Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Love putting lead off man on base don't you Brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I have never seen a pitcher reject so many fresh baseballs as Manoah.

You've never seen such an amazing pitcher, that's why

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Twins grit it out to win in the 12th! I think this is the most wins above .500 they've been since, like, May.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

...! posted:

You've never seen such an amazing pitcher, that's why

He actually wasn't bad this outing but Mike Ford cannot be denied his nukes.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

How are the astros still batting dubon leadoff?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

How are the astros still batting dubon leadoff?

They're very injured and the bench is extremely thin

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
go Athletics! is what I would be saying if I were a diehard A's fan (I am not, go Cubs!)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

maffew buildings posted:

go Athletics! is what I would be saying if I were a diehard A's fan (I am not, go Cubs!)

lol at the concept of a diehard A's fan

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol Dubon with a no doubter

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Wtf Dusty, why are you using Abreu as a closer?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

You know, I wish there was a Springfield kid A's fan right now. I'd fill his mouth with stinkbugs!

...! posted:

Pressly has pitched a lot lately

(so has Abreu though)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

...! posted:

It worked

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

thank goodness for the A's. now to look at the upcoming schedu- *tugs collar*

when is yordan back again? and altuve?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

thank goodness for the A's. now to look at the upcoming schedu- *tugs collar*

when is yordan back again? and altuve?

Yordan tomorrow...please?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Yeah, but... Abreu? His save record is... not good

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

...! posted:

lol at the concept of a diehard A's fan

Just transpose how you as an Astros fan love oil companies, defense contracting companies and cheating onto the A's hth

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol Mariners

...!
Oct 5, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

Just transpose how you as an Astros fan love oil companies, defense contracting companies and cheating onto the A's hth

I'd rather not, thank you

...!
Oct 5, 2003

At least the A's aren't pure evil like the Yankees, though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

...! posted:

Yeah, but... Abreu? His save record is... not good

Maybe but he's the closer of the future

...!
Oct 5, 2003

How in the world did they see enough to overturn that Mariners/Jays call? It was way too close

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

Maybe but he's the closer of the future

What about Montero though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

...! posted:

At least the A's aren't pure evil like the Yankees, though

Every now and then I like to laugh at this

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
This Mariners-Blue Jays series has been extremely stupid all the way around. None of those 4 PAs in the top of the 9th were conventional.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Oof Romano

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Blue Jays are entirely incapable of closing out a game on the Ms

...!
Oct 5, 2003

This sure is some pitching by Romano

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

The Blue Jays are entirely incapable of closing out a game on the Ms

We avenged the Jays in last year's playoffs though. I wouldn't be opposed to doing it again this season

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Thought for a moment Geno hit it out with how it came off the bat and Romano's reaction. Ah well. Entertaining series for sure.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I gotta say, this whole shoe thing Mariners fans have started doing is some truly dumb poo poo

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

...! posted:

I gotta say, this whole shoe thing Mariners fans have started doing is some truly dumb poo poo

It makes the most sense against Toronto since the "Rally Shoe" thing started because cameras captured a Mariner fan wearing a shoe on their head during the 8-1 comeback vs. Toronto in the playoffs.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
A's be losing

although the Royals really have been showing greater commitment lately, only a half game separating the two

...!
Oct 5, 2003

What a dumbass play by the Sox. When you hesitate for that long, go back to your base. You lost your chance. If you take off, you're getting thrown out way more often than not

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Pungry posted:

It makes the most sense against Toronto since the "Rally Shoe" thing started because cameras captured a Mariner fan wearing a shoe on their head during the 8-1 comeback vs. Toronto in the playoffs.

They did it against the Astros during the entire ALDS. It... didn't help

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

...! posted:

What a dumbass play by the Sox. When you hesitate for that long, go back to your base. You lost your chance. If you take off, you're getting thrown out way more often than not

awful 3rd base coaching. Once Duran slid in to 3rd he should've put up the stop sign not kept waving him home

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

...! posted:

They did it against the Astros during the entire ALDS. It... didn't help

It's a fun harmless thing that fans do. Not sure what there is to get upset about, but SAS does hate the Rally Monkey.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Adam Duvall getting hot right in time for the Braves to hit town

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Intruder posted:

Every now and then I like to laugh at this

This unironically owns

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Pungry posted:

It's a fun harmless thing that fans do. Not sure what there is to get upset about, but SAS does hate the Rally Monkey.

I'm not upset, it's just dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bregor posted:

This unironically owns

I agree but probably for different reasons (this was right before the Astros blew the A's out of the playoffs, then the A's turned into.... this)

The shoe on head thing isn't any dumber than rally caps, it's just that rally caps have been grandfathered in