Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

*suddenly, without prompt*
"Vespidae is any of the nearly 5000 species of wasps, including all eusocial wasps..."
:v: You say something DumDum?
"Duh... wha?"
:v: never mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

I rolled "Royal Order" so ... the closest thing to monster I can think of is another evolved dremilin who's part of the guard.

Season 1-3

Season 4+

Name: (dead name) -> Yuri Gamma
Team: Royal Order
Role: Major Reoccurring character

(dead name) Gamma is a major reoccurring character featured as part of the Royal Order. An adult dremilin, Gamma was able to secure a position within the Royal Order and when the Skulls became a bigger issue was brought up through the ranks to deal with them. A stun-sniper and a serious threat to the Skulls, Gamma is one of the reasons why the Renegade Skulls resort to elaborate schemes rather than deal with Gamma out in the open.

In Season Four, Gamma came out to Fontaine as being a trans woman. Fontaine's reaction was "Goddam it I'm not even part of the Order anymore why you coming to me OK FINE I'LL TAKE YOU TO SPECTRUM!". This is where Gamma gains the new name of Yuri.

As Yuri begins to feel more comfortable in her skin she slowly becomes less awkward and aloof, especially thanks to the welcoming environment of the Spectrum. Seeing the direction the Order is taking, she's one of the ones who begins to discreetly make provisions for a resistance movement as Season 6 approaches.

Yuri Gamma leaves the Order to form the resistance in Season 6.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

By popular demand posted:

*suddenly, without prompt*
"Vespidae is any of the nearly 5000 species of wasps, including all eusocial wasps..."
:v: You say something DumDum?
"Duh... wha?"
:v: never mind.

Oh totally on brand. :)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Smik posted:

OK. That made me think of this boss from an old arcade game:

Name: Xon
Team: Renegade Skulls
Role: Minor Character, only shows up in the games

Xon has never shown up in the cartoon or comics, but does show up in several of the games based off the series. Xon is usually seen as an early or mid-game boss, drinking crude oil from barrels for flame attacks and hurling them like a meaner Donkey Kong. His name is Exon in the Japanese versions of the game but changed to Xon for legal reasons.

In the Youxia Hero Monkeygirl games you have to time your hits to strike Xon while he's drinking, or knock the barrels back at him.

In the Dakka Smith Orkgirls, you need to shoot out the barrels while he's drinking or early in the throw -- shoot them too late and you take damage, so duck them instead.

For Wild Hero Catgirls, the drink time means you need to get ready to jump the stream of fire. Most characters can get in 3 hits before they need to dodge or move up/down to avoid the fire punch counter.

I never thought of annoying video game boss as a career but now that I think about it, it actually rules and I'm going to tell all the kids to do it. Thanks.

Anyway out of the previous ones, I liked snack bot and the baby Yoda juvenile koala slowly eating pages out of a cursed tome that now regrets its life choices best.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I want to be part of the Sleeping Bag With Legs superhero team

So ... with the rolls I got... the interpretation is gonna get a bit weird.

Name: CeeCee Inverse
Team: Mystic Hero Slimegirls
Role: Main Character (Doesn't do machines but she's the smart one)

CeeCee is the least combat-oriented of the mystic slime girls -- and that's because she doesn't have a gem or stone, but a hole. Not just any hole, we're not talking a bubble or a pore, it's more a hole in space-time. CeeCee is a portal. She's the least humanoid of the slime girls, but when you need to be in two places at the same time to use your special talents, you make sacrifices.

She's aware that one side of the portal looks like a mouth, but she would prefer you compare it to a sleeping bag. With legs, when she needs to move around. Given her rather liquid nature, this allows her to transport people, things, equipment and all sorts of stuff from one place to another. CeeCee once sent one half out to the ocean and then blasted the Skulls with a torrent of salt water.

Before you ask -- if she puts one part inside the other the portal just doesn't work, the two halves just merge, the universe doesn't implode or anything.

Intelligent, thoughtful and understanding, CeeCee tends to be the smoothing force on the team, helping bridge the gap between the girls' various quirks. When something needs to be solved diplomatically, she's the one they rely on.

