Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wins32767 posted:

All I have is meta, but Keats is being far, far to reasonable this game. He normally draws a ton of heat and he's being maybe even a pleasure to play with? This is like punishing a puppy for peeing outdoors instead of all over the carpet, but I can't help but feel this is related to his alignment.

scum post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

wins32767 posted:

All I have is meta, but Keats is being far, far to reasonable this game. He normally draws a ton of heat and he's being maybe even a pleasure to play with? This is like punishing a puppy for peeing outdoors instead of all over the carpet, but I can't help but feel this is related to his alignment.

Funnily enough, the "inscrutable" comment was a nod to my meta. And sort of an exaggerated version of my opinions regarding mafia strategy. I think it's valuable as town and scum alike to be inscrutable in the sense that, as town, the scum team can't really know what to do with me or predict what I'll do. They can't even be sure that I'm telling the truth about my scum reads, because, I dunno, I'm just that crazy I guess. Anyway, on the other hand sometimes I just am bad at getting my point across and that is not me being intentionally inscrutable. Unless if I'm scum then it might be on purpose.

All this to say, well poo poo I don't know what I was going to say. I haven't been scum in a frickin long time though, so it's getting harder to imagine myself in that headspace to be like "I would definitely do such and such differently as scum"

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Spices rainbow in hue season denizens of the endless vermillion river, the Dongervue, until all are el dante before the Rester.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

Spices rainbow in hue season denizens of the endless vermillion river, the Dongervue, until all are el dante before the Rester.

Alright who just got Manchurian Candidate awoken

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Toalpaz posted:

Esteemed Toalpaz,

In the labyrinthine depths of our arcane pursuits, I pen this letter with a delicate plea that reverberates within the shadows of our shared enigma. I implore you, dear comrade, to reconsider the labyrinthine path of cryptic discourse you weave. While the allure of esoteric allusions and enigmatic revelations may hold sway over our mortal senses, let us not forget the value of clarity and directness in our dealings.

Within the web of our clandestine endeavors, the tendrils of secrecy can often ensnare the unwary and confound the curious. As we seek to unravel the intricate tapestry of hidden truths, it is essential to strike a balance between the sublime dance of veiled language and the practicality of lucid communication. The obscured whispers of obfuscation, while tantalizing, can also hinder our collective progress and unity.

Let us, in our covenant of shared knowledge, strive to embrace a more transparent discourse, where the riddles of our intentions yield to the illuminating radiance of plain speech. By unmasking our intentions and allowing our words to flow forth with clarity, we shall foster an environment where understanding thrives and the seeds of collaboration may blossom.

In this convocation of minds and arcane pursuits, we find strength not only in the enigmatic depths we explore, but also in the bonds of trust and cooperation we forge. Together, let us unravel the complexities that surround us, not through an impenetrable fog of cryptic language, but through a harmonious symphony of cogent expression.

May our path be illuminated by the clarity of purpose and the shared pursuit of truth.

Ever devoted,
Deadmeat5150

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Esteemed Deadmeat 5150,

Your appeal to embrace transparent discourse is a precious beacon of wisdom, but pray illuminate thyself before setting the blinding eye of judgement upon those around you.

In clarity,
J. Keats

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Johnny Keats posted:

Esteemed Deadmeat 5150,

Your appeal to embrace transparent discourse is a precious beacon of wisdom, but pray illuminate thyself before setting the blinding eye of judgement upon those around you.

In clarity,
J. Keats

Esteemed J Keets,

Within the esoteric realm where shadows converge and whispers of hidden knowledge persist, I pen this letter to address a matter of utmost importance. I wish to reassure you, dear friend, that in all our intricate exchanges and mysterious discourse, I have maintained an unwavering commitment to transparency and clarity.

From the very inception of our shared journey into the occult abyss, I have strived to peel back the shrouds of ambiguity and embrace a more direct path of communication. My words have been unclouded, my intentions unveiled, as I bared my soul before the enigmatic tapestry of our collective pursuit.

Know, J Keets, that I have held no secrets veiled within the cryptic echoes of my speech. Each exchange has been an honest unveiling of my thoughts, a candid expression of my insights and discoveries. In this realm of intricate webs and concealed meanings, I have endeavored to be a beacon of transparency, guiding us through the labyrinthine corridors of our shared quest.

However, I understand the allure of obfuscation and the artful dance of hidden truths that permeates our chosen path. Should you seek a different level of enigmatic discourse, I shall adapt and mirror the shades of secrecy you desire. For our bond, forged in the fires of arcane exploration, allows for such flexibility and symbiosis.

