
Bobby Fish - 1 (Shelley)
Low Ki - 1 (Sheamus)
Omos - 1 (Sarray)
Chris Sabin - 1 (Rhea)

REMEMBER THE FALLEN
Keith Lee - Bloodbath
Kenny Omega - Bloodbath
Lexi Nair - Bloodbath
Edge - Day 1
The Righteous - Day 1
Adrian Neville - Day 1
Nick Khan - Night 1
Dolph Ziggler - Night 1
JD McDonagh - Night 1
Nick Rogers - Night 1
Saraya - Day 2
John Hungergames - Day 2
Alex Shelley - Day 2
Nick Comoroto - Night 2
Bad Bunny - Night 2
Low Ki - Night 2
John Cena - Night 2
Scrypts - Day 3
The Miz - Day 3
Colt Cabana - Night 3
Tony Khan - Night 3
Sarray - Night 3
Bobby Fish - Night 3
Rey Fenix - Night 3
Max Caster - Night 3
Matt Riddle - Day 4
Roman Reigns - Night 4
HHH - Night 4
The Wyatt Family - Day 5
OMOS - Day 5
Rey Mysterio - Night 5
PAC - Night 5
Great-O-Khan - Feast
MJF - Feast
Rhea Ripley - Feast
KANA - Day 6
Brooks Jensen - Night 6
Ryan Nemeth - Night 6
Big Van Vader - Day 7
The Bunny - Day 7

Who you got?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Sabin's got this

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Sabin and Punk better watch they feets

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

‘Buddy’ is practically identical to ‘Bunny’ so that’s my new pick

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
LOOK IN MY EYES
WHAT DO YOU SEE
A HUNGER GAMES WINNER IS ME

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I’d be a drat fool to not back one of my entrants.

I just worry that Buddy got too kill happy too quick.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HAIL SABIN

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Everyone was making fun of Buddy for taking feet pics and tanning his balls but the truth is it turned him into a violence maniac and he's not going to stop killing.

Edit: also he has 3 kills :colbert:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

go fishin
sleep in a tree
play with some goats
win the hungry games
the life of any good piece of shits

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What do my knuckles say?

HNGR GAME

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Thank you Buddy Matthews for cleaning up the trash.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Team Karma Kabanana lasted longer then expected. The empress of tomorrow clearly showed that she was I reality the empress of today while Colt was always just a fluke with a flying big butt.

But to not have the epic Colt Cabunny v Piece of shits mastermind CP Munk is a travesty we’ll have to remedy at some future time.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

DISCLAIMER: YOU (GENERAL) WILL NOT LIKE THIS ENDING

Do you believe in magic? It's not just the title of a charming old pop song, it's a genuine question. Out here on the Ultra Arena Island, the lines between magic, technology, and imagination get a little blurry. I mean, gathering all these warriors, real and fictional, out here on this artificial island, where strange things are a frequent occurrence, peoples heads detonate from reading frankly unsurprising news posts, and also that one time a couple years ago there was a CM Punk balloon figure that ended up in a battle with an army of the dead summoned and led by an actual saint? That's not all holograms, probably. Let's see what else happens on this, the seventh night.

Buddy Matthews is roaming the forest, saber in hand, when he sees movement in the trees. He quickly stops and crouches, squinting through the shadow to see if this is Punk or Sabin. However, the body shape doesn't match either of them. Too tall, too muscular. A spotlight clicks on high above them, bathing the area in light. Matthews almost drops his sword when he sees who it is. Standing there, a few inches taller, a couple dozen pounds heavier, and with a grotesquely wide chin, stands some sort of doppelganger, some sort of clone, some sort of... mockery of Buddy Matthews. "Who are you? What are you?", the real Buddy Matthews asks. "I'm the Cuck Meme.", replies the biotitan, simply. He crosses the distance between them far too fast, grabbing Buddy by the throat and hauling him up. "They're calling you a cuck on this one web forum.", the Cuck Meme says, a massive fist smashing into Buddy's face. "They're calling you a cuck on the podcasts.", it continues, this time delivering a jackhammer blow to his stomach. "They're even calling you a cuck in your own matches.", it says, smashing Buddy to the ground with a terrible crack. Its massive left fist morphs and melts grotesquely into a sort of claw. It plunges into Matthews's chest with a squelch, coming up holding a baseball sized piece of flesh. BUDDY MATTHEWS HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

