Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
GOOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Tired Moritz posted:

Also I can't believe that no one commented that we're letting the miller who apparently also have the ability to vote on night actions, who somehow didnt believe my theory that scum can't communicate despite literally having evidence in their role pm live.

To address this part: I can't quote my PM to you, but again, I don't know that the name I submit is any kind of vote. I certainly didn't read it that way D1, when all this talk about scum not being able to communicate was being floated. And frankly it was way too early at that point to make that kind of leap, and I said as much in the thread. Right now we're in a vastly different situation with the masonry confirmations being plastered all over everyone's screens.

The key is that my PM says I can submit the name of a player I would like killed - I admitted to this several days ago. It doesn't say what happens to it. The part I overlooked as possibly significant is what comes after, where it says I can do this "as if" I was really scum. And I'm sorry but it didn't really click for me that that might literally mean that actual scum this game are doing the exact same thing. I thought it was just a jokey way to refer to the night kill, but after all that's happened now, I'm not so sure anymore.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

To cap this off I think the only way I could be persuaded to change my mind is that if someone can provide a plausible alternate interpretation of the masonry confirmation we got that incorporates all the answers I got from the mods. It is not enough to say "maybe the results were wrong" - no, the mods told me the masonry confirmation was not wrong and not investigation results in the first place.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
For the record, all of this mechanics discussion and mod communication-related stuff is highly speculative and isn't why I personally am voting TM. I gave my main argument for that in that big list post, it's because of TM's content. I'm of the opinion we should execute TM for being scummy and, with the info we get from that and whatever happens tonight, perhaps try to sort out this other stuff regarding the masonry checks tomorrow. It kind of seems to me like we're mostly just talking in circles at this point, a flip would give a more definitive answer to some of these questions. The prospect of there being three scum left is quite worrying but I'm reasonably confident in the TM read.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I don't see it as speculative at all. There are at least six people who can testify to the masonries being confirmed, and you can verify what that implies just by asking the moderators the same question I did, "what is a confirmed masonry?". No matter what else is going on, all six of us can't possibly be scum, so this should be reliable information.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
It's the classic mislynch TM at endgame scenario tbf. I'm just worried that there is more than 3 scum and this will end the game

Btw I'm morally allowed to ah ha when I'm right, considering people keep ignoring what I wrote the whole game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
If Keats start the post game summary with "okay so you know the Disneyland parks all have secret tunnels for all the character actors to go through" I'm gonna spam smug emojis

:grin:

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

If you somehow don't flip scum then I officially check out of the game, because then Keats and Cloaca have lied to all of us from the start and you can't even trust flips to be accurate.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Just as an added bonus, my thoughts on this claim.

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay so I'm 3P, Walt Disney's frozen head specifically. No actives but I passively will be seen as town by any investigative/night action. If I die and the game doesn't end by day 7, everyone loses.

More specifically, whatever happen will always result in the most townie result. So either the mods are loving with me or there's something going on in this game.
It's very intricate - I don't think it is completely made up or anything. It could in fact be pretty close to the truth. But there's nothing towny about it and I could easily see it as a scum role too. Is TM really 3p? That's the most likely lie, the rest could still be true as a scum role. Giving "the most townie result" is basically a Godfather variant, so not exactly a town-friendly role. Not to mention something that is basically impossible to verify since we don't seem to have a rolecop with us as far as I know.

As for the last part: Is this game really going to go till day 7 (I'm assuming it happens at start of day)? There are eight alive right now. We'll still have three NK's and two executions after TM goes down, that would leave us with only two players at the start of day 7. As far as I can tell, the only way for the day seven thing to come up at all is if there is a 3v1 versus scum on day six and we pick wrong, which I think would be a scum victory if not for the Walt Disney Endgame. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see it ever being relevant as a town loss condition besides the normal scum endgame.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

If you somehow don't flip scum then I officially check out of the game, because then Keats and Cloaca have lied to all of us from the start and you can't even trust flips to be accurate.
Honestly I'd be a little tempted to vote the mods at that point. It is a mod bastard game after all, maybe the game master is the Big Bad?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Tired Moritz (4): NeverHelm, saladscooper, saladscooper, Hyper Crab Tank, saladscooper, Hyper Crab Tank, Hyper Crab Tank, Idle Amalgam
Hyper Crab Tank (2): Your Personal Muse, Toalpaz, saladscooper, saladscooper, Your Personal Muse, Tired Moritz
Toalpaz (1): b-minus1
b-minus1 (0): saladscooper, saladscooper

Not Voting (1): Your Personal Muse

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 21st, 2023 at 6 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 13 hours, 57 minutes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I'm 3p so huh sorry

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

NeverHelm posted:

As for the last part: Is this game really going to go till day 7 (I'm assuming it happens at start of day)? There are eight alive right now. We'll still have three NK's and two executions after TM goes down, that would leave us with only two players at the start of day 7. As far as I can tell, the only way for the day seven thing to come up at all is if there is a 3v1 versus scum on day six and we pick wrong, which I think would be a scum victory if not for the Walt Disney Endgame. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see it ever being relevant as a town loss condition besides the normal scum endgame.

