Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Just FYI, everything in the post is correct, but I botched the example at the very end. My mistake is now un-editable. I am eternally ashamed.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Dysgenesis posted:

Sorc is pronounced source.

I have an aunt named Barb

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

giv me some more world bosses ty

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Looke posted:

giv me some more world bosses ty

Yeah, it needs to be more of an MMO.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

kinda crazy how the game is out today when you think about it

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Pre-ordered but it's Pride so I do what I want.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://twitter.com/Diablo_FR/status/1664201808829460480

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If you are on mobile there's a 95% chance you thought them was balls

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

If you are on mobile there's a 95% chance you thought them was balls

Milk is stored in the balls

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

boredsatellite posted:

How did this feel to play with a controller btw. Might bring out my Xbox controller lying around

Mostly very good, to the point where I'm playing my full game on the Xbox Series X. Controller was already IMO the superior way to play Diablo 3 after they did the console versions, and this is an evolution of that.

The caveat to that is that the game doesn't do an amazing job of implementing XInput on Windows. I had some issues where the game detected that a controller was connected, because pushing buttons on the controller switched the UI to the controller layout, but the inputs weren't actually recognized. I submitted a fairly thorough bug report on the issue during the review process, so hopefully it gets fixed by launch.

Just having one XInput controller connected was fine (Bluetooth or wired), but it seems that for instance having a wired controller plugged in, connecting a wireless controller, and then unplugging the wired controller crapped things up even if you did all of this before launching the game. And so did connecting a wireless controller, having it disconnect or turn off, and then turning it back on.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 1, 2023

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

My 4 month old woke me up at 10, 11, 11:30, 11:45, 12:15, 5, 5:15, 5:45 last night. My hardcore druid will probably die from my sleep deprived rear end or from panic trying to TP when munchkin wakes up tonight. Wish me luck!!

Two tips I gots for ya: first, don't sleep on IAS on your gloves and legendaries. I'm pretty sure it's one of the top affixes for DPS, and I hope some of the turbo nerds look into it soon. It's been ignored.

Second, grouping is OP. You can divide and conquer and get dungeon credit when not present, and you can power level your friends. If anything should cause a HC race uproar, it's this.
https://youtu.be/BIYrC5e9eg4

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

You all need a day dedicated to torturing cows to get nutrients found in leafy greens?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hashy posted:

You all need a day dedicated to torturing cows to get nutrients found in leafy greens?

I saw how people are milked from Jordan Peterson so it's either us or them

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

George H.W. oval office posted:

The thread! It's wobbling towards weird!

Only I, a bephalim, can save it.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

BrianBoitano posted:

My 4 month old woke me up at 10, 11, 11:30, 11:45, 12:15, 5, 5:15, 5:45 last night. My hardcore druid will probably die from my sleep deprived rear end or from panic trying to TP when munchkin wakes up tonight. Wish me luck!!

Two tips I gots for ya: first, don't sleep on IAS on your gloves and legendaries. I'm pretty sure it's one of the top affixes for DPS, and I hope some of the turbo nerds look into it soon. It's been ignored.

Second, grouping is OP. You can divide and conquer and get dungeon credit when not present, and you can power level your friends. If anything should cause a HC race uproar, it's this.
https://youtu.be/BIYrC5e9eg4

Aaahh the early years with small children and trying to game, I remember them well! Hang in there, eventually you might get two 3-hour sleeps per night, if you're lucky, in a couple of years ;)

One thing about IAS is that some skills have an innate bonus to attack speed which you should consider when picking skills! For example Chain Lightning does not have any innate bonuses whereas Ice Shards get a 1.25 multiplier just like that! Also some skills are instant and some have a cast timer - lots of testing needed to know the impact of IAS on specific builds and skill rotations!

Very pumped for tonight, it'll be 1 AM here when it launches and I probably won't get to play due to server issues before I pass out but I'll still be there :)

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

George H.W. oval office posted:

Caidin posted:

Milk is stored in the balls

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Why would I torture cows when I can torture chickens?