Chris Sabin, being an old hand, knows the key is to control the battlefield. As such, he's staked out a cave near the river. He's filled it with defensive weapons, tilted stakes, and other options. He'll make them come to him. However, he hears a voice call out to him over the water. "Chriiiiiiiiiiis... you abandoned me, Chris!" Could it be? No, it's impossible. Ghosts aren't real. The only real things are the money and the miles. Nash taught him that. And yet, here comes the voice again. "Chriiiiiiiis... You let me get killed by Bobby Fish are you kidding me? Folks, where's the honor?" This isn't happening. This can't be happening. And yet, Alex is calling to him. Despite every plea of his rational mind, Chris Sabin finds himself standing up, slowly extricating his way through the wall of stakes and barbed wire. "Chriiiiiiiis... Come forward about 50 yards..." He can and shall obey. Sabin and Shelley will be reunited, no matter what happens. He splashes into the river, water reaching his ankles, his knees, his waist. He can see Alex out just a few yards more. He walks, and walks, and then his feet can't shift the mud anymore. CHRIS SABIN HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

Elsewhere, CM Punk cracks his fourth cold one (water, of course :wink:.) and looks out as dawn begins to paint the sky. Man, releasing those tanks of Joker Toxin really paid dividends. Luckily, he's immune, since he became the Joker back in 2014 when they released that weird butt evidence video. But now, he's what he always deserved to be. Champion.

And that's our show, people! CM Punk joins Pipe on the Season 2 Pantheon. Details on Match 3 to follow.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Well, Nick got a brutal kill and Tony stayed clean so I'm not too broken up about the placings.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the AI writing scabs did a solid job and i personally won the hunger games which should be noted for a long time if not forever

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

That is awesome and also sucks. I love it.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Best in the world.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

CM Punk: champion of everything but his own happiness.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

LOOK IN MY EYES
WHAT DO YOU SEE
A HUNGER GAMES WINNER IS ME

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

grats 2 u

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Now excuse me while I go off flip out on the post hunger games media scrum.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also congratulations to our kill leader, the brutality herself, Rhea Ripley!!

"Do you enjoy the fact that your girlfriend is being celebrated as the kill leader? Does it fulfill you? Are your feelings mixed, buddy?"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm trying to run a death game here

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*hammering the table* one more for the road

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Yeah these are stupidly fun

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

sorry everyone. i was planning to put up the intro post this evening but then I ended up working 9 hours of unpaid overtime in the last two days! Wow fans!

Short version,

This will be the "Virtual Vidcon Violence" match
Single entries
Starting with 24 we can expand
All entries must be from video games post 1996 so were not getting like idk The Square for Atari Adventure or whatever.

entries will open tomorrow morning sometime, be thinking.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can you pick original characters like tummi stix the dwarf?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Cavauro posted:

can you pick original characters like tummi stix the dwarf?

If you accept that I will make up literally whatever lore pops into my head at any given second sure

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i won't pick any bull poo poo like that. i'm going to pick an obscure character that might as well be made up on the spot but they're not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

"DO VIDEO GAMES CAUSE VIOLENCE?"

You've heard the question before, from a parlor PTA meeting to the Senate floor. Do video games cause violence? Does violence cause video games? Which video games are good and which are bad? It's a question that has been debated and seemingly had no answer. Well today, harnessing the power of the Ultra Arena, we'll answer these questions and more. We'll see exactly how much violence these video games can cause.

DA RULES

-one character per entry
-starting at 24, will assess as needed
-character must be from an actual released video game
-the character's SPECIFIC incarnation must have been released post 1/1/1996 because a line in the sand must be drawn somewhere
-please be nice to me

Entries are now OPEN!