Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Just finished the Act IV Boss. Holy good god did they nail the atmosphere and mood of that fight. gently caress yeah. 😭😭😭 I *was* doing a bunch of side quests when I started but now I genuinely want to see the story (which let’s be honest is a miracle after 3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
I was kind of hoping they'd buff rogue at range more than they did.

Probably try Barb to see if anything else is decent when I can play Monday night.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

katkillad2 posted:

I told myself I was going to focus solely on the campaign during my last play session. ( I was probably midway through act 2 at the start. ) Was watching a streamer who wiped at level 52 or something on hardcore playing as a barb. I'm playing as a rogue and within 5'ish hours he already caught back up to me in the story. Barb does seem to be pretty overpowered and Rogue seems pretty underpowered and I don't think Rogue deserved any nerfs at all.

I'd rather they bring everyone up to the Barb level than just nerfing things down though.

I think that has more to do with the player behind the keyboard than class balance(no shade, streamers are literally professional video game players). Everything I've heard says rogue's are one of the top classes. Though, I've literally heard every class is the best and the worst from different sources so who knows.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
I was just chilling and doing all the side stuff (was lvl35 in act 1 lol), but I read that if you have not completed the campaign by lvl50 the game basically stops allowing you to get xp and continue progressing your character until you go to WT3.. which requires you to beat the campaign?

I immediately just starting rushing the campaign, which kinda felt bad and messed up the entire cadence of how I was enjoying the game. I feel like a lot of people are going to be in this situation and are going to be really frustrated when they hit lvl50 in Act 2 or whatever.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Kin33 posted:

I think that has more to do with the player behind the keyboard than class balance(no shade, streamers are literally professional video game players). Everything I've heard says rogue's are one of the top classes. Though, I've literally heard every class is the best and the worst from different sources so who knows.

Rogue was cracked but it's a textbook glass cannon case. Like if you mess up you will die for sure

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

InventorOfTrees posted:

you literally went through two years of my post history

oh abouslutely

InventorOfTrees posted:

I was just chilling and doing all the side stuff (was lvl35 in act 1 lol), but I read that if you have not completed the campaign by lvl50 the game basically stops allowing you to get xp and continue progressing your character until you go to WT3.. which requires you to beat the campaign?

I immediately just starting rushing the campaign, which kinda felt bad and messed up the entire cadence of how I was enjoying the game. I feel like a lot of people are going to be in this situation and are going to be really frustrated when they hit lvl50 in Act 2 or whatever.

p sure i got an additional paragon point from xp before i switched to wt3 so unless it stops you at the cap of lvl 50 i dont think this is right. but it might do that tbh

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

It stops scaling with your level at 50 in wt1 and 2. Not a big deal though.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

InventorOfTrees posted:

you literally went through two years of my post history over that minor burn to find something to sling in my face and that's the best you got? lol

Stux literally cannot go a week without being probated at least once. Don't worry .

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Stux posted:

oh abouslutely

yeah I realized my mistake after I posted, touche lol

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

InventorOfTrees posted:

Same, which made act 2 feel so much shorter than act 1. Feels kinda bad not to take it slow and do all the sidequests and strongholds and altars. But missing out on xp sucks too.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I wish Sorc builders felt more fun to use. So many of them just feel weak even if you crank up the numbers via items so they mathematically hit harder. For a game that wants you to do builder/spender it seems silly to make them so anemic. I wasn't affected by the arc lash nerf because I was already avoiding it for feeling bad. I'd rather crash crash crash with ice or zappy chain lightning than swing the wiffle lightning bat.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

FuzzySlippers posted:

I wish Sorc builders felt more fun to use. So many of them just feel weak even if you crank up the numbers via items so they mathematically hit harder. For a game that wants you to do builder/spender it seems silly to make them so anemic. I wasn't affected by the arc lash nerf because I was already avoiding it for feeling bad. I'd rather crash crash crash with ice or zappy chain lightning than swing the wiffle lightning bat.

All of the builders for the classes are mid at best and seeing these nerfs they want to make using them basically mandatory so it's on them to not make it boring as hell especially if it's going to be eating up one of my skill slots

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

somnambulist posted:

Just finished the Act IV Boss. Holy good god did they nail the atmosphere and mood of that fight. gently caress yeah. 😭😭😭 I *was* doing a bunch of side quests when I started but now I genuinely want to see the story (which let’s be honest is a miracle after 3)

Yeah it was fantastic. My only minor complaint is that they should have had it set in a similar area to the original fight.

