Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Toalpaz posted:

last night I redirected from myself to hct, fwiw.

How do you know that? What did you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Also why has the game not ended. I am really, really tired of this. What are we supposed to do against yet another loving threat? Do we just give up? This is still MYLO, isn't it.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Thoughts on murdering NH in cold blood since we don’t have a town result?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Also why has the game not ended. I am really, really tired of this. What are we supposed to do against yet another loving threat? Do we just give up? This is still MYLO, isn't it.

I don’t think it’s MYLO, we knocked out 3 scum in a row without losing town

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

My main thought is murdering Toalpaz actually since she's a confirmed Mickey Mouse and every other Mickey Mouse now has flipped scum or 3P.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Your Personal Muse posted:

I don’t think it’s MYLO, we knocked out 3 scum in a row without losing town

Okay, the lack of an NK last night means we probably have one more day, but that assumes whoever is left can't do two kills tonight. From where I'm standing you, saladscooper and I have all been confirmed by masonries as town, so maybe we can just win if neither Toalpaz nor NH can kill twice?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I'm just extremely wary of the now apparent fact that the game started with five antitown roles in it, and if binus hadn't died in the night we were actually dead town walking on D4 before we yeeted Moritz.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Like whoever is left must be an antitown 3P, it is not possible for it to be a fifth scum or the game would have literally been over. But even so we only have insane dumb luck or whatever happened to binus to thank for the game not having been over for like a real life week.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

My main thought is murdering Toalpaz actually since she's a confirmed Mickey Mouse and every other Mickey Mouse now has flipped scum or 3P.

I forgot Toal is MM, probably a better bet

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I forgot Toal is MM, probably a better bet

Also, her role claim stinks. She claimed first to be a naive cop which can't exist in this game, then she claimed to have no night action, but claims to have been redirected last night just now. She's a big round-eared liar.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

References:

Toalpaz posted:

I don't have any information,

Copped d1-4
Dinqol town
ia town
opop town
salad town

Yes, I copped dinqol before he was shot. Unfortunately, it seems I am a naive cop. I never brought it up because I was just a fake role given the scum flip on dinqol and the later Mickey mouse flip.

I don't have a night action.

Toalpaz posted:

last night I redirected from myself to hct, fwiw.

Clear contradictions here.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I'd agree that Toal is the safest bet for an execution today, but I keep getting stuck on what happens if she turns up town.

Well, then we'd hit NH tomorrow I guess. But part of me thinks that NH is the better bet since we know there can't be five scum and it'd make sense for her to be the One Town Mickey Mouse.

Idk. Very strange game. I think I'd rather do NH but I'll go for Toal if people really want. ##vote NeverHelm

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

It wouldn't hurt for NeverHelm to fully claim his role because what are we waiting for now anyway, but I don't think I want to vote the question mark who has played pretty towny all game versus the proven liar who was flavorcopped Mickey Mouse.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Though I will say I've been harboring a secret suspicion that HCT has some kind of antitown orthowin or something and posts like these don't do anything to reduce that suspicion. There's no reason to give up under these circumstances with 3 masonry-confirmed townies alive. Seriously no reason at all. We haven't seen anything suggesting there can be two nightkills, why bother bringing it up?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
HCT, are you the Hidden Mickey?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

saladscooper posted:

Though I will say I've been harboring a secret suspicion that HCT has some kind of antitown orthowin or something and posts like these don't do anything to reduce that suspicion. There's no reason to give up under these circumstances with 3 masonry-confirmed townies alive. Seriously no reason at all. We haven't seen anything suggesting there can be two nightkills, why bother bringing it up?

The main reason is because I have been tearing my hair out at all game-night in my confessional over MYLO math. I am flabbergasted that there is a fifth killer out there to begin with - but there obviously is, because otherwise the game would have ended already. So I've been thinking all night that we would have four players alive today (five last night, plus an NK) and that would have been MYLO, but then there was no NK and that isn't true anymore. It's just really not what I expected.

Point is, this game has kind of exhausted me. I really thought we had it when we got four scum yeeted, in a game of 15. But now it turns out 5/15 of the game was murderous antitownies, and that just makes me feel deflated and like the deck was stacked against us to begin with. I know saying "read my confessional" doesn't help right now, but it's true.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

saladscooper posted:

HCT, are you the Hidden Mickey?

