Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
ORANGE VS AUSSIE 29 40.28%
HOB VS TEAM ROH 10 13.89%
FROST VS TAYA 3 4.17%
STRONG VS GARCIA 8 11.11%
BCC VS LUCHA BROS 22 30.56%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Return to the Huka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxhFq5b-Pe8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gavok posted:

Every FTW champion has appeared in AEW now.

Tony over here connecting NXT guys and FTW champions lol

e: also thread title should be BUCKLE YOUR GODDAMN SEATBELTS

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 25, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

A shocking reasonable and fact-based comment.

Also Sabu owns. I saw him in an indie in Las Vegas where he wrestled Cactus Jack in a steel cage. I had only seen them fight in the magazines so it was a dream come true.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

post hole digger posted:

Old wrinkled rear end 5’3” sabu in a tiny white suit in 2023 lmfaooo

Adam Cole was looking real tall tonight bay bay

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

he's six years younger than Sting!

Wow it’s wild he is younger than 60 lol

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Was hoping the thread title would be “Damnit Wheeler”. Bryan and the BCC are so good.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/gabu_moon/status/1661553614899249156?t=OmJBEXPMZLSnFgNe9fvj4g&s=19

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Good job bald man

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

You know dude, what AEW needs is a little veteran leadership. It’s time to bring my Hulkaroos and Hulkayoos to Wednesday Night Dynamite brother.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Roasted Donut posted:

gently caress all that other poo poo its Sabu

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

post hole digger posted:

Old wrinkled rear end 5’3” sabu in a tiny white suit in 2023 lmfaooo

seriously why did he look so tiny

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Did you ever think that instead of getting beat up by Brock Lesnar every week…if Cody stuck around, Collision could have been the 2 hour Codyverse show we always needed

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Sa....bu?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

this triggering my old head status as Claudio was doing this as Cesaro with Tyson Kidd and even before that it was a trademark with Chris Hero in the Kings of Wrestling

Miu was six when they were doing this!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the tapings are still going im still here

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Roasted Donut posted:

gently caress all that other poo poo its Sabu

https://youtu.be/c6MCjp4FyME

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I popped for Wee Sabu

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
weird to bring sabu in with a suit, he'd have looked way more badass if we could see his scars

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I still marked out for suit and lanyard Sabu.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm begging them to stop the tapings. they're laughing and kicking my rear end

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

They are taping a second rampage

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hogan is incredibly talented at saying absolutely nothing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh no I hope Tony's got enough cash to pay all the fans back for their tickets when Phil no shows the United Center :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SABU WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
"I know that guy" -Taz

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

A wedding means you have more than one on the horizon so you should probably skip that one because polygamy is illegal.
JUNGLE BOY is a priest. this is canon now

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kennel posted:

"I know that guy" -Taz

I loved Taz going "oh no" after hearing each word of the the homicidal, suicidal spiel, like he was hearing Beetlejuice being summoned

Taz is like the best color guy in the biz by far and I'm just going to say that's all sports, real ones like wrassling and those fake ones

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

I loved Taz going "oh no" after hearing each word of the the homicidal, suicidal spiel, like he was hearing Beetlejuice being summoned

Yeah that was fantastic

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

jesus WEP posted:

speaking of I can't get over the weird Vaseline lens focus early 90s psa vibe of the jungle boy promo, like if it was muted it definitely would have looked like it was an ad against drunk driving with a tiger beat heartthrob

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Not the most spectacular show from a wrestling standpoint (though the opener and main were both terrific), but drat that was a good sell job for the PPV

Also:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1661528379030646784

gently caress yeah, OI OI OI

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tony call the audible and replace Triple J with Aussie Open in the tag title match

Yes I know Dunk's injured it's still an improvement

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/YukaSakazaki/status/1661616953671446530

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Mods asleep, post tiny Sabu

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Majinfoose posted:

Mods asleep, post tiny Sabu

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Taz on commentary when Cole was summoning Sabu was amazing. Tabu actually walking properly and throwing a chair like it's 1996 to Daddy Magic was just :discourse:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

At first I thought Adam Cole was going to bring in Homicide, but then he dropped the "-al" and I leapt off my loving couch. This owns so much. What a completely stupid left field debut. Hilarious and cool. Shout-outs to Tony Khan just having exactly my taste in legend spots.

Also yeah that Fletcher/OC match was insane. Today was my first week using Fite and AEW+ so getting to see OC roll around the ring ad-free was extremely funny. Super happy that Aussie Open are all elite. Now give the title to RUSH at the PPV.

Already buzzing about how fun Double or Nothing will be. Stoked doesn't begin to cover it.

BGrifter posted:

You know dude, what AEW needs is a little veteran leadership. It’s time to bring my Hulkaroos and Hulkayoos to Wednesday Night Dynamite brother.

Maybe Adam Cole could be a star if he ate the yabba spinach brother

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

JEEZUS

smarxist posted:

Taz is like the best color guy in the biz by far and I'm just going to say that's all sports, real ones like wrassling and those fake ones

Taz doing a Deadlock bit lmao. He must like their orange aesthetic :v:

Finally, does anyone else think this four pillars push has hurt Jungle Boy? His promos and maybe some of the booking has put him in a go-away heat type of spot with me at least.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Sabu Fight Forever DLC when?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Still reeling from the Sabu appearance omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Dango Bango posted:

Finally, does anyone else think this four pillars push has hurt Jungle Boy? His promos and maybe some of the booking has put him in a go-away heat type of spot with me at least.

Not for me, I think it's exposed some of his weaknesses and things he needs to work on, but it's been fun watching him develop as a character post-Christian feud of a guy that has a dark side he chooses to fight to remain true to his morals. He's good-looking, too, and once the actual match happens no doubt he'll show out. But he should probably be a lower-card singles champ before touching the world title and get some more feuds under his belt to help with his presence.