Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

wins32767 posted:

So sorry to hear that. You're in my thoughts.

##vote Keats Since when do you ever want to restrain setup spec?

This is a scummy post, but not as bad as Keats. Sharing information, sure. Talking through it when we should be trying to find scum? Not so much.

I have no idea where you got the idea from that post that I want to restrain setup spec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I am skipping all of deadmeats posts. Someone please translate if there's actual content there.

Unironically I have been asking chatGPT to rephrase his posts like a normal post in a mafia game. Here is the translation of his last post:

quote:

Alright, guys, let me tell you about my run-in with this player, AnonymousNarcotics. Man, they play a tough game. It's like they're part of some secret society, always scheming, always making moves that had me on my toes. Their every move was like a carefully planned chess game, pushing me to my limits. They're crafty, I'll give them that.

Every conversation, every action they took, it was like peeling back the layers of some big secret. It was intense and kinda messed with my head, not gonna lie. They were like this master of manipulation, leaving a lasting impact on me, like mental scars from surviving their mind games.

To this day, I can't forget AnonymousNarcotics. They're etched in my memory, a constant reminder of the steep price you pay when you get involved in the crazy world of this mafia game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
##dream I guess?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Feel better, Diqnol :) better days coming your way I'm sure

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Tell us what dream does when you get results. I'm curious.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Aaah congrats Toalpaz.... Ty for supporting SA mafia despite being irl famous now...

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Deadmeat5150 (2): Jen X, Johnny Keats
Johnny Keats (2): CubicalSucrose, wins32767
t a s t e (1): Jezza of OZPOS

Not Voting (11): AnonymousNarcotics, Deadmeat5150, Diqnol, fool of sound, Idle Amalgam, Punkreas, saladscooper, Sandwolf, t a s t e, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 07th, 2023 at 10 p.m. BST -- that's in about 1 day, 14 hours.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Huh? Who's famous?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Johnny Keats posted:

Unironically I have been asking chatGPT to rephrase his posts like a normal post in a mafia game. Here is the translation of his last post:

this is a good idea thank you

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Town people:
Dipnol
Toalpaz
Deadmeat

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i dont remember much of the actual games mechanics so I hope that if affinity has interactions with adjacent affinities as in maugs flavour text that its completely random and not the same order/pattern as the way you could upgrade/split lore in CS

##vote taste

lol i found a chart with the affinity orders so i hope it really is that easy

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
That post I got pinged by was probably a false alarm, this seems like town Keats so far

I agree with wins that this post is bad:

fool of sound posted:

I feel like setup spec is a productive line of discussion where it’s day 1 and we have a fair amount of setup information.

And I'm getting some weird vibes off TM. Maybe I'm used to him lurking more but I have never known TM to post townlists. It's not a great reason to vote him even for D1 but I would go there.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Punkreas posted:

Talking... did very little for me. It seemed to be purely flavor text? And even that wasn't me actually talking to anyone; it could be a setup for someone to talk to me later.

However I will be doing this: ##vote Punk

As it turns out talking sets up an unconfirmed masonry with everyone who talked. I have no idea why town Punk would want to keep this secret.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

its also worth pointing out it seems logical to infer it is a temporary masonry because it is labelled with the day number so since nobody really has anything to trade it is not super useful d1

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

its also worth pointing out it seems logical to infer it is a temporary masonry because it is labelled with the day number so since nobody really has anything to trade it is not super useful d1

Yeah I should've mentioned this cause it's part of the reason why I think it's weird that Punk doesn't want to talk about it lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

wait it specifically says it is temporary at the top of the chat, im bad at reading

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

I feel like every game I play with taste, I at some point go "Taste is in this game?"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Johnny Keats posted:

Tell us what dream does when you get results. I'm curious.

Sandwolf posted:

Dream was another ducking day messaging ability. And boy am I sick to loving death of them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Sandwolf do you want me to @ @ you

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
What is stopping the dreamers from creating a chain loop of private information

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i dont remember much of the actual games mechanics so I hope that if affinity has interactions with adjacent affinities as in maugs flavour text that its completely random and not the same order/pattern as the way you could upgrade/split lore in CS

##vote taste

saladscooper posted:

I asked maugrim about adjacent principles and he said I haven't discovered that yet so I'm guessing it's something we have to study or explore to learn

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I feel like we need to recognize that maugrim made a game without day 1 sucking. Thanks maug

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

This could have been figured out before the game started. But have fun in your masonry, I'll be here with all my coins

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

saladscooper posted:

Yeah I should've mentioned this cause it's part of the reason why I think it's weird that Punk doesn't want to talk about it lol

Did you confront him in the masonry about this?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Put in ##work

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Okay I'm caught up. Literally start the ritual mod. Do it. I want to sacrifice and stand on the precipice of a forest of knives. Lead me to where moths flit between thoughts leaving holes where we are cut. I want to meet others who leak sapphire from these wounds. Sap from the tree of rigour.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Do you recall how we came to this place wait poo poo no

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Johnny Keats posted:

I have no idea where you got the idea from that post that I want to restrain setup spec.

"It's best to be inscrutable at first". Since when has that ever described your play?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
can someone make a spreadsheet so we know who is all the people that did what actions
i suggest killing all the studiers. make this a nerd-free zone

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

saladscooper posted:

As it turns out talking sets up an unconfirmed masonry with everyone who talked. I have no idea why town Punk would want to keep this secret.

Turns out I'm dumb as bricks and thought the masonry was a game start established one, not because of Talk.

I'm also very sick.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

Okay I'm caught up. Literally start the ritual mod. Do it. I want to sacrifice and stand on the precipice of a forest of knives. Lead me to where moths flit between thoughts leaving holes where we are cut. I want to meet others who leak sapphire from these wounds. Sap from the tree of rigour.

Sounds sus

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Toalpaz posted:

i like the way you think

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Punkreas posted:

Turns out I'm dumb as bricks and thought the masonry was a game start established one, not because of Talk.

I'm also very sick.

##unvote Yeah this makes sense actually.

Hope you feel better soon!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

What?? You don’t?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

Jesus Christ “affinity orders” Maug is gonna be so pissed at me N1 lmao

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tired Moritz posted:

What is stopping the dreamers from creating a chain loop of private information

Deadmeat already messaged me, I am grumpy and bitter about daymessages, you can message me if you want, I don’t have much info to share back

Deadmeat waxed lyrical in the private message too, btw, which makes me think he’s just doing something for fun this game. If it seems like a blind to not post any game content I’ll vote there but he’s got a pass from me D1.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Sandwolf posted:

What?? You don’t?

It's a temporary unconfirmed 3-way masonry where the people who are in it are theoretically public (cause the talk action is public). I don't see a reason to keep that hidden

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

It's a temporary unconfirmed 3-way masonry where the people who are in it are theoretically public (cause the talk action is public). I don't see a reason to keep that hidden

I didn’t know it was temporary

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Sandwolf posted:

Deadmeat already messaged me, I am grumpy and bitter about daymessages, you can message me if you want, I don’t have much info to share back

Deadmeat waxed lyrical in the private message too, btw, which makes me think he’s just doing something for fun this game. If it seems like a blind to not post any game content I’ll vote there but he’s got a pass from me D1.

Breaking kayfabe to say that I'm absolutely doing fun things for this game because I've always loved the Fallen London kind of writing in long sentences that don't really go anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

All I have is meta, but Keats is being far, far to reasonable this game. He normally draws a ton of heat and he's being maybe even a pleasure to play with? This is like punishing a puppy for peeing outdoors instead of all over the carpet, but I can't help but feel this is related to his alignment.