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Very curious to see if they were able to fix the performance issues during open beta.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I think we have enough people who will be around at launch to have a good list of options to cover everyone who wants an invite to the Goon Guild.

Info for Guild invite:

- Not making the guild public.

- Name: Goon Squad <GOON>

Initial List of people who you can whisper for invites starting on early access launch:

Solomon#1509
Robomonke#1881
stringless#11492
iii#12957
Delpino#1188
Sulal#1715
Mojo#21911
juicydump#1937
Waroduce#1699
Blaquetooth#1981
LambBear#1602

That should ensure that there is basically always someone on to ask for an invite, even if you are in a gross foreign time zone or play during standard work hours because you are not a productive member of society.

See all you Goons in about 10 hours!

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I dont know if this make much sense but I thought it about it waking up

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BrianBoitano posted:

lol if you didn't plan your child's birth around the D4 release

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna log in and play this game right at 7pm and it's gonna be good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I think we have enough people who will be around at launch to have a good list of options to cover everyone who wants an invite to the Goon Guild.

Info for Guild invite:

- Not making the guild public.

- Name: Goon Squad <GOON>

Initial List of people who you can whisper for invites starting on early access launch:

Solomon#1509
Robomonke#1881
stringless#11492
iii#12957
Delpino#1188
Sulal#1715
Mojo#21911
juicydump#1937
Waroduce#1699
Blaquetooth#1981
LambBear#1602

That should ensure that there is basically always someone on to ask for an invite, even if you are in a gross foreign time zone or play during standard work hours because you are not a productive member of society.

See all you Goons in about 10 hours!

ty adding info to OP

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

I swear to god if this is a joke

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Astryl posted:

it's already been confirmed

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

everyone got their poop socks cleaned and ready? gonna be a long weekend

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Astryl posted:

It is.

They said there is no cow level.

Diablo is absolutely dead and not in the game either.

They pinky swore. You think someone would just go out there and pinky swear there wasn't a cow level and lie about it?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

sure okay posted:

I dont know if this make much sense but I thought it about it waking up

A rough lol, pouring one out for the goons that didn't make it this far

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
We have a discord for the guild or whatever?

Edit - Whoops its in OP

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Bioshuffle posted:

Very curious to see if they were able to fix the performance issues during open beta.

They did, performance was great during the server slam. No memory leaks or hitches with textures set to ultimate or whatever, it was perfectly smooth.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Speaking of performance, friendly reminder that Nvidia put out D4 drivers on 5/30. Be sure to update before tonight!

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Here's the story of the crazy Lilith,
Who really hated her crazy demon Dad.
So she decided to go, on her lonesome,
And maybe find a chad.

Here's the story, of the crazy Inarius,
Who was sick of fighting Demons all the time.
He had a friend, but didn't trust him,
So he went and did some crimes.

Till the one day when this Devil met this Angel,
And they made some kids who caused lots of mayhem.
No-one knew if, Inarius had a penis,
It don't matter cause they're called The Nephalem!

The Nephalem~~
The Nephalem~~

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

In case anyone missed it, they put up a 4-part recap of the preceding events of Diablo 1, and the plot of all 3 games. It loving slaps and even makes Diablo 3's plot look cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEfVNgk_Hho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnMu3DNbJko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae8YXE7OdfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjgmaNRDHo

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

smoobles posted:

In case anyone missed it, they put up a 4-part recap of the preceding events of Diablo 1, and the plot of all 3 games. It loving slaps and even makes Diablo 3's plot look cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEfVNgk_Hho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnMu3DNbJko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae8YXE7OdfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjgmaNRDHo

this poo poo is asking for age verification through credit card entry. is there another source?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Popoto posted:

this poo poo is asking for age verification through credit card entry. is there another source?

holy poo poo what, where do you live??

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I just paid what it was asking; the lore update was worth the $35

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Popoto posted:

sorry about your virus

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

If you get the KFC breakfast fuckmunch you can watch the lore video for free (but everyone's head is replaced w nuggets)

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Popoto posted:

if you dont feel comfortable giving them your credit card info you can give it to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ooh poo poo that is a sexy cow.