Don't go too hard on the side quests, everyone. I heard advice to stop after you get all the world tier rewards for an area, that way getting the renown at higher world tiers is more convenient.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Probably a dumb question but I don't see it explained anywhere in game: should I be ripping the aspects out of every legendary I find, or am I supposed to be more selective? I see that they take up inventory slots in the aspect tab and it definitely seems like I'm going to eventually run out of space before I find every aspect that can be rolled, but I'm not sure if the game ends up just giving you more slots or what.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I'm in a weird spot. I built whirlwind barbarian, but I'm not super top tier like Maxrolls or whatever. I didn't get those gloves and I just got WT3 as the nerfs hit. Hell I just got the aspect that shortens shout cooldowns. I'm wondering if I should roll an alt to diversify my nerf potential or something, but I am enjoying my character and want to continue playing him despite everything on the internet telling me he's trash now.

I think I'm just going to keep spinning through bad guys for a bit until it stops being viable.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Play what you're having fun with and ignore what internet people think.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
How the heck does Packleader work

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

leftist heap posted:

How the heck does Packleader work

If one of your abilities rolls a lucky hit AND it crits then it will reset the cd on your companion active ability.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol just got randomly disconnected from the server and kicked out of the game just as I was about to presumably fight the last boss of the game.

Kin33 posted:

If one of your abilities rolls a lucky hit AND it crits then it will reset the cd on your companion active ability.
Packleader rules, I keep forgetting I have it equipped and every time my companion abilities reset I'm like HELL YEAH

Edit: Oh cool it kept my spot in the dungeon. I figured I'd have to redo that whole section.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 4, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

why are you being an rear end in a top hat, who are you

They only goon to grace my Ignore list on this forum

Edit - on topic, the Keystone that gives you a 20% Chance to cast another Storm/Nature spell for free owns

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
I'm not really digging bow rouge so I think I'm going to re-roll to minion necro. Is it better XP for a second character to skip the campaign and do other things like renown/dungeon farming or is the XP from the campaign quests good enough to make it worth doing a second time?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Probably a dumb question but I don't see it explained anywhere in game: should I be ripping the aspects out of every legendary I find, or am I supposed to be more selective? I see that they take up inventory slots in the aspect tab and it definitely seems like I'm going to eventually run out of space before I find every aspect that can be rolled, but I'm not sure if the game ends up just giving you more slots or what.

The extraction destroys the item, and salvaging legendary stuff does have unique materials for weapons, armor and jewlery. If your getting dupe aspects or ones you just plain don't want it's not bad idea to just salvage them I think.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Do I have to switch to tier 3 at 50 or can I just keep rocking what I'm doing? I know 3 gives better gear and better xp but for this first character I don't really care about that stuff? For seasons I will of course.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

This is the first Diablo I've played since the OG and I'm having a good time with it, but it feels a little easy at the moment. I'm a Lvl 16 Necromancer playing on World Tier 1 and I've only died twice, most of the time me and my skelebros just seem to roll through people without too much trouble. Will it start to get harder as I go up the levels, or should I move up a World Tier?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

KodiakRS posted:

I'm not really digging bow rouge so I think I'm going to re-roll to minion necro. Is it better XP for a second character to skip the campaign and do other things like renown/dungeon farming or is the XP from the campaign quests good enough to make it worth doing a second time?

There’s a virtually unlimited selection of side quests for quest xp that also give renown, I would never do the campaign again.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

explosivo posted:

Lol just got randomly disconnected from the server and kicked out of the game just as I was about to presumably fight the last boss of the game.

Packleader rules, I keep forgetting I have it equipped and every time my companion abilities reset I'm like HELL YEAH

Edit: Oh cool it kept my spot in the dungeon. I figured I'd have to redo that whole section.

Yeah, it goes off a surprising amount. I guess auto crit landslide helps with that.

Caidin posted:

The extraction destroys the item, and salvaging legendary stuff does have unique materials for weapons, armor and jewlery. If your getting dupe aspects or ones you just plain don't want it's not bad idea to just salvage them I think.

