Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Illusionis posted:

Lol this is panicking scum, claiming cop under the slightest pressure case closed

Huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf, AGAIN?

Why you always following me?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote sandwolf

I have no idea how the mechanics work here so someone volunteer to tell me what to do

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Johnny Keats posted:

And I repeat my conclusion that roles that have a speciality for weapons (probably in particular the revolver) probably belong to scum. So that's sus of Illu.

This is silly ##vote keats

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Punkreas posted:

Going for the Candlestick! Not sure what room yet, though.

Don’t go for the candlestick

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Anyone wanna hang out tonight

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Thank god I'm town this game.

:wrong: I can message people with the dagger. I don't know how that works either but it does.

I also have something on the order of a flare available for anyone joining me in the Conservatory. We can match people to actions all game and box in the scum nicely.

Iggy I’m down!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Right. I’ve made my super secret selections for tonight.

Now let’s see who scum.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

shwinnebego posted:

You can join me and Cube in the Library

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

Hell yeah m8 let’s go to JP

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

So Keats is posting super weird stuff in many ways. I’m down to vote him for it but I also think he’s an easy target.

Cpig is posting towny relative to last game where I correctly scum read him. More forthcoming.

Illusionis I’m not sure about. The back and forth with Keats actually reads a bit like scum latching onto an east target but it could be honest. If we flip Keats that will help as I don’t think it’s a bus

More later.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Hell yeah m8 let’s go to JP

On my way to Chicago for a minute but I’ll be back to rage once more in boston soon enough

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Keats why did you pick Cube to ask to join you? If you cannot safely answer this question I’ll treat that as potentially valid Town.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Illusionis posted:

Lol this is panicking scum, claiming cop under the slightest pressure case closed

I don’t like this Illusionis post. Yes, Keats’ seer claim is extremely weird and does not seem like good d1 play as ANY alignment. But the idea that it’s a preemptive panicked scum play rather than being so weird as to merit further investigation feels off

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Thank god I'm town this game.

:wrong: I can message people with the dagger. I don't know how that works either but it does.

I also have something on the order of a flare available for anyone joining me in the Conservatory. We can match people to actions all game and box in the scum nicely.

On second read I dont like this post at all. There’s no way the game is trivially solvable with night actions bingo and Iggy knows that

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'll admit I'm distracted as poo poo today but imma claim wrench since no one else has I don't think?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Johnny Keats posted:

You can join me and Cube in the Library

After all the hand wringing about you and Cube, you said Illu was town but he's seemingly not invited but shwinn is? Sus

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Maerlyn posted:

After all the hand wringing about you and Cube, you said Illu was town but he's seemingly not invited but shwinn is? Sus

Sorry I didn't invite you Maer. But I can't control you, you might show up in the library against my will.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

shwinnebego posted:

So Keats is posting super weird stuff in many ways. I’m down to vote him for it but I also think he’s an easy target.

I've seen Keats get killed for weird posting in every game they've been in so far regardless of alignment

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Opopanax posted:

I've seen Keats get killed for weird posting in every game they've been in so far regardless of alignment

What do you think about illusionis?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

And what do you think about Iggy?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

My D1 focus is narrowing on those three

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

gently caress if I know we're like an hour into the game I barely have thoughts at all

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think Keats scum slipped by claiming cop.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I think Keats scum slipped by claiming cop.

Explain?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

shwinnebego posted:

On second read I dont like this post at all. There’s no way the game is trivially solvable with night actions bingo and Iggy knows that

:shrug: It's not but flares at their best can be very handy for putting scum on the spot if everyone else can be matched up to what they said they were doing on a given night while scum players are the odd ones out. This one requires everybody be in the Conservatory to work, so I make the case as plainly as possible that hey, if enough people join me there this could make the game for town.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I don't know if Keats is scum but I haven't liked what I've seen from him so far, it doesn't quite feel like simply being boneheaded wrong about mechanics just because of the way he reads his own role info.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm going for the lead pipe

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
And I was going to go to the dining room but the conservatory gathering looks potentially interesting.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

shwinnebego posted:

Don’t go for the candlestick

You can have it tomorrow night!

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Johnny Keats posted:

You know, if fewer people go for weapons, we'll have a much better idea of exactly where the weapons have gone? There is way more than 1 way to look at the strategy of this game.

I know people are jumping on you for some bad takes, but this is a big one.

Did you realize the act of taking a weapon is a private action? One claimed in your confessional?

So everyone declaring what they are trying to grab in the thread is just doing towny business and helping folks be informed. (Or lying scums trying to misdirect, either way.)

100%, 10000% scum are all going to try for weapons, and coordinate to make sure they spread out, or maximize their chances on one they really want (revolver does seem likely for that). Town should also be trying for weapons, and they should be announcing what they are trying for in thread. You should stop trying to convince people otherwise, it's not a good look.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote Spork

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to go for the revolver because it seems like something we'd want to keep out of scum hands

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opopanax posted:

I'm going to go for the revolver because it seems like something we'd want to keep out of scum hands

Ah, so you are trying to ensure it lands in scum hands?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

I'll admit I'm distracted as poo poo today but imma claim wrench since no one else has I don't think?

No, that's my pick too! Maer, you are now my mortal enemy.

Thinking of joining either the Conservatory party, or the library nerds.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends, reading my role PM this seems like a fantastically fun setup.

Keats certainly throwing around some confident speculation, kinda weird

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

CubicalSucrose posted:

Caught scum.

b]##vote Illu[/b]

---

But actually town should be strongly coordinating this game. I'm grabbing rope and going to the conservatory (but can be convinced to do otherwise).

We should put 2-3 people in each room pre-planned, and have 2-3 people attempt to grab each weapon, again pre-planned. All announced in thread before the end of the day.

Since masonries will stay forever, we should have each person say within their masonry-room whether or not they got a weapon, who else was in the room, and what the weapon does.

Then the next day, we all report out. Explain what each weapon does. Any inconsistencies should be able to be found out easily by checking the masonry room against conflicting claims.

I'm not sure this fully solves it for town, but should be a very good start. Please suggest improvements on such a method.

D1 I'm only going to only vote folks who are opposed to some sort of strong coordination/solving attempt.

I assume scum have some power(s) to hamper this type of effort (room-redirector is one guess), but even with some interference I think this should significantly improve town's chance of winning.

(The board game literally gives players spreadsheets to help solve. I'm in my element and expect to die N1.)

Sandwolf posted:

Cube is town

Strong town Cube vibes too but I'll just be honest, putting out all your actions up front just tells scum exactly what they should be doing and finding weak spots to exploit. You can call your shots if you want, I'd rather play it coy and see if someone slips up/makes a claim that's demonstrably false. I already claimed my weapon grab but you're giving scum just as much info as town.

Vote me for it if you want, I'll just be saying "I told you so" later.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Oh also, I'm going to have a party tomorrow night in the Billiards room! Everyone should try to join me there then.

(Ie. Don't go to the Billiards room tonight.)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’ll probably go wrench or rope, seems like maybe wrench has a couple people going for it, not sure about rope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I'm grabbing the revolver today. I'm also going to hang out in the kitchen.