Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

The big jump is from 0 leagues to 1. Each incremental league is an extra ~5 minutes per week unless they have crazy settings

Highly recommend being in multiple leagues so you're emotionally insulated when your high draft pick busts or your waiver add doesnt pan out

seriously, just do a ton of best balls. not having to think beyond the draft but still having financial interest weekly is the way to go. also they don’t interfere with your like 1 or 2 friends leagues that’re active weekly beyond the draft.

not having to deal with weekly start/sit decisions is such a relief and still tons of fun. highly strategic too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bumhead posted:

Time to think about my "Do not loving draft" list.

- any Arthur Smith player
- Ekeler

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
-Tony Pollard

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Depending who the qb and coach are for the Raiders, Davante Adams

Damion Pierce
Jaylen Waddle
Christian Watson, human Glass Canon
Probably Diggs

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
- anybody not named Ceedee Lamb

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Christian Watson
Tee Higgins (maybe, depends on team)

Those were my two big WRs I personally rostered that gave me fits.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Depending who the qb and coach are for the Raiders, Davante Adams

Damion Pierce
Jaylen Waddle
Christian Watson, human Glass Canon
Probably Diggs

If Waddle drops a round or 2 from this year's adp he's an easy snag. He was good most the year (in ppr at least) just not as good as I hoped at pick 27.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
CeeDee was the hero of this year's draft in the first couple of rounds, wasn't he? Never was out except for bye weeks and I don't recall too many stinkers from him.

I drafted him in a 3WR IDP league so superstar performances could be somewhat diluted. Him and Deebo still kicked major rear end for me and hitting on Moster in round 14 or whatever and Gibbs coming in to his own bailed me from losing Chubb early.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I will not be drafting a potentially decent RB with an injury history signing with a very good running offense next year

*glares at Rashaad Penny*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
How it started:

How it ended as a championship roster:

It's a keeper league (keep 2)
I'm debating between keeping AJ Brown (it'll cost me a first round pick), DJ Moore (4th), or Rashee Rice (7th).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bumhead posted:

Time to think about my "Do not loving draft" list.

Mattinson, Miles Sanders

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RCarr posted:

Mattinson, Miles Sanders

lol Miles Sanders made my "do not draft" list a full two years ago.

Pollard and Pickens are mine this year.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
There is never a do not draft list, more a do not draft at their ADP list. I got burned by Mike Evans 2 years ago as a second round pick and put him on my mental list of players to avoid, but I still grabbed him in the 13th round this year when I thought the price was right and he ended up WR3 behind Hill and Lamb and helped me win my league.

Then again, Sanders ADP might be 200 so it is effectively the same as a do not draft list.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

13th… round?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

RCarr posted:

13th… round?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That’s wild. He went in the 7th in my (2 keepers each) league.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RCarr posted:

That’s wild. He went in the 7th in my (2 keepers each) league.

yeah, no matter what format I was drafting in, even in leagues as small as 10-team, he did not go later than 7th round this year

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

What else happened in this draft

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I love when people post their wild drafts or insane stacked teams. It’s a window into a different world where I lucked into a league that has people drafting kickers in the 3rd and Mahomes goes undrafted, somehow

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
People in my draft start getting get drunk real early on and I pretend to do the shots that keep showing up but maintain

I learned this lesson my second year when I ended up sleeping on my hardwood floor with all my poo poo outside because my legs stopped working. I also learned what the term “legless” means in terms of being drunk

So an educational night

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cat Hassler posted:

People in my draft start getting get drunk real early on and I pretend to do the shots that keep showing up but maintain

I learned this lesson my second year when I ended up sleeping on my hardwood floor with all my poo poo outside because my legs stopped working. I also learned what the term “legless” means in terms of being drunk

So an educational night

Goon Bear League had one member fall asleep at their desk after our draft. IIRC who it was, they did make the playoffs!

Honestly the one year I didn't drink in that league remains the worst year I ever had in it. I'm not saying everyone there should drink but IME it sure seems to help.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Quiet Feet posted:

Goon Bear League had one member fall asleep at their desk after our draft. IIRC who it was, they did make the playoffs!

Honestly the one year I didn't drink in that league remains the worst year I ever had in it. I'm not saying everyone there should drink but IME it sure seems to help.

Alcohol in a draft helps for me in just going with my gut feeling

Last year one dude showed up hosed up on shrooms and wandered off halfway through

We just set him to auto draft. Ended up with multiple kickers and defenses but still was on the verge of the playoffs

Fantasy!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Quiet Feet posted:

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Trip report: I dipped into some beers I did not realize were 9.8%, got drunk, botched several entire positions and then fell asleep on my office floor with the light on. 10/10

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I was visiting my cousin during my friend group's fantasy draft. Was out of service for two picks and got autodrafted a second and third TE.

Finished 13-1 in that league lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cat Hassler posted:

So an educational night

Our league has an "award" named after one of the guys notorious for getting belligerently, blackout drunk and/or falling asleep by like the 5th round. Someone inevitably goes way too hard and wins said award. Often, though not always, the guy it's named for! Last year it was me (oops) and I made the playoffs. This year I took it easy and had the worst team I've ever drafted :iiam:

Pain of Mind posted:

There is never a do not draft list, more a do not draft at their ADP list. I got burned by Mike Evans 2 years ago as a second round pick and put him on my mental list of players to avoid, but I still grabbed him in the 13th round this year when I thought the price was right and he ended up WR3 behind Hill and Lamb and helped me win my league.

