Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Ninja Turtle?
Leonardo
Donatello
Michelangelo
Raphael
View Results

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Silly Burrito posted:

Dude, I’m glad your baby and your wife are fine and congratulations! Take care of them and your toddler, but don’t worry about this league. We’ll be here when things calm down for you.

100%, mazel tov!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm going to get knocked out of the playoffs by losing to Tim Boyle this week lol

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I gotta admit, when the Titans punter got knocked out of the game and Folk was doing both kicking and punting, I had a dream of him being the Taysom Hill of kicking. That's value baby! They will probably sign a punter though.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

my 20-team half-ppr lineup would trounce my 12-team full-ppr lineups this week

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Eltoasto posted:

I gotta admit, when the Titans punter got knocked out of the game and Folk was doing both kicking and punting, I had a dream of him being the Taysom Hill of kicking. That's value baby! They will probably sign a punter though.

Add it to my list of 2023 20 team pain.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Tanner Hudson catching a meaningless pass and hurdling the defense just to get back to the line of scrimmage may end up being the winning score for my matchup. The wild rear end defense settings sure make for an anxious watch when you are relying on one for MNF.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Marino with two teams at 7-6, two at 6-7, and nobody eliminated. 4/5 teams in the top 10 in PF.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Quiet Feet posted:

Marino with two teams at 7-6, two at 6-7, and nobody eliminated. 4/5 teams in the top 10 in PF.

4/5 in the top 10? Those are some rookie numbers, Namath has 4/5 in the top 5.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

4/5 in the top 10? Those are some rookie numbers, Namath has 4/5 in the top 5.

So 80% of the top teams are in two divisions?

What the hell is going on in Montana and Romo?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
It's a new day in Montana. The future is Shelbyville.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Yep. Shelbyville Sharks have clinched the Montana Division, congratulations!. Akron Peppercorns, Rated R Superstars and Naptown Sleepers have all clinched the remaining NFC playoff spots, but all are at 8-5 and Akron Peppercorns and Naptown Sleepers play each other this week.

Chem's Cylons has clinched the Marino Division, congratulations! But lord the rest of the AFC is a mess. Baller Status is leading Namath at 8-5, but Electric Blue, Spinnin Freeneys and M. Night Shanahan are all at 7-6. In Marino, Skellingtown Skeletons and matt gay so what are at 7-6. Taco Tuesday and Sir, this is an RBs (great name) are still at 6-7 so they're still technically in it as well.

Y'all clean this crap up, my head hurts just thinking about all the calculations. :psyboom:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Can't help but feel I'm probably gonna be on the outside looking in after this week. Taylor went out at the worst possible time, Browns defense regressed hard, and Mostert lost a bunch of work with Achane back. Feels like a miracle I got this far after drafting Sanders and Ridley in the 2nd and 3rd.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I think I am win and in if I checked stuff correctly, but if I lose there is no longshot path to make the playoffs either. I am kind of surprised, I thought I was completely out of the running. Who knew that losing 3 games by less than 3 points would matter...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

5 years in a row in the playoffs :toot:

Just noticed that every WR and TE on my roster either has an injured QB or zero catches last week

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

I think I am win and in if I checked stuff correctly, but if I lose there is no longshot path to make the playoffs either. I am kind of surprised, I thought I was completely out of the running. Who knew that losing 3 games by less than 3 points would matter...

Haven’t done a full analysis but I think I’m in if I win. That’d be six division wins for me on the year, and I think that’s second tiebreaker. If I lose it’s over.

I can’t believe how different the AFC and NFC have been this year. Never has it ever been even close to that dichotomous before.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

EconDad posted:

Haven’t done a full analysis but I think I’m in if I win. That’d be six division wins for me on the year, and I think that’s second tiebreaker. If I lose it’s over.

I can’t believe how different the AFC and NFC have been this year. Never has it ever been even close to that dichotomous before.

I lost Nick Chubb in week 2 and Joe Burrow in week whatever. Hard to come back from that, but dammit I tried. :(

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Silly Burrito posted:

I lost Nick Chubb in week 2 and Joe Burrow in week whatever. Hard to come back from that, but dammit I tried. :(

Losing Chubb was prob the low point of the season for me. Not just because I had him in two of five leagues, but because he’s so great.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

This is the first season I've been able to draft Chubb in any league and it was in my money league

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I have a 99% chance of making the playoffs. I like those odds.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Review of this week's matchup with Spinnin

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

EconDad posted:

Review of this week's matchup with Spinnin

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Like 10 points combined from our QB's and 64 points from our defenses. Herbert hosed you over and then Hurts hosed me over.

I don't think Henry has a 30 point game in him, so you should be fine.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Eltoasto posted:

Like 10 points combined from our QB's and 64 points from our defenses. Herbert hosed you over and then Hurts hosed me over.

I don't think Henry has a 30 point game in him, so you should be fine.

Curse of the punter though. He’s there too.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Last minute Titans fumble and subsequent random Mostert TD puts me over the top! :woop: :woop: :woop:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
That was probably the most roller-coastery matchup for me, across five leagues, for the year. Good lord. Nice game Spinnin. Namath is fuckin harsh.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Will have the matchups later today. I think there’s only one tiebreak I have to look at.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, not too bad this year. As always, please check my math, but there really only was the determining factor of where the wildcard teams would play due to overall records. The brackets have been set in ESPN.

