Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The jaw is one of the most powerful muscles in the body and Pac-Man is all jaw, it’s simple biology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 21, 2023
planet fitness is a mirage

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

72123 posted:

planet fitness is a mirage

Wait my man regged just to post in the pfitness thread

Lol

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
wanna munch on sonic the hedgehog's peach ring

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm not buying any Sonic-branded supplements until he stops skipping leg day.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://twitter.com/betterme/status/1659185903800131585?s=61&t=2_0g7uj-8jmKm4C6BGVImw

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Headless horseman falling on rough times

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Asian friend
"noodles"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm the 35-45 guy with 4 giant circus boobs coming out of my stomach

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm the 35-45 guy with 4 giant circus boobs coming out of my stomach

Were you a stunt double in Total Recall?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

tiaz posted:

Asian friend
"noodles"

i wonder how they got that name

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

tiaz posted:

Asian friend
"noodles"

Where's goon belly or is it too big for the infographic

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Jelly posted:

Headless horseman falling on rough times

Or great times. He's clearly not wanting for anything.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bad Purchase posted:

i like to imagine all of the little pellets pacman eats are eggs

If you can think of a better way to become roughly the size of a barge I'd like to hear it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

how about eating a barge

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I went to Planet Fitness today without my headphones and lasted about 12 minutes before I had to leave and just did pull ups at home. The TVs are bad enough. Why torture your customers with 311?

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
So just how much of a pain in the rear end is it to cancel a PF contract, really? People make it sound like the cancellation rules are like calvinball or something.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
It's not hard. You just have to do it on the computer I think. People get mad cuz they go up to the kids at the front desk to cancel and that kid will say "u gotta do it on the computer" and then the person will say "this is unbelievable". But i've cancelled and rejoined a few times and it's nothing like dealing with a cable company or anything.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

gotta take care of your planet fitness guy, build a relationship

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Why would anyone cancel

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Why would anyone cancel

deciding to set down the path of lunkhood

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Lifting it up and putting it down is my motto

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
what goes down, must come up

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I imagine PF also has you sign up for things like an annual term where you are billed monthly but obligated to pay for a year. People sign up because it's a lower price then later try to cancel and get hosed with fees.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

What a twist! The CEO was secretly a lunk!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/planet-fitness-shares-sink-after-board-ousts-ceo-in-shocking-move/ar-AA1gM73C

Don't worry they have a great replacement

quote:

Craig Benson, the former governor of New Hampshire and a member of the company's board, will serve as the interim CEO. He's a franchisee of both Planet Fitness and Dunkin' Donuts and has been on Planet's board for six years.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

They should start making combination Planet Fitness/Dunkin Doughnuts like how they have pizza hut/taco bells.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the fox was guarding the henhouse

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Prototype of some of the new equipment the new CEO wants to bring in

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I know this incredible lady who travels around the country in a super van, showering in Planet Fitnesses.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Forgot to retract the scapula and hyper extended doing dumbbell presses the other day so taking a few days off getting my pump on. Still slow rolling past the PF every day with my trunk open blasting Death Grips to let them know they're not free of me.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

sunday lunk sesh much?

good chill day to catch a pump bro, light crowd means you can take your time. focus on those quality contractions, good full stretch in the muscle feel that activation know what I mean bro

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

https://www.reuters.com/breakingviews/planet-fitness-races-against-rate-hikes-2023-09-18/

Uh oh Planet Fitness in a tough spot after the CEO departed Sounding lunk alarms everywhere and dropping shares to their lowest yet.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Chief McHeath posted:

sunday lunk sesh much?

good chill day to catch a pump bro, light crowd means you can take your time. focus on those quality contractions, good full stretch in the muscle feel that activation know what I mean bro

Sunday arvo and Monday evening are the best days to lunk out. No filthy casuals doing reverse forearm curls in the squat rack.

Friday evening is also good. Aussie culture is definitely a "Friday afternoon into the night beers" culture. Working out on a Friday is like a total swing in the opposite direction and the gym is super quiet.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

hey op I hope you got to cancel your subscription.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they ought to honor all cancellations, no questions asked, now that it turns out the ceo was a secret lunk

it’s the least they could do

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bad Purchase posted:

they ought to honor all cancellations, no questions asked, now that it turns out the ceo was a secret lunk

it’s the least they could do

It is kind of triggering how difficult it actually is to cancel a membership here you either need to walk into the loving place in person which is just annoying or you need to send a letter. I mean I had to utilize God drat centuries old methods of communication to cancel my membership. I mean they might as well require you to use a typewriter or some form of telegraph.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I Lunked Today! :dukedog:

I tied my PR weight on deadlifts and did 3 more reps on my longest set, which is also 3 more reps total than my last time lifting that weight. :toot:

Also I'm on Week 10 of a Stronger By Science Reps to Failure program, and if my leg presses keep progressing the way they've been doing every week so far, then I'm gonna be loading just over 920 lbs* on my machine come Week 20! If so then I may have to do leg presses at a different gym that week, since the leg press machine at my gym only holds a max load of 900 lbs. :siren: LUNK PROBLEMS :siren:

* (It's a 45° machine, so I'm actually only lifting slightly over 70% of this weight, but still that's a lotta fuckin' weight!)

Internet Old One posted:

They should start making combination Planet Fitness/Dunkin Doughnuts like how they have pizza hut/taco bells.

Unfortunately this is a billion-dollar idea and very likely to happen in the near future.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I got it mixed up and now I wanna see Pizza Planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I. M. Gei posted:

I Lunked Today! :dukedog:

I tied my PR weight on deadlifts and did 3 more reps on my longest set, which is also 3 more reps total than my last time lifting that weight. :toot:

Also I'm on Week 10 of a Stronger By Science Reps to Failure program, and if my leg presses keep progressing the way they've been doing every week so far, then I'm gonna be loading just over 920 lbs* on my machine come Week 20! If so then I may have to do leg presses at a different gym that week, since the leg press machine at my gym only holds a max load of 900 lbs. :siren: LUNK PROBLEMS :siren:

* (It's a 45° machine, so I'm actually only lifting slightly over 70% of this weight, but still that's a lotta fuckin' weight!)

Unfortunately this is a billion-dollar idea and very likely to happen in the near future.

Reported for lunking