Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

!Aim never has, and I believe PR added a couple more to the list, though I don't remember which ones off hand.

Honorable mention to Goblin Punch, which ignores the !Flee proc, but also ignores the unique formula for chicken knife's attack stat.

!Aim doesn't trigger !Flee in PR. Last I tried !Mug did in PR though but I think that may have been fixed.

Also since there was talk in the discord about how apparently in PR !Dance is magic it inspired me to make this inspired by Arcade Pit's Team Battle intro video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMPN6k35Jrk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Wait I am confused I thought you need to get all 12 weapons for plot purposes?

nope, its just that Ghido really underestimates the party. Also consider that at the very best you can only use 8 of the 12 at any one time.

also regarding the whitewind targeting mod, or any other mod that requires bepinex to extract junk... The only instructions I've ever seen are "have bepin and memoria, fiddle with bepin config file to force game to extract data files, change files you want, restart game"

doing those steps cause the game to open, but trying to start a new game leads to an eternal black screen and loading a game causes "now loading" to flash forever. resetting files to their original values keeps the game broken.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 7, 2023

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

You're going to have a bad time in the final dungeon.

the final dungeon doesn't give exp, so no need to worry, hit da bricks without fear of being underleveled.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Sadly since I haven't gotten any further in getting the mods for PR working right I'm probably done with festing this year unless I choose to restart with GBA.

However that isn't stopping me from shitposting.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

One note though. PR doesn't play as nice with chemist. So that Succubus kiss or other really nice enemy targeting mixes can miss. If you're on GBA or earlier that's fine. If you're on PR you might want to reconsider starting again if you want to triplecrown or anything.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

They probably did legit think people would grind higher levels so you could master every job on everyone.
Also consider that the original version of NED had dummy targets to prevent or at least reduce the effectiveness of Rapid Fire, the idea that you'd need to survive Wizard Bone's Spells, Vacuum Wave and Almagest all in rapid succession the game sort of did tacitly tell you you needed maybe 3000 HP per person to survive the opening rounds of the fight, plus when things got horrible Almagest AND Meteors would mean maybe 4000 per turn if meteors were evenly distributed.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Did RK ever release the yearly infographic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Do not perceive RK's main twitter, and for that matter 99% of the things he makes gilgabot say since he knows that's a bigger signal boost to his crimes.