Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

ymgve posted:

you should be glad you didn't finish the mountain then, because the reward for completing the game is that it resets all the puzzles and sends you back to the start

(there is a game save right before you enter the final cutscene, so it's not completely dickish)

Yeah but, like... it only really does that so you can do the start "right" using all your knew knowledge and enter the ending area (which you could have done right from the beginning of the game if only you knew), you're not actually supposed to redo most of the puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

I said come in! posted:

We Love Katamari, Street Fighter 6, and Diablo IV all release today.
Also

ChickenHeart posted:

Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengeance of the Slayer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Legit all of the coolest puzzles in the game require 3d space traversal and maybe they might be 5 percent of the game but "the best moments" in any game or movie or story are 5 percent of the overall time and it would be weird to say those could be discarded because they're only 5 percent

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://archive.is/V598B

Bloomberg published a piece about the making of Redfall and boy this seems rough. 70% of the original staff that made Prey ended up leaving the studio out of disinterest in working on a multiplayer game.

That’s not quite what Schreier claimed. That is the number he gives, but Redfall being unpopular internally was just one reason for the exodus. And this isn’t the first time I’ve heard of turnover rates in game dev being high in general (and Prey released 6 years ago).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1664306779918938112

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/yuji-naka-has-reportedly-been-sentenced-to-2-5-years-in-prison-for-insider-trading/

In other news, prosecutors are pursuing a sentence of 2 and a half years in prison and over 1.2 million dollars in fines in Yuji Naka's insider trading case.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Legit all of the coolest puzzles in the game require 3d space traversal and maybe they might be 5 percent of the game but "the best moments" in any game or movie or story are 5 percent of the overall time and it would be weird to say those could be discarded because they're only 5 percent

Don't only put 5% cool stuff in your game though

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Mr. Yuji Naka is not alright

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

whats big the cat up to these days anyway

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

https://archive.is/V598B

Bloomberg published a piece about the making of Redfall and boy this seems rough. 70% of the original staff that made Prey ended up leaving the studio out of disinterest in working on a multiplayer game.

seems like it was arkane austin's management betting the farm on live service multiplayer to try and finally find a financially successful hit and they instead pushed the studio one step closer to bankruptcy

such a drat puzzling pivot, too; the natural first direction you'd think they would've taken would be to just make a full-on FPS with light imsim elements instead of trying to switch to something with technical complexity and design hurdles several orders of magnitude above what they'd done before

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/yuji-naka-has-reportedly-been-sentenced-to-2-5-years-in-prison-for-insider-trading/

In other news, prosecutors are pursuing a sentence of 2 and a half years in prison and over 1.2 million dollars in fines in Yuji Naka's insider trading case.

Yuji Naka did nothing wrong.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He was probably framed by Dr. EGGMAN

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

yuji naka's famed "one phonecall" design philosophy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjsUHPBz_64

Story trailer for Telltale Expanse

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

he's dead

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1664091413582352384?s=20

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off fishing in another dimension last we saw him in Frontiers

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

hatty posted:

Is the Witness bad or do people just hate Blow for justifiable reasons and can’t separate the art and artist

the witness is a speak and spell gussied up as a video game. ooh, i can recognize colors and shapes! great work. now play a real puzzle game, like stephen's sausage roll

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Im calling for a general gamer strike until crapcom removes the perfidious wifi indicator from street fighter 6

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
snail posts from wifi

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

homeless snail posted:

Im calling for a general gamer strike until crapcom removes the perfidious wifi indicator from street fighter 6

This feels like something that should be illegal. How are you going to go into somebody's house (virtually) and sniff out their wireless router etc without their permission? How's that fair? I don't know how much you all know about networking, but invading somebody else's privacy is serious business. You do not have that right to know what I'm running in my house. This is huge.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This feels like something that should be illegal. How are you going to go into somebody's house (virtually) and sniff out their wireless router etc without their permission? How's that fair? I don't know how much you all know about networking, but invading somebody else's privacy is serious business. You do not have that right to know what I'm running in my house. This is huge.

i'm assuming it's something relatively mundane like the packets containing information that signals them as coming from ethernet vs. wifi rather than it being able to gather comprehensive hardware data in real time

if the SF6 beta had contained anything like vanguard or other kernel-level anticheat that could poke its nose around your computer to that degree then i would've expected much more of a hew and cry by now

May 8, 2006

hacking to snu's network and....jackpot. I've found a plex server with the complete series rip of Everybody Loves Raymond

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

snail posts from wifi
as is my constitutionally protected right.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Vermain posted:

i'm assuming it's something relatively mundane like the packets containing information that signals them as coming from ethernet vs. wifi rather than it being able to gather comprehensive hardware data in real time

if the SF6 beta had contained anything like vanguard or other kernel-level anticheat that could poke its nose around your computer to that degree then i would've expected much more of a hew and cry by now

it was a resetera post on the topic that seemed very insane

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The 7th Guest is back

In VR form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVbD5_JWPoA

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I could've sworn a dead or alive game I played in like 2013 told you if your opponent had a wired connection but maybe I'm misremembering

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gatekeeping by showing people my lovely connection

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hatty posted:

Gatekeeping by showing people my lovely connection
wifi is good now. I plug my $200/mo 2Gb fiber optic connection into my wifi router and it works just fine. you cant discriminate against me, thank you martin luther king jr (king)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fighting games... the mmorpg of video games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Venuz Patrol posted:

the witness is a speak and spell gussied up as a video game. ooh, i can recognize colors and shapes! great work. now play a real puzzle game, like stephen's sausage roll

I completed The Challenge in The Witness and I can't beat more than 5 levels in Stephen's Sausage Roll :negative:

My brain refuses to understand how block-pushing puzzles work, it's why I can't get into Baba is You either

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

syshock remake has some of them knob-turning puzzles that seem to have been invented specifically to defeat my brain

scorn had exactly two puzzles of that variety and that section alone constituted almost a third of my playtime

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only puzzle type that I hate is the Tower of Hanoi. My brain just shuts down for some reason

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I completed The Challenge in The Witness and I can't beat more than 5 levels in Stephen's Sausage Roll :negative:

My brain refuses to understand how block-pushing puzzles work, it's why I can't get into Baba is You either

Sausage Roll requires you to be able to imagine several moves ahead while The Witness generally doesn't, it's a different kind of puzzle-solving skill

May 8, 2006

not a specific type of puzzle, though tower of Hanoi counts, but anything where the solution is obvious but is going to take a ton of moves to reach just turns my brain off

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

This

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

big cat works at barstool sports

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He got his diet under control and started going to the gym and now he's Medium the Cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

not a specific type of puzzle, though tower of Hanoi counts, but anything where the solution is obvious but is going to take a ton of moves to reach just turns my brain off

The slow block-pushing of old 3d games...