Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

the gallon jug thing is just such a bizarrely specific and harmless thing to zero in on. Very petty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I was at planet fitness taking a rock hard poo poo and started grunting and screaming and the lunk alarm went off it was humiliating

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Gallon jugs are a great workout. Just get two and fill em with water or piss etc and lift to your heart’s content. There I just saved you :10bux: a month.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Wait what. They actually have a thing like that? Wtf

I don't go to gyms, I can work out at home without being exposed to other humans, but drat now I'm double not going to

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Gallon jugs are a great workout. Just get two and fill em with water or piss etc and lift to your heart’s content. There I just saved you :10bux: a month.

this rings true because if you can piss enough to fill two gallon jugs in a short period of time you're losing a ton of water weight

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

also if you're pissing that much you're probably spilling ketones like a motherfucker so see a doctor

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
drink the piss to maintain hydration levels. a little work out "hack" for you all

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I wanna find a new gym cuz my 24 hour fitness is turning into a piece of poo poo. the only bar jack just up and vanished and the staff just shrugs and is like "maybe someone stole it" so I'm rolling a loaded bar onto a 5 pounder to add or remove plates for a deadlift which sucks

plus tons of gear is just completely broken and doesn't get fixed for weeks

anyway that's the real reason I'm out of shape

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

LordArgh posted:

drink the piss to maintain hydration levels. a little work out "hack" for you all

Convenient and environmentally responsible :hai:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Do u guys remember that Methanar post where he said he got banned from Planet Fitness for asking girls to not wipe down the machines after being told to stop?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

kntfkr posted:

Do u guys remember that Methanar post where he said he got banned from Planet Fitness for asking girls to not wipe down the machines after being told to stop?

fuckin lol

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

kntfkr posted:

Jfc lol why would even give that a second chamce

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Outrail posted:

Jfc lol why would even give that a second chamce

He put his weights down very gently

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

kntfkr posted:

Gross. Just sniff the seats on the machines after they leave! Bing bong so simple

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Jillian poo poo posted:

I slammed a dumbell directly onto my foot and screamed like a bear getting its cock torn off

Get a load of this fuckin :siren:lunk:siren:

E: anybody ever try to cancel a PF membership lmao it's the most tedious god damned thing

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

kntfkr posted:

Lmao, you can't just post something like this and not include the link to the post. Don't be cruel to us

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I load the donuts onto the smith machine barbell and row them upwards into my mouth

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

can we rename the lepers colony to the lunkers colony please?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm glad Methanar got banned.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I second this motion and so does Smugworth

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

kntfkr posted:

lmao

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Chief McHeath posted:

The idea is to have a facility for people that otherwise would be too fearful to even start a fitness routine to feel comfortable and welcomed so that’s what they do and I’m okay with that. It’s fine.

This reminds me a little of if a health-food restaurant discouraged fit people from being patrons because they order less and are intimidating to people just starting a diet. Or a driving range booted you after too many long distance shots, because it's aimed at amateurs.

I mean that would be fine but silly and I'd be embarrassed to go seek them out due to my own insecurities.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 26, 2023

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bright Bart posted:

This reminds me a little of if a health-food restaurant discouraged fit people from being patrons because they order less and are intimidating to people just starting a diet. Or a driving range booted you after too many long distance shots, because it's aimed at amateur.

I mean that would be fine but silly and I'd be embarrassed to go seek them out due to my own insecurities.

nah it's like a normal rear end gym in there hth

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Will I get ringworm in the showers

2ndacct52423
May 25, 2023
thank god for the civil rights act. take them to court, send them to jail and become a millionaire

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I lift things up

and put them down

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Private Cumshoe posted:

Will I get ringworm in the showers

Outside the showers too. If you believe in the concept of personal hygiene any gym below $50.is not for you

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Getting banned for having water is pretty lame.

Internet Old One posted:

What do bodybuilders need that doesn’t exist at Planet Fitness? Steroids? I kid but I’m genuinely curious since you seem to be a trainer.
PF doesn't have barbells or a bunch of other free weight stuff.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I'm going to open a gym where the weights have fake numbers like 5 lbs says 7.5, 7.5 says 12.5, etc. etc. So no matter where you start you both think you're stronger at my gym than any other and believe you're making insane gains.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

STABASS posted:

I lift things up

and put them down

Do you pick them up again?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Internet Old One posted:

What do bodybuilders need that doesn’t exist at Planet Fitness? Steroids? I kid but I’m genuinely curious since you seem to be a trainer.

Once you are past the early beginner stage in lifting, dumbbells and barbells are the most important and most used equipment and some gyms intentionally keep the number of this equipment available down to not attract too many lifters. A climbing wall or a "rope training area" is unused 99.9% of the time and attracts a lot of people who sign up for a year and show up like one or two time in January. A huge free weight section on the other hand attracts a shitton of people showing up 3-7 time each week and wear down the equipment and create work for the employees.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bright Bart posted:

I'm going to open a gym where the weights have fake numbers like 5 lbs says 7.5, 7.5 says 12.5, etc. etc. So no matter where you start you both think you're stronger at my gym than any other and believe you're making insane gains.

im gonna sneak a small scale into your gym and expose you by making a viral tiktok about it. which will catapult me to influencer fame and fortune

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

The Bible posted:

No, Planet Fitness provides the pizza. Tootsie Rolls, too.

Do they provide salads, or fruit and vegetables as well?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Internetjack posted:

Oh my no

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Internetjack posted:

*Hits the lunk alarm*

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

:lol:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

*Hits the lunk alarm*

change the report button to the lunk alarm also. thank u admins in advance for these changes

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Elon Musk said he was going to have people on Planet Fitness within ten years... FIFTEEN years ago. This loving guy...

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
let that lunk in 🤣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
live laugh lunk