Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I would very much be trying to get out from under Chubb. He’s an amazing player but an aging RB coming off a TERRIBLE knee injury isn’t something I want on my roster. Like would it shock you at all if he ends up having an awful 2024 season working his way back?

I don’t know what the exact appropriate value is but if someone wants to give you picks for him I would listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Without knowing your leagues tendencies, I'd sit on Chubb. News is he's running again, and the injury wasn't nearly as bad as we first thought. I'd hold out in hopes of a late first from a playoff competitor. It's a riskier move and I wouldn't blame you for taking 2.5

Hell if he's healthy you may get to the title on your wr/te group

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Yeah, I wouldn't trust Chubb this upcoming season. Any RB with that amount of tread coming back from an ACL tear is going to decline.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Chubb is more likely to be a useful fantasy asset than whoever you’re going to get at the 2.05

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Any chance you could turn around and sell that 2.05 plus another piece (Mostert? Hollywood?) to a would-be competitor for a random 2025 1st? Guess you could also try that with Chubb plus the piece, though

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You can do better than 2.05 for Chubb. Don’t blame you for trying to move him but hold out for a first.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I dont think too many people are gunna be willing to pay a 1st for chubb

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

lots of input! thanks fellas!

I wound up taking the trade. I've got 2 other dynasty leagues where I'm basically all in with no picks, so I just thought it'd be more fun to re-roll Chubb and get more exposure to this year's draft class.

I'll regret it if he comes back and plays like Adrian Peterson after he tore his ACL, but looking back at past rookie drafts in my leagues (mostly the same dudes) there's some good opportunity around that pick. Jalen Hurts, Brandon Aiyuk, Cooper Kupp, and Alvin Kamara were taken about that range, to name a few.

Definitely cherry picking those examples but hey gambling is fun!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Butter Hole posted:

yall play dynasty in here? I wanted to get some thoughts on a trade I was offered.

12 team SF 1 PPR

Give: Nick Chubb
Get: 2.05

My current roster (the ones worth mentioning):
QB: Hurts, Tua
WR: Waddle, Deebo, Marquise Brown, Shakir, Sutton
RB: Chubb, Moss, Spears, Mostert, Dobbins
TE: Mandrews, Ferguson
2024 picks: 1.04, 1.07, 3.04

Planning on trying to grab Nabers/Odunze with the 1.04 and BPA with 1.07, or potentially trading a pick as part of a deal for someone like Aiyuk or AJ Brown if the draft doesn't fall the way I want. QB depth is an option too.

We had our startup last year and my plan was to build for the future around stud WRs and QBs, but when Chubb and Dobbins fell in the draft I figured I could compete. Not quite sure where I stand now. If I wind up with 2 rookie WRs with my first round picks, it's likely a rebuild year and I should sell Chubb. But my roster is close to being a contender and if a few things shake my way I'd rather have a championship than more picks. What do you all think?

My team was doing well last year, but just barely missed the playoffs after losing Chubb, Dobbins, and Mandrews for the season. I also had Mike Evans for most of last year but sold him for that 1.07 when it looked like playoffs were out of reach.
If this were my team I'd probably sell Chubb, Moss (before the Bengos draft a RB), Dobbins (probably cooked but might have some hype having signed with the Chargers), and Mostert (he's like 32 and last season was one of his more healthy, and he will never repeat that TD rate) to do a mini rebuild by picking up the extra picks and lowering your own point output by just shedding all the old RBs. 2025 should have a bunch of RBs (much better than this year) and you could nab another QB at the top of the first. I would be kinda scared of Hurts or Tua getting hurt and just tanking your chances if you end up going all in. Marquise Brown might be a decent sell too if you can get a first you like - he should have hype having signed with the Chiefs.

I'm not saying firesale, but if you can find good value in trades, say, from RB needy teams with this rookie draft being pretty light on RBs. Whomever Dallas drafts will shoot up boards but otherwise there are not a whole bunch of guys who are likely to see action like there was last year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 20, 2024

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Even if Chubb goes back to full form, in the current dynasty landscape it is hard to get more than a second for most running backs. And because he doesn't catch a lot of passes, 2.05 is probably the best offer you will ever get from him. If I was competing, I might have held on to him, but it is probably the right move long term.

EDIT: looking at that roster, I don't think you are in a championship window yet anyway, so I think it is the right move. Once the season starts and Brown starts going off, I'd be trying to sell for a future first. I'd be moving every running back I can and look to compete in a year. You are kind of in limbo.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 20, 2024

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If this were my team I'd probably sell Chubb, Moss (before the Bengos draft a RB), Dobbins (probably cooked but might have some hype having signed with the Chargers), and Mostert (he's like 32 and last season was one of his more healthy, and he will never repeat that TD rate) to do a mini rebuild by picking up the extra picks and lowering your own point output by just shedding all the old RBs. 2025 should have a bunch of RBs (much better than this year) and you could nab another QB at the top of the first. I would be kinda scared of Hurts or Tua getting hurt and just tanking your chances if you end up going all in. Marquise Brown might be a decent sell too if you can get a first you like - he should have hype having signed with the Chiefs.