Congratulations to the following champions!
AFC:
Marino champion: Chem's Cylons (1st place in AFC, 10-4)
Namath champion: Baller Status (2nd place in AFC, 9-5)

NFC:
Romo champion: Naptown Sleepers (1st place in NFC, 9-5)
Montana champion: Shelbyville Sharks (2nd place in NFC, 8-6)

Wildcard teams:
AFC: Skellingtown Skeletons 8-6, Electric Blue 8-6
No head to head, they did not play each other. They're in different divisions. Let's go to https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference:
Electric Blue had a 7-5 conference record. Skellingtown Skeletons had a 6-6 conference record.
Electric Blue - third place, Skellingtown Skeletons fourth place

NFC: Akron Peppercorns 8-6, Rated R Superstars 8-6
Rated R Superstars won both head-to-head matchups
Rated R Superstars - third place, Akron Peppercorns, fourth place

Playoff matchups and history:

AFC:
Chem’s Cylons vs Skellingtown Skeletons (Split the series - Skellingtown won 105.3 to 85.6 in week 2, Chem's won week 14 165.9 to 86.3)

Baller Status vs Electric Blue (Electric Blue won both matchups - 127.7 - 113 in week 4, 130.3 - 113.4 in week 11)

NFC:
Naptown Sleepers vs Akron Peppercorns (rematch of last week - Naptown Sleepers won 134.5 to 110.7, Akron Peppercorns won week 1 93.8 to 91.0)

Shelbyville Sharks vs Rated R Superstars (rematch of week 1 - Rated R Superstars won 112.9 to 63.1)

Good luck to all!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Also, don’t forget, if you want to submit a proposal for next year, you still can at any time until next year’s thread. Just bold it or call attention to it so I notice it for next year.

If anyone not in the league wants to get on the waitlist for next year, just post here and let me know.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Hell yeah 20th place! Can't say that in every league.

Note to self for next year: do not draft Aaron Jones in the second round or at all. Do not draft Daniel Jones in the fourth round or at all.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I did not predict getting knocked out of the playoffs by Joe Flacco before the season started. Well, I thought 129 was a respectable score...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

I did not predict getting knocked out of the playoffs by Joe Flacco before the season started. Well, I thought 129 was a respectable score...

Honestly that’s pretty on par for this league. A QB who wasn’t even on an NFL team three weeks ago knocks someone out of our playoffs. Sounds about right.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Sucks to barely miss the playoffs, but the last few weeks were a lot of fun. Nothing is more indicative of this league than watching MNF and rooting for your defense to defend passes and get punt return yardage to win, or hoping the Giants get to midfield but then punt so that your punter can get bonus points inside the 20.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just gotta go against the top team in PF while missing Jonathon Taylor, I'm sure this is gonna go swell.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

"I just wanted a chance to pick up Joe Flacco."

I would have made the playoffs if I ever started the right WR. I was swapping between Nico Collins and Drake London all season; most of the time, whomever I started scored less than 5 while the one on my bench scored more than 15 or 20. Ended up 7-7 behind the Skellingtown Skeletons at 8-6, who got the playoff spot. Very disappointing end to the season considering my roster stayed mostly healthy and were all mostly good (fantasy) players.

p.s. toddler and 3 week old are both healthy after dealing with RSV for a week each; now the wife and I have it :aaaaa:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

p.s. toddler and 3 week old are both healthy after dealing with RSV for a week each; now the wife and I have it :aaaaa:

Glad to hear your kids are healthy and doing well. Hopefully you and your wife get well soon!

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Tony Romo representing almost 40% of the playoffs you love to see it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Pain of Mind posted:

Sorry! But I do have to say Joe Flacco came in clutch these last few weeks. Shame my team was already a hopeless failure.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

i think this is one of the best 0-2 teams i’ve ever had in any league

pmchem posted:

i think this is one of the best 1-3 teams I've ever had in any league

gonna lead in total points against after this week!

my dudes came through

i look forward to being bounced in round 1 by angry mahomes

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
The conferences were very lopsided this year, where 8 of the top 9 teams by expected wins were in the AFC, and 4/5 of the top 5 were in Namath. Bolded teams made the playoffs. Expected wins is point and win independent, but a reasonable measure for team strength. It is just a rank ordering of how many teams you would have beat each week, so for each week the top score gets 1 win, the bottom score gets 0 wins, and everyone else gets some fraction based on how many teams they would have beat for each individual week. Not that it matters for anything, just dumb stuff to do at work.

Edit: Each division's cumulative wins would be:
Joe Namath: 42.34
Dan Marino: 40.08
Tony Romo: 29.66
Joe Montana: 27.92

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 13, 2023

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

The conferences were very lopsided this year, where 8 of the top 9 teams by expected wins were in the AFC, and 4/5 of the top 5 were in Namath. Bolded teams made the playoffs. Expected wins is point and win independent, but a reasonable measure for team strength. It is just a rank ordering of how many teams you would have beat each week, so for each week the top score gets 1 win, the bottom score gets 0 wins, and everyone else gets some fraction based on how many teams they would have beat for each individual week. Not that it matters for anything, just dumb stuff to do at work. One assumption is the schedule is completely random, which it is not with divisions, but it still as an accurate measure of team strength since it is entirely based on points scored, it is not like you can play defense.

Edit: Each division's cumulative wins would be:
Joe Namath: 42.34
Dan Marino: 40.08
Tony Romo: 29.66
Joe Montana: 27.92

Ah a nice color-coded table to describe the hell it has been to be in Namath this year for all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Looking back, I think I could've won more games and even potentially made the playoffs if I had drafted and signed better players. Something to think about for next year I suppose.