Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

If you enjoy it you're dumb and/or you suck. Football you're lucky boxing exists.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
dumbest sport for comedians and Sam Hyde who did it again

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why do they call it boxing if at no point boxes are involved?!? Call it fisting

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
OP never played ready 2 rumble round 2 where you can play as Michael Jackson and beat up Bill Clinton

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

EorayMel posted:

OP never played ready 2 rumble round 2 where you can play as Michael Jackson and beat up Bill Clinton

A video game of a sport is not in fact the same thing as the sport. I know that's a shocking revelation but I'm here for you if you need me.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

It’s the sweet science op

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Love to worship violence

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Norm from Cheers joined ISIS

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
never even tried them??

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:hai: :hai: :hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUs-ITmi_u4

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Popular sport dumb

Groundbreaking journalism right here

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

just add this to the pile of poo poo rear end threads by Duck and Cover

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

A video game of a sport is not in fact the same thing as the sport. I know that's a shocking revelation but I'm here for you if you need me.

this isn't true I played a ton of California Games on the NES growing up and the first time I surfed for real I was great at it

Maybe you should stop making threads, Duck and Cover, if you're just going to be wrong about everything!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

played a lot of Airwolf on the NES too and while I haven't gotten my hands on an experimental helicopter yet everybody better watch out when I do

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Saalkin posted:

just add this to the pile of poo poo rear end threads by Duck and Cover

Oh look a boxing athlete. At least you're still capable of shitposting!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i like boxing op. they call it pugilism. or sometimes "the sweet science"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The very first fight I remember watching on HBO with my dad was Mike Tyson just absolutely annihilating Spinks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T02RhdpGWgw

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
:thanks:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

If you enjoy it your dumb and/or you suck. Football you're lucky boxing exists.

fight me

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

haljordan posted:

The very first fight I remember watching on HBO with my dad was Mike Tyson just absolutely annihilating Spinks

I wonder if the boxers get life time brain damage or/and other injuries from all that being punched. Eh probably not.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
watched rocky I recently, as well as rocky II, prolly gonna watch III today with my friends, who have better taste than you, op

gently caress you, op

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Code Jockey posted:

watched rocky I recently, as well as rocky II, prolly gonna watch III today with my friends, who have better taste than you, op

gently caress you, op

Sylvester Stallone was basically homeless and even had to sell his dog at one point trying to get that movie made. Studios offered him absolutely insane amounts of money for the screenplay if they could cast Burt Reynolds or James Caan as Rocky but Stallone flat-out refused and demanded to play the part himself.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

haljordan posted:

Stallone was basically homeless and even had to sell his dog at one point trying to get that movie made. Studios offered him absolutely insane amounts of money for the screenplay if they could cast Burt Reynolds or James Caan as Rocky but Stallone flat-out refused.

interesting, seems even pretending to box gives your brain damage ??

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

interesting, seems even pretending to box gives your brain damage ??

Yeah that move def didn't pan out at all for Sly, I think he cleans pools now

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

haljordan posted:

Yeah that move def didn't pan out at all for Sly, I think he cleans pools now

if they were actually offering him insane amounts of money he could have just had his life pan out and be rich immediately (with his dog) instead of waiting

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

gently caress you, op

I am so sorry did your copy of Demolition Man get deleted? Scratch on the Judge Dredd blu-ray?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

if they were actually offering him insane amounts of money he could have just had his life pan out and be rich immediately (with his dog) instead of waiting

He was offered $350,000 back in 1976 (which again, is a crazy amount of money) but they would have just taken his script and dumped him. Who knows where he would've ended up.

For context, the budget of the entire movie was about $1 million.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 29, 2023

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

OctaMurk posted:

They offered him about a quarter of a million dollars. That would be about $1.4 million with inflation.

Stallone made over 25 million dollars on the film with it pulling over 200 million dollars in the box office.

Then he went on to make a bunch of sequels that had similar success.

What an idiot.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
If it's so dumb why do they call it sweet science. Checkmate lib

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Jelly posted:

They offered him about a quarter of a million dollars. That would be about $1.4 million with inflation.

Stallone made over 25 million dollars on the film with it pulling over 200 million dollars in the box office.

Then he went on to make a bunch of sequels that had similar success.

What an idiot.

What a loving idiot not investing in bitcoin!

Nooner posted:

If it's so dumb why do they call it sweet science. Checkmate lib

You want me to explain why dumb people do dumb things? Well I suppose it's because they're dumb.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Multiple youtube stars have mastered the sport of boxing. One even beat Floyd Mayweather, who used to be one of the best boxers to ever live (before the youtuber star beat him ofc)

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I'm pretty sure punching people in the face is illegal so I don't know what this 'boxing' poo poo is. Seems like the police would just break that up.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

haljordan posted:

Wow, is that the rich guy from Home Alone 2 in there? Guy loved his cameos, uh.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Say it to a boxers face, dumbass. You are lucky that most gyms will ban members who start street fights.

You punch like you take it up the rear end, OP.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Here is another good as hell fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx5LFrAnOJ0

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Duck and Cover posted:

I am so sorry did your copy of Demolition Man get deleted? Scratch on the Judge Dredd blu-ray?

no they're both okay thank you for asking though

I dunno I like seeing the man punch meat lol I don't recall him doing this in other movies

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Watching Ali contract Parkinson's from Smokin Joe in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Carlos Lantana posted:

Watching Ali contract Parkinson's from Smokin Joe in real time.

If you really want to hate yourself, watch the Ali/Holmes bout from 1980. Even the commentators talked about how hosed up the fight was, during the actual fight.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 29, 2023