Dupe aspects are pretty important to keep if you ever want to upgrade your gear in end game. You can't extract an imprinted aspect.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

explosivo posted:

yeah main quest saves progress regularly. its not v visible but itll pop up over the little quest pop up saying when it has

Wiltsghost posted:

Do I have to switch to tier 3 at 50 or can I just keep rocking what I'm doing? I know 3 gives better gear and better xp but for this first character I don't really care about that stuff? For seasons I will of course.

the better gear is another tier of regular drops as well as uniques, both of which straight up do not drop in wt2. also most of the end game content is only in wt3 and 4 and has stuff like paragon tile upgrades that i dont think exist in wt1 and 2 at all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How are skill trees on this one? Closer to Diablo 2 or free skill select like 3? Is it easy to respec?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Guillermus posted:

How are skill trees on this one? Closer to Diablo 2 or free skill select like 3? Is it easy to respec?

You have to pay to respec but the cost is low, maybe 10 minutes to recoup the gold if you do a full respec, trivial for individual points. And completely irrelevant while still leveling in the campaign.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Arsonide posted:

I'm in a weird spot. I built whirlwind barbarian, but I'm not super top tier like Maxrolls or whatever. I didn't get those gloves and I just got WT3 as the nerfs hit. Hell I just got the aspect that shortens shout cooldowns. I'm wondering if I should roll an alt to diversify my nerf potential or something, but I am enjoying my character and want to continue playing him despite everything on the internet telling me he's trash now.

I think I'm just going to keep spinning through bad guys for a bit until it stops being viable.

Thing is, there are other sources of cooldown reduction that people weren't using that they will want to use now to get the shout cooldowns lower. I think it will be fine it will just take additional investment compared to before. My WW guy is still doing fine I just have to be more mindful of times when all the shouts are on cd, and I don't even have cooldown reduction in slots I could have it yet.

Wiltsghost posted:

If you can clear tier3 without TOO much of a struggle I would strongly recommend playing it because sacred items start dropping there and a sacred weapon will most likely instantly be WAY better than your current weapons regardless of how it rolls.

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

shut the gently caress up

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I also like about the story that there's a seemingly random party of Valve's L4Dead characters that finds itself teleported to the Sanctuary, kills and assumes the identity of their doppelgangers before you wake up, and gets gradually picked off like its the middle of a Netflix show.

Wandered off alone and viewed the statue of Michelangelo's David too close.

Was made an offer he couldn't refuse.

Got bitten, didn't go feral but lost her marbles.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 4, 2023

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

Playing pulverize druid.

Got the aspect to make pulverize an earth skill and cast tectonic spikes after, and the one to slow enemies when hit by earth skills. Then I found a weapon with an aspect to turn trample into an earth skill that also summons 6 landslides.

The screen is just a constant explosion of rocks jutting out of the ground now lmao

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

Flooger posted:

Playing pulverize druid.

Got the aspect to make pulverize an earth skill and cast tectonic spikes after, and the one to slow enemies when hit by earth skills. Then I found a weapon with an aspect to turn trample into an earth skill that also summons 6 landslides.

The screen is just a constant explosion of rocks jutting out of the ground now lmao

Anyone not playing a druid with aspect of trampled earth is doing themselves a disservice imo. Combined with the aspect that reduces cooldowns by 12 seconds whenever you proc nature's fury for non-stop trampling is just awesome.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

M. Night Skymall posted:

You have to pay to respec but the cost is low, maybe 10 minutes to recoup the gold if you do a full respec, trivial for individual points. And completely irrelevant while still leveling in the campaign.

Cool, thank you!

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
game is good, you should play this game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Don't know if the breakpoint was hitting level 30 or completing an Act, but legendaries seem to drop significantly more frequently now

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

goferchan posted:

Don't know if the breakpoint was hitting level 30 or completing an Act, but legendaries seem to drop significantly more frequently now

Most people were saying around 25 which was about when I started getting a lot more regular drops.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shadow corpse explosion necro is way more fun than being a bone lord. Get to run around with my skeleton pals filling the screen with dark miasmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
yoooo

Glorius indeed. We eatin' tonight with this literal 50% or so DPS increase