Let us continue our journey, J Keets, with our minds untangled from the webs of ambiguity, and our intentions laid bare amidst the currents of shared understanding. Through clarity and trust, we shall navigate the mystic currents that swirl around us, united in purpose and vision.

Yours in unwavering transparency,
Deadmeat5150

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
does anyone want to hear a fart joke

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

saladscooper posted:

Yes

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

saladscooper posted:

As the cultists gathered in solemn ritual, a potent incantation filled the air, resonating with the weight of hidden knowledge. But lo and behold, amidst the profound silence, a rumbling eruption escaped the depths of one unsuspecting cultist. A mighty gust of flatulence, like a forgotten relic from a bygone age, disrupted the sacred proceedings. The cultists, initially startled, soon found themselves overcome with laughter, their somber countenances shattered by the unexpected whimsy.

And so, amidst the tangle of cryptic invocations and cosmic revelations, a humble fart served as a reminder that even amidst the pursuit of arcane truths, the capricious nature of human existence may break through the veils of solemnity, bringing forth mirth and levity.

Let this tale be a testament to the harmonious dance of the profound and the absurd, for even in the shadowed realms of esoteric endeavors, the human spirit finds solace in the simplest of pleasures, transcending the ethereal boundaries of our cosmic pursuits.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey someone tell me who is scum thanks

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Diqnol posted:

Hey someone tell me who is scum thanks

This game has no scum. It's one of those psychological tests and if we execute anyone we lose.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ah, I see. ##vote fool of sound

Thank you for your help, may your egg hatch in tranquility

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

wins32767 posted:

So heres what I think. Wins posted like this in my last game with him and was town. I have a vague decent feeling about wins relative to his scum game.

Keats gave me a bad vibe when I was skimming during work on my phone between tickets today. I don't have the energy to be a good poster right now but I have a bad feeling about him so ##vote keats

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Diqnol posted:

So heres what I think. Wins posted like this in my last game with him and was town. I have a vague decent feeling about wins relative to his scum game.

Keats gave me a bad vibe when I was skimming during work on my phone between tickets today. I don't have the energy to be a good poster right now but I have a bad feeling about him so ##vote keats

3rd vote scum vote

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
But actually I really don't like that post. It feels like a scum drive by

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Diqnol posted:

I don't like this vote or the over rationalizing of it through both townreading wins to support his vote and the reasonable vibe call

##vote Diqnol

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

That post reads to me like someone who is going through some poo poo and not really playing hard versus scum, but ymmv.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

ok here goes

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Jen X posted:

I don't like this vote or the over rationalizing of it through both townreading wins to support his vote and the reasonable vibe call

##vote Diqnol

I had to read these words a few times to comprehend them and this post comes off as manufactured reasoning for a bad vote ##vote Jen X

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

But actually I really don't like that post. It feels like a scum drive by

this reaction to diqnol's post on the other hand i think shows a more genuine thought process... feels like an actual attempt to discover why they're being pinged rather than just throwing words at the wall

i agree with wins wrt diqnol's post, ftr

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

saladscooper posted:

I had to read these words a few times to comprehend them and this post comes off as manufactured reasoning for a bad vote ##vote Jen X

"manufactured" how, you nincompoop

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I think overexplaining a vote is a sign of general paranoia over how people will perceive it

and that kind of self-consciousness is very common to scum, who have reason to fear that poo poo

I made this rhyme in honor of your music league submissions

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i just don't think diqnol's vote was overexplained. i've made many posts like it as tired town before

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It seems like a pretty fair response from Diqnol, Jen depicting it as “overationalizing” strikes me as a bridge too far

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
For the people who picked Explore before me like literally the minute the game opened, why did you pick that option and are you happy about the results?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
The timing worked out really well for me bc I had just finished work. I picked explore bc in the actual game, explore can open up new places that can be really helpful (like the bookshop or auction house). Guess I was kinda hoping something cool would come from it!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I send message
Anyway, let's turbo
##vote Sandwolf

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Johnny Keats (3): CubicalSucrose, wins32767, Diqnol
t a s t e (1): Jezza of OZPOS
Jen X (1): saladscooper
Sandwolf (1): Tired Moritz
Deadmeat5150 (1): Jen X, Johnny Keats, Jen X
Diqnol (1): Jen X
Punkreas (0): saladscooper, saladscooper
fool of sound (0): Diqnol, Diqnol

Not Voting (8): AnonymousNarcotics, Deadmeat5150, fool of sound, Idle Amalgam, Punkreas, Sandwolf, t a s t e, Toalpaz

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 07th, 2023 at 10 p.m. BST -- that's in about 12 hours, 31 minutes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Esteemed Toalpaz,

In the labyrinthine depths of our arcane pursuits, I pen this letter with a delicate plea that reverberates within the shadows of our shared enigma. I implore you, dear comrade, to reconsider the labyrinthine path of cryptic discourse you weave. While the allure of esoteric allusions and enigmatic revelations may hold sway over our mortal senses, let us not forget the value of clarity and directness in our dealings.