CeeCee Inverse got her own spinoff puzzle game "Subway Slimegirl" in which you solved puzzles by breaking her down into pieces and plotting a portal route. This isn't something she can normally do but the writer's liked it and so in Season Four CeeCee learned how to split into multiple portals.

So someone else who saw this thought it was fetishy so I tried to fix that, I think trying to combo a sleeping bag with organics didn't work like I wanted

Smik fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Aug 22, 2023

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

eXXon posted:

I never thought of annoying video game boss as a career but now that I think about it, it actually rules and I'm going to tell all the kids to do it. Thanks.

Anyway out of the previous ones, I liked snack bot and the baby Yoda juvenile koala slowly eating pages out of a cursed tome that now regrets its life choices best.

Thanks, I like to know what hits/misses with people. Koala eat poisonous leaves so I figure they're so dumb that trying to corrupt them would backfire horribly.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

PinheadSlim posted:

Hell yeah make me a villain or monster, just please don't Hellraiser me that's too easy

If I can pick stuff though I'd like my character to be strong and non-binary :)

I have another pinhead in mind.

Name: Zippone the Megapin
Role: Minor Reoccurring Character

When the show needs someone to kick the crap out of the Royal Order but in a way that stays within the viewing guidelines AND is plausible for them to survive, it's usually Zippone the Megapin who does kicking. Eccentric to the point of being surreal (and occasionally incomprehensible) Zippone is not a killer and as such people just assume everything they do is more comedic cartoon violence than fractures and concussions.

Zippone firmly believes the Skulls are on the side of Good and that the Royal Order is a repressive regime. Come Season Three when the Skulls, Heroes and Order have to team up against threats and they start treating their opposition as misguided as opposed to evil.

While strong and skilled in melee combat, Zippone is still easily out-smarted or distracted and as such is only a minor threat to the heroes.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

beauty queen breakdown posted:

I'm here to be the one-off character nobody remembers until the reboot. Good, bad, or just the vegetable vendor.

I'll try, although I like how the character turned out.

Name: Breakdown Queen
Team: None, then Iga Goblins
Role: Minor Character (often background)

"Breakdown" Queen is primarily a background character -- whatever she's selling, it has no relevance and it's being sold to people completely unimportant to the plot. Sometimes she's shown selling the most ridiculous items, such as what appears to be a functional flamethrower to a kid at the fair, cotton candy to Velvet in episodes the Skulls aren't even featured, or what appeared to be oil to one of the Deki Deki bots (who are themselves vendors).

That is until one episode in Season Three where she actually calls over the Iga Goblins (and she never interacts with the heroes normally) and reveals critical information ... from a scene in which she was a background character.

She never does this again, although occasionally the Iga Goblins can be seen interacting with her as a background gag afterwards.

She's missing in the series reboot until Season Two where she can be spotted in the background. Fans speculate if they're going to do the same trick again.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
drat, you're a machine, Smik.

An art machine.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Tarquinn posted:

drat, you're a machine, Smik.

An art machine.

Almost as if you were not a human being but some magical hivemind possessing multiple bodies all working in tandem. But what are the odds of that?

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Almost as if you were not a human being but some magical hivemind possessing multiple bodies all working in tandem. But what are the odds of that?

If that were true I'd have made a game already and updated Mega Frankenstein. And updated my site more, I had meant to get a character profile up per day too. Or maybe not, depression screws with that.

But thank-you.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Smik posted:

I have another pinhead in mind.

Name: Zippone the Megapin

When the show needs someone to kick the crap out of the Royal Order but in a way that stays within the viewing guidelines AND is plausible for them to survive, it's usually Zippone the Megapin who does kicking. Eccentric to the point of being surreal (and occasionally incomprehensible) Zippone is not a killer and as such people just assume everything they do is more comedic cartoon violence than fractures and concussions.

Zippone firmly believes the Skulls are on the side of Good and that the Royal Order is a repressive regime. Come Season Three when the Skulls, Heroes and Order have to team up against threats and they start treating their opposition as misguided as opposed to evil.

