Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

that was a mirror

ahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

discovered an ew one while working today

universe = ai * e

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

they're just numbers

just numbers! just numbers?!!! was playdoh just a philosopher? was einstein just a thinker? good lord.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
*me, some out of touch confused person * a duh jeff gordon just drives cars??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

just numbers! just numbers?!!! was playdoh just a philosopher? was einstein just a thinker? good lord.

rotor meant in the haskell maybe monad sense. just numbers means they’re real, as opposed to nothing of type numbers

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

psh whatever

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

is tom clancy just a writer????

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!

President Beep posted:

is tom clancy just a writer????

not anymore

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Wrap it up, Gödelailures:

quote:

Mojżesz Presburger proved Presburger arithmetic to be:

• consistent: There is no statement in Presburger arithmetic which can be deduced from the axioms such that its negation can also be deduced.
  • complete: For each statement in the language of Presburger arithmetic, either it is possible to deduce it from the axioms or it is possible to deduce its negation.
  • decidable: There exists an algorithm which decides whether any given statement in Presburger arithmetic is a theorem or a nontheorem.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

tired: smash burgers
wired: presburger

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Doom Mathematic posted:

Wrap it up, Gödelailures:

clown arithmetic perfect for you to show off at the circus

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
poo poo aint even got multiplication ffs

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

that "Im a bitch, cant burg" video but its about multiplication

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

fart simpson posted:

by including ai in the equation, it symbolizes the increasing role of artificial intelligence in shaping and transforming our future. this equation highlights the potential for AI to unlock new forms of energy, enhance scientific discoveries, and revolutionize various fieds such as healthcare, transportation, and technology.

i loving love science!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
pythagoras thought numbers were real and i'd say he probably knows a bit more about numbers than anyone here. so that's probably the safe bet

though just to be clear i mean real as in exists not real as in real numbers. dude didn't like those. he'd probably stab you if you brought those up

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the ancient greeks get way too much credit for many things, but learning just enough about real numbers to entirely nope out of dealing with them was a smooth move

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
where are numbers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
inside your head, echi

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

inside your heart, echi

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the idea of quantity seems so natural to me, it must be real. that said I think it’s funny when people first came up with the idea of zero and it freaked people out. also worth noting that the concept of negative numbers did not exist until people needed to keep track of debt. like getting in trouble, negative numbers are actually a fake idea

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

President Beep posted:

inside your heart, echi

oh no, not there. that's very bad. you don't want numbers in there

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

its ok to love numbers

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
There are radio stations that exist entirely to serve numbers to people. Very considerate.

Unrelatedly, https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/llm

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

inside your head, echi

fucken bullshit mate you know as well as I do there’s not a god drat thing inside this head

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's like vacuum energy, popping in and out of existence in your head

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

in which dimension do numbers exist

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pro tip : they don't

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

git apologist posted:

all of them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bullshit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imagine believing such garbage

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

git apologist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ruHbUGImQ

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this dude explains octagons??? I already know what octagons are . i ain’t clicking on no video that explains what an octagon is

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

hes talking about october, and what they dont want you to know about it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
october? the eighth month? what else could there be to know?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

echinopsis posted:

october? the eighth month? what else could there be to know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiOXY1fuv4k

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i enjoyed this

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P2ROAbQZYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShmAQnrkYk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogSj57JSn1U

this used to be all one video but it got removed and somebody decided to re upload it in 3 parts???

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

echinopsis posted:

where are numbers

theyre not real just like gravity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

echinopsis posted:

where are numbers

on the number llne, duh