Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Mayn event are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Jailton Almeida 3 10.71%
Raquel Pennington vs Irene Aldana 2 1 3.57%
Gegard Mousasi vs Fabian Edwards 1 3.57%
Anything that isn't any of those fights 23 82.14%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

i don't agree. i can't equivocate striking a defenceless opponent and a boxing match. even the oildome was a fairer fight than slapping.

i won't accept loss of life as a cost of doing business, but i'd hazard a guess that the sad event would be less to do with the bare knuckle aspect of it and more to do with the safety protocols, officiating, access to medical attention etc that comes with the territory of low budget affairs.

cuts are grizzly, but better a little bit of blood now than a shitload of further trauma thanks to padding imo.

Yeah but don't you watch BKFC now and go "drat this poo poo is bad but iat least it's not slap fighting"? I kinda do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Suplex Liberace posted:

Two people died in canada after boxing matches 6ish years ago. David Whittom and Tim Hauge . Maybe the rules are just really dangerous.

Tim Hague died because he was taking bouts while suspended for getting Koed, and the commissions weren't communicating with each other

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: that was one of the most glorious moments in MMA. Rockhold was just so confident he would waltz past late replacement Bisping and then ol' left hand larry came in and made history.

god damned google is useless I can't find the conan edit.

holy poo poo I think it might be gone from youtube

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Islam did not shoot straight to the title.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

AndyElusive posted:

Just the bus incident so far.

Let us know whether or not they include the water safety penis princess incident

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Power Windows posted:

The what now

the time that he was going to do a water safety boat tour with a princess but it got cancelled because he pulled his pecker out in a night club on a greek island the night before they were gonna leave

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

blue footed boobie posted:

So um I spent a couple minutes reading the wiki entries for these people and lmao all of the people he’s talking about before Carlos seem to be some completely unrelated Gracie family whose history Rickson stole to make his own family’s pre-1900 history more interesting.

Can you show your evidence of this and convince me? Because this is hilarious.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

UFC June: Scalper prices without the scalpers

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Why don't we just do

MMA June: Pride Never Die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Can I just make a vote, whichever way that we go, that we don't put "Dana White" or "Power Slap" in the thread title? I really like the "Pride" wordplay anyway.