Within the web of our clandestine endeavors, the tendrils of secrecy can often ensnare the unwary and confound the curious. As we seek to unravel the intricate tapestry of hidden truths, it is essential to strike a balance between the sublime dance of veiled language and the practicality of lucid communication. The obscured whispers of obfuscation, while tantalizing, can also hinder our collective progress and unity.

Let us, in our covenant of shared knowledge, strive to embrace a more transparent discourse, where the riddles of our intentions yield to the illuminating radiance of plain speech. By unmasking our intentions and allowing our words to flow forth with clarity, we shall foster an environment where understanding thrives and the seeds of collaboration may blossom.

In this convocation of minds and arcane pursuits, we find strength not only in the enigmatic depths we explore, but also in the bonds of trust and cooperation we forge. Together, let us unravel the complexities that surround us, not through an impenetrable fog of cryptic language, but through a harmonious symphony of cogent expression.

May our path be illuminated by the clarity of purpose and the shared pursuit of truth.

Ever devoted,
Deadmeat5150

Deadmeat

Thank you for your compliment. Your words of caution and chastisement bring upon me a relief refused by the vile poisonous air of my hometown. However, while clarity and fraternity may, at times, serve to shine light on hidden intentions I find it is more comforting not to shine too brightly.

I am weary of those who smile too beautifully and wield light too readily and devour knowledge too greedily. I knew of a man in Napanee who sought to satisfy base instinct; Curiosity. Fascination bubbled deep within wearing down his being, like a creek, and he simply fed it with his knowledge and reason. Unstymied as it was, he soon became a font of light - the very thing that destroyed his soul and passion. He was simply a pawn!

Now as a fan I'll share with you some original work unfit for even my daily tabloids:

What am I
A wound that is the
medicine. Waiting,
for sun that
never rises. To drink,
and to find yourself
still thirsty.
Both victims and
unafflicted may never know.
To wither on
the vine.

Good day deadmeat, good luck with your hunt.

Toaly

##vote IA

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I voted IA because while we all wear masks he simply is not the same man. His eye brows were thicker before. His earlobes hang incorrectly and his nose is crooked in the exact opposite direction. I think that birthmark was never there, to top it all off I've never heard him talk so harshly. I believe he isn't IA.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
:monocle:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sup

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Am I being voted becauce I haven't posted for the last like 15 hours? I'm catching up now.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Esteemed J Keets,

Within the esoteric realm where shadows converge and whispers of hidden knowledge persist, I pen this letter to address a matter of utmost importance. I wish to reassure you, dear friend, that in all our intricate exchanges and mysterious discourse, I have maintained an unwavering commitment to transparency and clarity.

From the very inception of our shared journey into the occult abyss, I have strived to peel back the shrouds of ambiguity and embrace a more direct path of communication. My words have been unclouded, my intentions unveiled, as I bared my soul before the enigmatic tapestry of our collective pursuit.

Know, J Keets, that I have held no secrets veiled within the cryptic echoes of my speech. Each exchange has been an honest unveiling of my thoughts, a candid expression of my insights and discoveries. In this realm of intricate webs and concealed meanings, I have endeavored to be a beacon of transparency, guiding us through the labyrinthine corridors of our shared quest.

However, I understand the allure of obfuscation and the artful dance of hidden truths that permeates our chosen path. Should you seek a different level of enigmatic discourse, I shall adapt and mirror the shades of secrecy you desire. For our bond, forged in the fires of arcane exploration, allows for such flexibility and symbiosis.

Let us continue our journey, J Keets, with our minds untangled from the webs of ambiguity, and our intentions laid bare amidst the currents of shared understanding. Through clarity and trust, we shall navigate the mystic currents that swirl around us, united in purpose and vision.

Yours in unwavering transparency,
Deadmeat5150

You receive a letter addressed to you. When you open it, a single lilac falls out, stained black by ink.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Jen X posted:

[...] it

[...] poo poo

I made this rhyme in honor of your music league submissions

Burn

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I don't know who's scum. Does anyone feel strongly about it?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote TM

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wtf...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023