No, I am Goofy, Scum Roleblocker as I have claimed.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Plus, you of all people should know I'm town because you saw the masonry confirmation. The same masonry confirmation that then got both binus and TMoritz exposed as scum, exactly like it said, and cleared yourself. I'm trusting you for the same reason when you say YPM is cleared the same way.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
That is true. Precluding voluntary alignment changes, of course.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

##vote Toalpaz I can't find any more likely vote than this tbh. The possibility exists that it is NeverHelm, but I don't think any possibility exists that it's saladscooper or YPM, and Toalpaz is just the more likely final villain.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Alright, fine. ##vote Toalpaz

YPM, NH, either of you good to hammer or do you have some kind of wacky game-changing result? (Please the former)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I do have a game changing announcement.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Part of me wants to unvote just to see if NeverHelm has something critical to say but another part of me says that it doesn't matter, because either Toalpaz is the final threat and this vote is correct anyway, or NeverHelm is the final threat and he's not going to tell us anything real anyway.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It will change the way you think of this game.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
There is no possible way you can look at my information and not be utterly dumbfounded.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I…

received…

a…

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote Toalpaz

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I…

received…

a…

oh my god

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Join the club. Literally!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: There was a Toalpaz here. They're gone now.

Votecount for Day 6

Toalpaz (3): Hyper Crab Tank, saladscooper, Your Personal Muse
NeverHelm (0): saladscooper, saladscooper

Not Voting (2): NeverHelm, Toalpaz

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Toalpaz has been hammered!

She was SCUM-aligned.

quote:

You are Mickey Mouse, beloved mascot of the Disney World Theme Park! You are also bent on WORLD DOMINATION! As the mascot of the Disney brand, you can say the word and anybody will be cancelled in a snap. With your powers of deduction, the world shall tremble before you!

You are Mickey Mouse, SCUM-aligned Detective.
As a Day action, you may ##cop a player of your choosing, learning their alignment.
As a Night action, you may choose to ##jugg your kill, if your choice is selected, making it unstoppable by any means. You must decide whether or not to use your Jugg when submitting the kill. After performing a kill with the jugg, it will be exhausted for the rest of the game.

You are SCUM-aligned. You win when your team has full control over the vote.

This ends the game in a TOWN victory.

Thank you for playing!

This game was really interesting and fun to watch, so I hope it was fun to play too. Cloacamazing(!) hand-picked most of the roles, and did the legwork figuring how they should work together, so it's really her fault that this happened. Blame her. For those curious about the ideas I had originally brought to Clo, and how we thought about the setup, I'll make a more detailed post in a bit. And maybe Clo wants to make a post about it too!

For now, so I can get this flip up in a timely fashion, yes there were five scum at the start of the game. Every member of scum had the flavor of "Mickey Mouse", and Shwin's 3P wincon was identical to town's. The scum team was not told who each other were at the start of the game, although two pairs started in unconfirmed masonries that could be confirmed at any time. The 5th unmasoned scum had a powerful daycop action. The Nightkill was performed via blind vote. In a normal game, the game would have ended on day 4 like HCT has said, and we did expect scum to win. However, in this case scum were required to actually play out their win due to the potential for unlikely circumstances... which ended up coming to pass. Our conditions for ending the game in a scum victory depended upon the scum team recognizing who each other are and coordinating votes, in or out of thread.

We'll put you in obschat in Discord when Clo wakes up because I don't know how to do that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I genuinely thought this was a cult game and the mason recruiters were actually Mickeyizers.
Good stuff Keats make more games, only complaint I'd say is that that role kind of sucked for Shwinne, should have given them a BP or something

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Opopanax posted:

I'd say is that that role kind of sucked for Shwinne, should have given them a BP or something

I wanted him to win with town after dying :colbert:

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I manage to make all the right decisions despite my horrible paranoia.

Good game everyone, scum kinda got dealt a bad hand cause they had to scumhunt lmao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

saladscooper posted:

I manage to make all the right decisions despite my horrible paranoia.

Good game everyone, scum kinda got dealt a bad hand cause they had to scumhunt lmao

I liked having to scum hunt as scum. It made it much easier to post. For example, I would have posted the exact same way as town on the final day I was alive. It couldn’t believe that people were fine with letting toal live another day

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Hi I was actually town doctor all along but I never saved anyone's life until right at the end.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Johnny Keats posted:

I wanted him to win with town after dying :colbert:

Sure but how is that different from just making him town
My role in particular would have made his life more difficult, since we'd eventually start killing Mickey's

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would have survived a lottttt longer if I was nicer to YPM, that is explicitly why Circl shot me.

I'm gonna go ahead and learn nothing from that.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Perfect bodyguard play. Saved the townie that hammered the final scum.

Neat setup. Somehow surprised at how many actions just went unused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Gg, happy to at least be the last scums standing

Mickey mouse forevevevrvrv