Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faith For Two
Aug 27, 2015
Problem description: If I have two monitors plugged in, rhythmic video stuttering occurs on both monitors. If I have one monitor plugged, the stuttering goes away. It doesn't matter what monitor is plugged in as long as it's 1, there is no stuttering. This stuttering appears without running any games. It appears just using windows desktop. A stutter happens about every half second. If I have a VR headset plugged in, I can have a monitor and the VR headset without stuttering. Again, stuttering only occurs with two monitors.

Attempted fixes: Swapping out the monitor that is plugged in, used Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to do a fresh driver install. I also sent the card through an RMA process with MSI. I got the card back and there was no change in behavior.

Recent changes: Upgraded from NVIDIA 1060 6gb to 3060 ti, purchased new from Amazon. The older videocard still works perfectly.

Have you made any changes to your system/configuration recently that might have caused the problem?: No.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

System specs:
Motherboard Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Motherboard Model: X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI
SMBIOS Version: 3.3
Embedded Controller Version: 255.255
BIOS Mode: Legacy

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 3793 Mhz, 12 Cores, 24 Logical Processors

GPU: MSI Ventus 3X Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS PLUS 850 Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd try different monitor cables and power cables and see if that makes any difference.

If that doesn't help I'd make sure W10 is fully updated and that you're using the latest motherboard BIOS.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Are you plugging both in to your video card or is one plugged into your motherboard?