Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Ninja Turtle?
Leonardo
Donatello
Michelangelo
Raphael
View Results

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Hahaha that kicks so much rear end. Thanks commish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

How could you doubt Mean Gene? The man is an entertainer.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I tried ctrl+f'ing on the prior two pages/OP and did not see a confirmed draft date, but my reading comprehension in only this thread has been terrible.... can anyone confirm the draft day/time? Or has it not been set yet?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I tried ctrl+f'ing on the prior two pages/OP and did not see a confirmed draft date, but my reading comprehension in only this thread has been terrible.... can anyone confirm the draft day/time? Or has it not been set yet?

Silly Burrito posted:

The 2023 20 Team Draft Rumble is being uploaded and will be in my next post, but since it seems like it's probably the least objectionable (and no one has said that they were unable to make it), we're going to move the draft to :siren: Sun, September 3, 2023, 8PM Eastern Time / 7PM Central Time :siren:

It should only take 60 minutes, I think last year we tested with having all draft picks take 60 seconds, and the draft flew by.

Not tomorrow, but next Sunday night at 7PM. Hope to see you all there!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I also realized I haven’t randomized the schedule. I’ll try to do that tomorrow.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Schedule has been updated on ESPN. Everything should be correct, but if you see any errors please let me know. It's possible you may have a similar matchup from last year, but everything was randomized in Google Sheets so it should be a bit better than the old slide up/down method.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Not tomorrow, but next Sunday night at 7PM. Hope to see you all there!
Awesome, thank you!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just a reminder before you start your Labor Day plans, the draft is Sunday night! Mark your calendars, and draft responsibly.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

Just a reminder before you start your Labor Day plans, the draft is Sunday night! Mark your calendars, and draft responsibly.

I'm not about to start now. :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Draft day! :dance:

I’ve actually got two drafts today, LSU plays tonight, and there’s an AEW PPV. It’s a good day!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Draft day! :dance:

I’ve actually got two drafts today, LSU plays tonight, and there’s an AEW PPV. It’s a good day!

SB's gonna be distracted everybody, pick all his players while he's watchin' TV.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

SB's gonna be distracted everybody, pick all his players while he's watchin' TV.

It’s a 60 second timer. Gotta draft fast.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Brian Robinson wanted me to ask: have any players gotten shot today that I should know about before the draft?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

chrix posted:

Brian Robinson wanted me to ask: have any players gotten shot today that I should know about before the draft?

Pat Mahomes

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

chrix posted:

*door slamming*

Seven.

I will not be answering any further questions at this time.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chrix posted:

No but the dipshit at ESPN who configured their fantasy football system to lock you out of saving your pre-draft rankings because "the draft is in progress (twenty minutes in the future)" is going to if I ever find out who he/she is.

In part because now I dont have my rankings saved if I end up AFK, and because I nearly had a heart attack thinking I somehow messed up the CST/EST time conversion after 25 years of having it on lockdown.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

fun draft. I like my flex depth, now I just need Purdy's UCL to hold up and one of my TEs to be vaguely useful

will the thrill
Aug 18, 2003

When I hit the club, Ima be wit David Banner, a thug ass nigga wit bad table mannaz
number 1 in the handcuff rb's department. Wishing all your rb's ill fortune

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

One of us will win this slopfest.

Whoever does? It will be funny.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I think my team is pretty ok for only getting 2 picks every hour.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Good draft, there were definitely a couple of snipes that had me :argh: but what can you do?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I absolutely love my team despite a few guys I really wanted getting sniped.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Silly Burrito posted:

Good draft, there were definitely a couple of snipes that had me :argh: but what can you do?

You started the draft by taking Nick Chubb one pick before me. I knew the fun had only just begun.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Gimme them Eagles you bastard!

E: my first three picks went exactly how I'd wanted so I guess I can't complain. Taylor falling to me in the 4th was a very :allbuttons: moment

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I got sniped in round 1, was gonna take pollard. but I also like how my RBs ended up

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
I've learned from a little bit of experience that boring guys who get you points are often decent picks here. For FLEX1 and FLEX2, particularly.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I never know how to feel after this league’s draft, but looking forward to the season.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm starting Derek Carr at QB, how do I have the top rated team right now? Also how have things changed since draft day?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I didn't even know we had a trade until I looked for Pecota's graph above. drat, that is a difference from last year. Did anyone get an email?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I did not get an email and had no idea there was a trade.

I really want to know how that power ranking graph is calculated because lmao

I imagine the ranking can change based on if player projections change due to either personal or supporting cast injuries or changes. e.g. Chiefs D more likely to not have Chris Jones.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

yeah, I was happy to break the ice on trades! helped both teams I think. I now have AJB in nearly every league I'm in, so he's doomed

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pmchem posted:

I now have AJB in nearly every league I'm in, so he's doomed
You monster!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just to be clear, I don’t mind that there was a trade, I’m just surprised it didn’t send out an email like it did before. I guess it figures that if there is no review period, there’s no need to send a notification. :shrug:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
So I improved 2 spots because of some trade I am not involved in. I am ready for management because I am falling upwards :cool:.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I think I'm just going to drop any Chiefs player not named Mahomes after this week.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Quiet Feet posted:

I think I'm just going to drop any Chiefs player not named Mahomes after this week.

This game can’t end soon enough for Toney.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

I havent looked to see if anyone has him rostered, but I think Rashee Rice is going to see more targets next week.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

I'm starting to regret picking Cooper Kupp

edit: ITS TUTU ATWELL SEASON

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

chrix posted:

I'm starting to regret picking Cooper Kupp

edit: ITS TUTU ATWELL SEASON

As someone who has Kupp and JT in another league, I feel your pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

my team's first hour is off to a Purdy start