Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

More and more people are asking this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Holy poo poo.
Turns out JP is just Strive Testament but way more complex. What a world we live in where a Street Fighter character has more depth than a Guilty Gear character.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I got to play the full build of SF6

its good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL-Mv8RVKiQ

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Evil Canadian posted:

its good!

Great video!

Simple question though that I can't find an answer to anywhere: are there any charge characters??

EDIT: Other than Guile. I need a Dictator replacement.

....I'm going to have to main Guile, aren't I

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 2, 2023

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

The Joe Man posted:

Great video!

Simple question though that I can't find an answer to anywhere: are there any charge characters??

...what is Guile to you?

EDIT: Well, get ready for Guile, I guess. I'm watching through and I do see E. Honda's got some charges, though.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 2, 2023

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

The Joe Man posted:

Great video!

EDIT: Other than Guile. I need a Dictator replacement.

....I'm going to have to main Guile, aren't I

Guile, Chun-Li, Honda, Blanka, and Dee Jay are charge characters.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
By the way, PNDK&M's video is entirely focused on World Tour mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za0kpfjbH90

In short: yeah, it's basically everything you'd want. Special props to the minigame that's entirely focused on teaching how to do specific move inputs in the context of food prep.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Max has a video up, but of course Max has a video up. Looks like Marisa is the character I was looking for when I said I was looking for that extra defensive option. Got something I can use even when in burnout.

I so desperately want to main Dee Jay, but I've played too much Anji to know that until you get out of bronze/silver/gold hell, people don't care about your fancy fakeouts, they just hold 6/4 and push buttons.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I just realised, is Bosch a story-only character? Saw a tweet showcasing the character select screen and the dapper guy ain't in it afaict

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1653051657838792706?s=20

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Artelier posted:

I just realised, is Bosch a story-only character? Saw a tweet showcasing the character select screen and the dapper guy ain't in it afaict

Yes, he's not a playable character.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Artelier posted:

Yeah, he's just your OC Do Not Steal's anime rival.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Evil Canadian posted:

its good!

Awesome! Looks like they kept 360 inputs — get a chance to see how those were handled in Modern?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is there enough footage of the new characters to confirm everyone has the same HP now?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

From what I can tell the only two characters labeled as “easy” are Marisa and Lily which is maybe a little surprising, given everything about 6 I would have thought there would be more built for beginners. I guess Ed is coming

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

loving lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

JP is just Glacius, got to love Capcom borrowing ideas from KI

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Blanka's Drive Rush - Slide is a fullscreen jumpscare.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Cammy looks super cool in this version going off her combo trials. I love the mechanical choices for her

Also her cat is on the character select screen and sometimes interrupts her during her victory quote so like, goty is I guess what I'm saying

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
JP looks absolutely bonkers. He'll probably get hard countered by jumping or something, but still looks absolutely insane and very suited for inflicting psychic damage on the other player.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

finally got to play the cpu a little bit in the demo, and i like the parry system a whole lot

my g14 laptop with a 3060 is running it like poo poo though- like 43fps? anyone else having similar issues? i havent hosed around with settings much but i figure the drivers and final build will be better optimized

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

finally got to play the cpu a little bit in the demo, and i like the parry system a whole lot

my g14 laptop with a 3060 is running it like poo poo though- like 43fps? anyone else having similar issues? i havent hosed around with settings much but i figure the drivers and final build will be better optimized

I play on a laptop with a 3050 and it’s totally fine. Are you on windows 11? Update all your drivers? Are your settings too high? How much ram you got? Be sure to launch the GeForce experience to make super extra sure your video drivers are up to date. I’ve seen old video drivers cause some real bad poo poo.

Also the game has a “shader warming” function in the settings menus that I’d recommend trying.

Unrelated:

https://youtu.be/23Jxa_9Zt9k

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 2, 2023

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im still on win10 because reasons

yeah i keep my nvidia drivers up to date and all that, im pretty sure its a shader issue. RAM and all that are fine, I work corpo IT so I did all the normal troubleshooting, just didnt know if there was wonkyness or anything i missed out on reddit or something

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
A friend of mine had a great computer but was running windows 10 and some old drivers, the game ran like poo poo. I don’t know if it was just the upgrade to win11 or the driver update that fixed it, but it’s worth a try if you have no reason to NEED to stay on Win10

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I get dips on supers, anyone know what to change?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

trying to find overviews on gameplay for Blank and Honda but not a lot of people on youtube did vids for them lol. Honda's level 3 "final showdown" super might be the most incredible one in the game though.

