Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Good and fun Dynamite.

Kommander is fine, but there are so many other luchadores on the roster I'd rather watch so yeah. Great finish tho, the liontamer looked brutal from Jericho last night.

MJF/Cole is just brilliant stuff. I don't know who will turn on who first, but I almost want them to run this thing all the way to taking the tag titles because its been such a fun bit I don't want it to end. I don't think they should be beating FTR or BCG but I'm gonna enjoy that match. I'm not sure if they hit the double clothesline or if its used against MJF by Cole/Strong. The vingettes are funny, they've built a really good in ring schtick together. MJF being the punchline just shows how good that dude really is. He's so good at this thing. Fun match too, loved the push up punchline where only MJF gets punished for finally buying in. I hope that MJF is really trying to setup Cole as "im not as strong as I really am" so he can destroy him for big heat and some kayfabe elevation whenever they fight again.

Britt being mad at him for hanging with a heel is prime hypocrisy, but what is she even mad about? He quite clearly didn't cheat on her and MJF did his thing. ITS ALL ON CAMERA.

Sammy/Garcia v Darby/OC was very fun. I enjoyed the entire dynamic and while the ending was a bit cheap, it was well woven into the larger stories AEW is telling. Darby's kid pal was debuting, Swerve can't stand Darby and wants to gently caress with his opponents so him showing up to ruin their match before he put away Nick Wayne I liked. Darby and OC didn't need to go further, they're already p well over and are a sometimes team anyway (i get its a "blind" tournament, but come on that isn't really true).

I did not care about Harley, she was annoying. That segment with the rap was the most surprising thing on the show. I was fully expecting it to be an awful joke, but nah even if that's fully produced that was a very good thing. Hot and talented? Hopefully she can go in the ring if that's part of the plan because i was compelled by that effort. QTV is schlock garbage, but that's the point and that was the best thing they've done so far.

Ruby Skye was good and fine, Skye shouldn't be winning but she's gotten to continue to look improved and strong with her recent outings. It's very weird to me that Ruby is the actual main character of the Outcasts, but Toni has the belt and Saraya gets way more "attention" than Ruby. She's gonna win this thing so she finally has an accomplishment to her name and gets to rub Britts face in it.

Swerve and Nick was very good. Nick is clearly still young, but drat he is very talented. The finishing sequence is loving astounding. I hope they slow play him a bit like Hook (speaking of not even child locks can stop him).

Pac makes a lot of sense, kinda forgot about him, but he made it all make sense with just a few lines. And he's still a violence hammer pervert so BCC will love him in Blood & Guts. Ibushi was obvious, but it was still a good reveal and Kenny playing it up like a maniacal anime character all night was great LOOK AT THE SCREEN. Okay sure why not. Next week is gonna be wild.

drat it feels good to be all elite. Gotta share a photo of my cat boys apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Why Don why!?

https://imgur.com/a/kLqY8KZ

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 13, 2023

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I also believe this is how that will go

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

That 2/3 Falls Match was a masterpiece. Amazing work by both groups the entire time, I was almost suckered into a 60 min draw at 1-1 but drat. I wanted them to shake hands, but BCG ain't about that. Collision's action is very good and the announcing is getting better.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I'm glad he cheated. he's got that winning edge.

Finally someone is listening to Max

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

catching up to Collision and I gotta say I don't really feel bad for Ruby losing again when she continues to use what is absolutely the worst finishing move in AEW, the kick looks like dogshit. Idk why she stopped using the reverse STO which was infinitely better. Was smarter to invest in Willow when she's been having an incredible year so far anyway; I think Ruby has reached her ceiling and the level she's at just doesn't really strike me as better than most of the division.

It's really how you can tell how her matches will go. If she uses the no future kick and doesn't go for destination unknown she isn't winning. She only wins with the reverse STO these days. Usually the kick is the prelude to the STO and thats a decent combo for a finisher, when its just the kick alone...enh its not gonna cut it and its booked that way imo.

The Outcasts have simply been completely made toothless by and large. Lame duck storyline.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Oh goodness I have guests coming into town tomorrow and we're going to dinner and I'm almost certainly going to miss most of this show and I'm sad cause its gonna be good, DVR HERE I COME!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

PAC should have a seemingly endless volume of hammers, just everywhere he reaches another hammer comes out. Under the apron, in the cage, under the stairs, under a buckle cover, from his butt, just you know everywhere

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Critical posted:

About to pick up my best friend who I haven't seen in months so we can go to dinner and then to BLOOD AND GUTS and I haven't been this excited for anything in a while.

This is the wholesome wrestle content im here for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Bucks are good, maybe predictable in what spots they want to hit, but they are very good at this pro wrasslin thing

thats my take and im sticking to it