This is another reason I would prefer Moritz over binus or IA today. If somehow he's telling the truth, then the punishment for town is effectively nothing. This game is going to end before day 7 anyway.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
YPM why are you so hesitant to vote moritz and end this stupid day already

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
This question also applies to Toal. Moritz himself, less so.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm on vacation lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

1 if the game isn't over, if I die lunch AI

2 if I don't die, and the game isn't over, lunch binus

Etc

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Salad, you've been playing a good game and I saloot you, from what I've read. But I think everything changes the next game day and we should proceed like I'm the only player cleared by flavour

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

HCT is hosed, and I don't know why you all can read his posts and take it earnestly with this confirmed masonry crap. Look at it and say 'what would be happening in this masonry if HCT is just scum'

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote TM

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Tired Moritz, we hardly knew ye :(

Votecount for Day 4

Tired Moritz (5): NeverHelm, saladscooper, saladscooper, Hyper Crab Tank, saladscooper, Hyper Crab Tank, Hyper Crab Tank, Idle Amalgam, Toalpaz
Hyper Crab Tank (1): Your Personal Muse, Toalpaz, saladscooper, saladscooper, Your Personal Muse, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (1): b-minus1
b-minus1 (0): saladscooper, saladscooper

Not Voting (1): Your Personal Muse

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 21st, 2023 at 6 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 30 minutes.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The hallucinations caused by mass dehydration just increased, and no ice cream stand was in sight. At one point, Tired Moritz declared himself to be Walt Disney's cryogenically frozen head. This was quite obviously not true, seeing how he had limbs and was most definitely the opposite of frozen. This was probably what motivated people to call am ambulance that removed him to a cooler environment.

Tired Moritz, Mickey Mouse, SCUM-aligned Wizard has been taken to the refreshment counter to buy overpriced soft ice!

quote:

You are Mickey Mouse, beloved mascot of the Disney World Theme Park! You are also bent on WORLD DOMINATION! With your magical powers, the world shall tremble before you! Just... don't mention the Broom Incident, okay?

You are Mickey Mouse, SCUM-aligned Wizard.
You are the mickey with the wizard hat, an enduring symbol of Disney and Disneyland theme parks. As such, you have greater clout with the rest of the scum team. Your vote for the nightkill counts double.
As leader of the scum team, you also have clout. Any investigative action on you regarding your alignment and night actions will return the most townie result possible.

You are also in an unconfirmed masonry with another player.

You are SCUM-aligned. You win when your team has full control over the vote.

It is now Night 4!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

The line into the building for your audition is getting shorter and shorter. It's almost time to escape this heat-induced whatever and bask in the air-conditioned building interior. However, the hallucinatory mafia game is not quite over yet. Somehow, the town managed to vote out a member of scum yesterday, and then another member of scum died in the night! Things are really turning around for town amidst this chaos.

The question remains... is there more confusion waiting at the finish line?

Binus has died in the night.

quote:

You are Mickey Mouse, beloved mascot of the Disney World Theme Park! You are also bent on WORLD DOMINATION! With the power of capitalism, the world shall tremble before you!

You are Mickey Mouse, SCUM-aligned Mascot.
As a Day action, you may ##message a player with a message of your choice (max 500 characters). They can choose to reply if they want, but will not be told that it was you who sent the message. You may do this twice per day phase, targeting a different player each time.
As a Night action, you may ##masonize a player of your choice, either creating a new unconfirmed masonry with them or adding them to an existing masonry.
At any point during any part of the game, you may choose to ##confirm this masonry, revealing the true alignment of every player in the masonry to all players in the masonry. This is a private action.
As a free Day action, you may choose to ##combine masonries, combining two masonries of your own into one bigger masonry. This is a private action.

You start out in an unconfirmed masonry with another player.

Goofy, Scum Roleblocker, visited Saladscooper in the night.

It is now day 5. Deadline in like 24 hours I guess, maybe a little longer.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Well. I don't really see any reason why we don't just turbo Idle Amalgam here.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote IA

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

##vote Idle Amalgam

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
##vote ia

This does seem to be the best move I guess.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: There was a Idle Amalgam here. They're gone now.

Votecount for Day 5
With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 22nd, 2023 at 5:12 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Lol

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Idle Amalgam (3): Your Personal Muse, Hyper Crab Tank, Idle Amalgam

Not Voting (3): NeverHelm, saladscooper, Toalpaz

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 22nd, 2023 at 5:12 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
We apologize for the technical difficulties. That was not, in fact, a hammer. Please continue. Correct votecount has been posted above.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I don't think that was meant to be hammer, lol.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I have but one vote to give

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Toalpaz buddy want to do the honors?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm pretty sure that's hammer guys

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote is

Assuming it's a loud visit from the killer

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##vote IA

For good measure

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
That's a hammer!

Votecount for Day 5

Idle Amalgam (4): Your Personal Muse, Hyper Crab Tank, Idle Amalgam, saladscooper

Not Voting (2): NeverHelm, Toalpaz

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Idle Amalgam was killed!

quote:

You are Mickey Mouse, beloved mascot of the Disney World Theme Park! You are also bent on WORLD DOMINATION! With the power of capitalism, the world shall tremble before you!

You are Mickey Mouse, SCUM-aligned Mascot.
As a Day action, you may ##message a player with a message of your choice (max 500 characters). They can choose to reply if they want, but will not be told that it was you who sent the message. You may do this twice per day phase, targeting a different player each time.
As a Night action, you may ##masonize a player of your choice, either creating a new unconfirmed masonry with them or adding them to an existing masonry.
At any point during any part of the game, you may choose to ##confirm this masonry, revealing the true alignment of every player in the masonry to all players in the masonry. This is a private action.
As a free Day action, you may choose to ##combine masonries, combining two masonries of your own into one bigger masonry. This is a private action.

You start out in an unconfirmed masonry with another player.

The game is not over, much to your dismay. It is now night 5. Actions will probably be in quick.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I thought I would resolve night faster, sorry about that!

I'll get right to it. Nobody died in the night.

Goofy, Scum Roleblocker, visited Hyper Crab Tank.

It's now day 6. Good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

last night I redirected from myself to hct, fwiw.