I absolutely love what they did for Deejay, adding commands to specials and a Vanessa KOF shimmy stance. Manon getting stronger with each command throw is batshit.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Make sure it's not running on the iGPU for whatever reason. I haven't had any drops on a pretty modest system at 1440p on Win10.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looking at the different release editions of SF6, and it looks like this game will have live service elements and a cash shop?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Looking at the different release editions of SF6, and it looks like this game will have live service elements and a cash shop?

Seems like it, though I dunno that we know too much about it other than like, in game avatar accessories (and presumably other stuff to customize your player card, etc with). And of course new characters/costumes as they come out but that's not a change from the previous games since 2008

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was watching Max's video and apparently you get to fight roombas?

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

DLC Inc posted:

trying to find overviews on gameplay for Blank and Honda but not a lot of people on youtube did vids for them lol. Honda's level 3 "final showdown" super might be the most incredible one in the game though.

I absolutely love what they did for Deejay, adding commands to specials and a Vanessa KOF shimmy stance. Manon getting stronger with each command throw is batshit.

I believe a smaller youtube channel called theoryfighter got into one of the preview sessions and had a video discussing some of the changes to Blanka.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Seems like it, though I dunno that we know too much about it other than like, in game avatar accessories (and presumably other stuff to customize your player card, etc with). And of course new characters/costumes as they come out but that's not a change from the previous games since 2008

True, that doesn't sound too bad.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Unlucky7 posted:

I was watching Max's video and apparently you get to fight roombas?

And date Chun Li.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Dave posted:

And date Chun Li.

Street Fighter 6 sells a gorillion copies day 1 best selling video game of all time move over Minecraft

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Finally I can date Chun-Li from the hit video game Fortnite.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Vise the Stompy posted:

I believe a smaller youtube channel called theoryfighter got into one of the preview sessions and had a video discussing some of the changes to Blanka.

Yeah, it's brief though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCg9tKE0F-8

Nephew also has the most extensive breakdowns of each character of anyone I've seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2JjsxuZGI

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

A friend of mine had a great computer but was running windows 10 and some old drivers, the game ran like poo poo. I don’t know if it was just the upgrade to win11 or the driver update that fixed it, but it’s worth a try if you have no reason to NEED to stay on Win10

ive been in IT for over twelve years, and this best describes my feelings towards tech and upgrading what aint broken

i have my arcade cabinet that has so many single use batches and startup scripts to run that im terrified it'll update to win11 without me saying so and breaking everything.

if i have to upgrade the laptop to 11 (im working on AI certs and junk at the moment so im going to have to for MS Azure crap) then so be it, but ugh i really hate the thought of it

Arzachel posted:

Make sure it's not running on the iGPU for whatever reason. I haven't had any drops on a pretty modest system at 1440p on Win10.

nah i have it running off displayport to a external monitor so i know its on the 3060. extremely common issue though and def one for anyone googling this in the future to look at

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

I said come in! posted:

True, that doesn't sound too bad.

Trust me, the characters season pass + maybe some titty costumes for perverts model fighting games have been on for quite a few years is infinitely superior to the old ways of rebuying the same game every year or two at full price just to essentially play on a current patch.

I really wouldn't expect some proper live service bullshit like a fortnight-esque skin shop and xp boosters and whatnot.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

morestuff posted:

Awesome! Looks like they kept 360 inputs — get a chance to see how those were handled in Modern?

I really didn't have much time so I had to laser focus on stuff I wanted to see + make youtube vids for.

I will say "hard inputs" are kinda a dying breed? Only a handful of characters have charge, they got rid of mash motions, Lily and Gief are the only 2 characters with 360 motions, and only gief has a 720 motion.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 2, 2023

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

If SPD is just direction+special with modern controls, Gief is going to be absolutely degenerate in this game. As in, not fun at all to play against at any skill level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Give zangief Garuda impact imo