Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

im gonna buy a squat rack and bar and bench and lunk in peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

im gonna buy a squat rack and bar and bench and lunk in peace

Gotta clean out ya drat basement first you clown!!!

But do it and I'll lunk with you

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

Gotta clean out ya drat basement first you clown!!!

But do it and I'll lunk with you

i know :negative:

but hell yeah let's start a lunking crew

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i know :negative:

but hell yeah let's start a lunking crew

If you serious about getting a rack and weights I have an adjustable bench you can have. It's kinda poo poo but it'd do the trick in the beginning. Also I'd help you with that cleaning job

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

thot lunks in the basement

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

when two home gym crew members meet they flash tha sign 🤙

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Every day I slap open the feedback thread and bench press the haters

The mods keep sounding the lunk alarm on the lads and laddies

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I enjoyed PF circuit training, but I quickly approached the weight limit on some of their machines pretty drat fast.

My closest location only had 2-3 squat racks and hell if I'm gonna fight over them or wait.

Home gym crew baby.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Need a squat rack so bad :negative:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Nooner posted:

Need a squat rack so bad :negative:

this.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I do weighted squats with 2lb wrist and ankle bands in my basement squat rack :grin:

Not an alarm in sight

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

I do weighted squats with 2lb wrist and ankle bands in my basement squat rack :grin:

Not an alarm in sight

might wanna go up on those weights, Mad Cats are omnimechs and only the best of the best clan warriors are assigned to them

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

might wanna go up on those weights, Mad Cats are omnimechs and only the best of the best clan warriors are assigned to them

Sir this is a judgement free zone

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:nono:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I enjoyed PF circuit training, but I quickly approached the weight limit on some of their machines pretty drat fast.

My closest location only had 2-3 squat racks and hell if I'm gonna fight over them or wait.

Home gym crew baby.

lol pf doesn’t have squat racks lunk pass DENIED

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Saalkin posted:

This morning some loving clown was putting his phone, waterbottle and hoodie on a machine then he'd go use a different one. gently caress off with this poo poo it's busy if you aren't actively at the machine you don't get to save it. gently caress you.

Next time complain to management (discretely so the Lunk doesn't beat on you).

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Chief McHeath posted:

lol pf doesn’t have squat racks lunk pass DENIED
I clarify then, they had bars on rails in a rack, people used them for smith machine bench and smith machine squat.

I haven't been in a planet fitness for like 7 years because they are garbage, but it helped my wife for a bit until we moved.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That’s it. You’ve lunked for the last time, motherfucker.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Forgive me lunkers for I have sinned.

I have only gone to the gym once this week so far. I am gonna try and hit it 3 times but it's a far cry from the 6 days I was hitting before getting depressed and being a baby bitch.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I clarify then, they had bars on rails in a rack, people used them for smith machine bench and smith machine squat.

I haven't been in a planet fitness for like 7 years because they are garbage, but it helped my wife for a bit until we moved.

that’s good. planet fitness is fine, actually and they don’t pretend to be anything they arent

but it ain’t the place for a major lunkhead like me chasing gains and hooked on da pump

get back to lunking Saalkin that’s an ordert

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

put me on the beta alanine drip, doc, i need it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Chief McHeath posted:

that’s good. planet fitness is fine, actually and they don’t pretend to be anything they arent

but it ain’t the place for a major lunkhead like me chasing gains and hooked on da pump

If you told YLLS that your gym doesn't allow deadlifts (or OHPs :wtf:), their advice would be to go find a different gym. And they'd be right.

It's not entirely uncommon for gyms to ban deadlifts for liability reasons (because people get injured a lot on them), but if you have any choice at all in what gym you go to then it's better to go to one that at least allows deadlifts than one that doesn't, even if you're never actually gonna do them. It'll more than likely have better facilities and a better-trained staff than a place like Planet Fitness.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I can't deadlift any more. It's not worth throwing my back out for it. Which sucks because I love doing some sumos and feeling like a big monster man that is scarin the hoes at my gym.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
The Lunk would be a good enemy.

7 foot 8.

Built of steel.

Hanging out at the

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I guess gyms can ban out of shape sweaty losers if they want to then huh? Only let the studs in. Like the opposite of planet shitness. Put up a big sign that says "no dweebs". Cant do nothin about it. :dukedog:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Overdog posted:

I guess gyms can ban out of shape sweaty losers if they want to then huh? Only let the studs in. Like the opposite of planet shitness. Put up a big sign that says "no dweebs". Cant do nothin about it. :dukedog:

:siren:

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hey when you wanna come over and lift with the big boys, come on over to Lunky Steez. Grunts, farts, muscle shirts, bicep veins, those little velcro gloves, ALL WELCOME HERE. :dukedog:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Overdog posted:

Hey when you wanna come over and lift with the big boys, come on over to Lunky Steez. Grunts, farts, muscle shirts, bicep veins, those little velcro gloves, ALL WELCOME HERE. :dukedog:

What's your drinking vessel policy?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Overdog posted:

:nono:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Overdog posted:

Is all that just welcome, or is it mandatory as well? This is very important.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

what’s the consensus fellow lunkheads which gamer preworkout is best

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Gdamn who the gently caress is the moron buying pac man pre workout when you could be buying the Goku one like lmbo yeah pac man that's who I wanna get swole like

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

Gdamn who the gently caress is the moron buying pac man pre workout when you could be buying the Goku one like lmbo yeah pac man that's who I wanna get swole like

Pacman is my fitness idol actually
I'm feeling quite judged at the moment

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

classic lunker behaviour to mock a big beautiful round body

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Chief McHeath posted:

what’s the consensus fellow lunkheads which gamer preworkout is best

Is the Sonic flavor supposed to taste like those peach ring gummies? Cuz that actually sounds tasty as hell.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i like to imagine all of the little pellets pacman eats are eggs

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i looked up the nutrition label for those, unfortunately i don't believe such a small dose of l-citrulline will result in anything remotely approaching Saiyan-level pumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

i like to imagine all of the little pellets pacman eats are eggs

It's how he stays so fit