I'm not saying firesale, but if you can find good value in trades, say, from RB needy teams with this rookie draft being pretty light on RBs. Whomever Dallas drafts will shoot up boards but otherwise there are not a whole bunch of guys who are likely to see action like there was last year.

Haha we think alike. I put those 4 RBs on the trading block Tuesday, that's what prompted the discussion over the Chubb trade.

Definitely willing to move on from most of these RBs if I get the right offer but I don't particularly value third round picks. This league also doesn't have a taxi squad so I don't want to dump the RBs for nothing.

I was kind of under the assumption that the Bengals would roll with Moss and Chase Brown. I'm a Bengals fan and the narrative was that we signed Moss and Trent Brown since they've been successful in shotgun and that's basically all we run when Burrow is healthy. Moss also has a good pass block rating which is always good when your QB is Joe Burrow.

They definitely could add someone in the draft though. I'd think probably just as a depth pickup, but we'll find out!

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 20, 2024

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Chase Brown is going to be the guy imo. He was my number three back in last years class and I plan on buying dynasty shares everywhere once my rookie drafts are done.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
I am also a dynasty Chubb haver :agesilaus:. I have an ascending younger-side roster and was going to sell him last year, but alas. I’m a tad weak at RB and think at this point I’m going to hold him and hope for the best. Don’t blame you for taking 2.05. It’s a tough one to parse out!

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang
How high are we on Nabers? I got an offer for my 1.05 and 1.06 to move up to 1.02. Single QB - PPR. Seems steep, considering I could go Brian Thomas Jr. or Worthy plus the RB1 or Bowers.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ares posted:

How high are we on Nabers? I got an offer for my 1.05 and 1.06 to move up to 1.02. Single QB - PPR. Seems steep, considering I could go Brian Thomas Jr. or Worthy plus the RB1 or Bowers.

I'm very high on Nabers and would definitely consider it. Like the one single hole you can poke is "Daniel Jones". But Nabers is awesome and should get a million targets cause they have nobody else. For what it's worth consensus ranks currently have Bowers going 4 in rookie drafts so he might not be there for you and I am not super hyped about burning a high pick on any RB from this class. Although you know better than we do what your league is likely to do with the first 4 picks. I think I'd rather have the seemingly sure-fire stud.

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang

Docjowles posted:

I'm very high on Nabers and would definitely consider it. Like the one single hole you can poke is "Daniel Jones". But Nabers is awesome and should get a million targets cause they have nobody else. For what it's worth consensus ranks currently have Bowers going 4 in rookie drafts so he might not be there for you and I am not super hyped about burning a high pick on any RB from this class. Although you know better than we do what your league is likely to do with the first 4 picks. I think I'd rather have the seemingly sure-fire stud.

Did it. Got the 2.02 added. Thank you.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Love Nabers, loathe the landing spot

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m a Giants fan and even I know this sucks for Nabers

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I would keep an eye on MarShawn Lloyd. Packers needed speed for their backfield and Lloyd in a wide-zone scheme should be dynamite.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I would keep an eye on MarShawn Lloyd. Packers needed speed for their backfield and Lloyd in a wide-zone scheme should be dynamite.

This pick made me way lower on Josh Jacobs this year

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

This pick made me way lower on Josh Jacobs this year

Jacobs deal is structured as so they can cut him after a year. Unless Lloyd is way better than the league thought he is, Jacobs should be fine.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

dkj posted:

Jacobs deal is structured as so they can cut him after a year. Unless Lloyd is way better than the league thought he is, Jacobs should be fine.

Lloyd is essentially, “What if Aaron Jones had breakaway speed with better balance and tackle-breaking?”

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Lloyd is essentially, “What if Aaron Jones had breakaway speed with better balance and tackle-breaking?”

I know it’s hype season but he’s a late third round pick in a draft class that’s considered below average and hasn’t yet played in the NFL. Jacobs is a proven talent they paid relatively well for this season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We need a good 2024 thread title, the draft is over and drafts are happening.

2024: Greedo Never Said McConkey
2024: My Penix was a huge mistake
2024: Marvin Harrison Jr Has A Shot At Winning

I dunno

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Silly Burrito posted:

We need a good 2024 thread title, the draft is over and drafts are happening.

2024: Greedo Never Said McConkey
2024: Marvin Harrison Jr Has A Shot At Winning

I dunno

Ding Ding Ding

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Ding Ding Ding

This.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Idgi

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

This but with "Penix"

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

This but with "Penix"

Fantasy Football 2024: I’ve got to ask you about the Penix Mightier

Fantasy Football 2024: Won’t you be my Nabers

And absolutely reaching with this one-
Fantasy Football 2024: Rome wasn’t Alt in a Maye

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

2024: I definitely know better than every nfl coach

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

dkj posted:

2024: I definitely know better than every nfl coach

This but unironically.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been keeping a list of amusing things I've heard or read that I think would be good fantasy team names. My favorite so far is Jerry Jones Fanfiction, which I think could be a good thread title as well.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hooked on Bo Nix worked for my Naber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
My Cousin's Penix