Then again, Sanders ADP might be 200 so it is effectively the same as a do not draft list.

Agreed. I think a lot about 2022 when everyone was hard fading Seattle because "lol Geno Smith". Everyone on that team ended up being phenomenal values because DK and Lockett went multiple rounds later than their 2021 ADP and Geno and Walker were available on waivers. This year you did well betting on the Texans or Bucs to be better than expected. Though of course sometimes conventional wisdom is right. Like I drafted several Giants this year and LOL.

I am gonna keep fading guys coming off bad midseason injuries though. Feels like for every one where you hit the jackpot, there's another 10 who just blow or immediately reinjure themselves. Let someone else pick up that grenade.

abelwingnut posted:

seriously, just do a ton of best balls. not having to think beyond the draft but still having financial interest weekly is the way to go. also they don’t interfere with your like 1 or 2 friends leagues that’re active weekly beyond the draft.

not having to deal with weekly start/sit decisions is such a relief and still tons of fun. highly strategic too.

This was my first year playing best ball and it was indeed fun. I had a couple teams do OK and more or less won back my buy-ins. No insane paydays but it's nice to dream. Will be spamming a bunch of drafts this summer for sure now that I have a better idea wtf I'm doing.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Gearman posted:

What else happened in this draft

It is a 2 QB league so that drops later players about 1.5 rounds. AT Perry was drafted in the 12th round for some reason. He went undrafted in the 20 team league and every other league on earth.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 4, 2024

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I posted weeks ago about trading Mahomes for Adams straight up in a friend league and overall that trade ended up being a wash for both of us. However it did win me the championship overall because if I had started Mahomes in the semifinal I would've lost instead of winning by 7 points. For the rest of the season the games weren't really close enough for the lineup changes to have mattered. Kinda weird feeling knowing a trade worked out for you by just dumping a mid player lol

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The guy in one of my dynasty leagues that won the championship only won because he traded Kelce for a few players at the deadline. I can't remember what exactly the trade was, but one of the guys he got was Njoku so that alone worked out for him.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I traded Monty for LaPorta and Conner and thought it was slightly in my favor. Either one of them alone would have been better.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I traded Christian Kirk for Aiyuk and Fields after week 9, which I’m pretty sure was the reason I win the championship. Kirk went down for the season a few weeks later, and then my starting QB (Stroud) died a few weeks after that, right as Fields was heating up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this was my first ever draft

my team today (in championship, squeaked by part 1 of the championship with 3 points, part 2 concludes this weekend)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Making the championship after taking two QB’s in the first 6 rounds of a non superflex is impressive. Especially with your 2nd pick dying.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I drafted Jordan Addison for the purpose of making him my keeper, but acquired Nico Collins in a trade. He's making a hell of a case tonight :stare: I would have him for a 9th which is 2 rounds later than I'd get to keep Addison lol

I was feeling pretty meh to bad about trading Waddle for Collins but the keeper angle is a hell of a silver lining. Got like 8 months to think on it I guess

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Collin’s and Stroud both looked great tonight

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Docjowles posted:

I drafted Jordan Addison for the purpose of making him my keeper, but acquired Nico Collins in a trade. He's making a hell of a case tonight :stare: I would have him for a 9th which is 2 rounds later than I'd get to keep Addison lol

I was feeling pretty meh to bad about trading Waddle for Collins but the keeper angle is a hell of a silver lining. Got like 8 months to think on it I guess

I think it'd depend a lot on the Vikes QB situation. Who knows who it's going to be next year.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

dxt posted:

I think it'd depend a lot on the Vikes QB situation. Who knows who it's going to be next year.

Yeah. Addison is also always going to be second fiddle to JJ. But Nico has Tank Dell there with him too. Plenty to twist myself into a pretzel over during the offseason :v:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Docjowles posted:

Yeah. Addison is also always going to be second fiddle to JJ. But Nico has Tank Dell there with him too. Plenty to twist myself into a pretzel over during the offseason :v:

There's also the JJ contract situation in MN. Hopefully they're smart enough just to give him whatever he wants, but they weren't smart enough to do it this past offseason so who knows

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Nico is one of those guys where -- if I had him already in a dynasty setting, I wouldn't be worried at all. But, at the same time as a non-Nico owner, I have no real itch to go try and acquire him.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Docjowles posted:

I am somewhat concerned about how Tank will look after a broken leg, but I also didn’t receive best in the world care when I broke my legs, so idk lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I am somewhat concerned about how Tank will look after a broken leg, but I also didn’t receive best in the world care when I broke my legs, so idk lol

It's good to worry about it.

This year Pollard was propped up heavy by the fantasy community and I remember thinking "didn't he ah... just break his fuckin leg?". Now the narrative has finally come full circle about his broken leg -- but it was certainly top of mind for me during drafts. So yeah, I'd be worried about Tank in that regard too. Although, I believe in Tank much more than I have ever believed in Pollard.