While strong and skilled in melee combat, Zippone is still easily out-smarted or distracted and as such is only a minor threat to the heroes.

Hell yes I love Zippone :hellyeah:

Giving the Royal Order exploding cigars and smacking their heads with oversized wooden mallets

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 23, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Basic model:

Now available with classic polka dots!

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Smik posted:

Thanks, I like to know what hits/misses with people. Koala eat poisonous leaves so I figure they're so dumb that trying to corrupt them would backfire horribly.

I personally have a thing where I will instantly apply feedback mid-course and ruin my own train of thought, so I hesitate to express a critical opinion prematurely unless I know the person personally, but the character-making process is just an artist-paced "How It's Made" experience that I want to be an audience and enjoy. :allears:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Bogus Adventure posted:

This thread owns, and OP owns.

I know there's a long queue, but I'd be interested in joining the fray. Maybe as a surfer cuttlefish.

Works in perfectly for Team Tentacle.

Name: Bo Oventure
Team: Team Tentacle
Role: Main Character (Party Dude)

I'd say every team needs their one quirky character, but Team Tentacle is entirely built out of quirky characters. Bang's always on a date, Sibbi inadvertently freaks people out by insisting she's not an evil or insane creature who could tear them part (although she could, but she's not insane or evil), so Bo is the "quirky" character by being inexplicitly the most human-like in terms of personality and the least threatening overall (unless you're nervous around tentacles, in which case you are SOL when it comes to Team Tentacle).

She loves surfing, talks like a Valley Girl, and is extremely knowledgeable about surface culture -- maybe a bit too knowledgeable, one could say her understanding of surface life borders on an obsession. She also is the only one of Team Tentacle with a serious taste for pepperoni pizza -- the rest of the team either aren't interested in pizza or put extremely strange toppings on it, like seaweed & pineapple or fish roe and raw eggs.

Her 'surf board' is actually part of her and acts as a shield in combat, but also allows her to fly across wind currents as well.

Bo eventually gets a spin-off game called "Bo's Beach Bash" which was a series of combat beach sports including Volleyball but with an explosive, the real "Dead or Alive Volleyball"

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

:swoon:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Mistle posted:

I personally have a thing where I will instantly apply feedback mid-course and ruin my own train of thought, so I hesitate to express a critical opinion prematurely unless I know the person personally, but the character-making process is just an artist-paced "How It's Made" experience that I want to be an audience and enjoy. :allears:

I'm not quite sure what you mean? Like if you want the thought process into how I come up with things I can include it on their pages.

That's the stuff. How well known is Zippy these days? Like I knew of Zippy but haven't done a lot of reading.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Smik posted:

Works in perfectly for Team Tentacle.

Name: Bo Oventure
Team: Team Tentacle
Role: Main Character (Party Dude)

I'd say every team needs their one quirky character, but Team Tentacle is entirely built out of quirky characters. Bang's always on a date, Sibbi inadvertently freaks people out by insisting she's not an evil or insane creature who could tear them part (although she could, but she's not insane or evil), so Bo is the "quirky" character by being inexplicitly the most human-like in terms of personality and the least threatening overall (unless you're nervous around tentacles, in which case you are SOL when it comes to Team Tentacle).

She loves surfing, talks like a Valley Girl, and is extremely knowledgeable about surface culture -- maybe a bit too knowledgeable, one could say her understanding of surface life borders on an obsession. She also is the only one of Team Tentacle with a serious taste for pepperoni pizza -- the rest of the team either aren't interested in pizza or put extremely strange toppings on it, like seaweed & pineapple or fish roe and raw eggs.

Her 'surf board' is actually part of her and acts as a shield in combat, but also allows her to fly across wind currents as well.

Bo eventually gets a spin-off game called "Bo's Beach Bash" which was a series of combat beach sports including Volleyball but with an explosive, the real "Dead or Alive Volleyball"

I love it

Thank you :kimchi:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Smik posted:

That's the stuff. How well known is Zippy these days? Like I knew of Zippy but haven't done a lot of reading.

I know Zippy, but I also basically spent my teen years scouring the library for books of comics printed years before I was born, so I'm probably a bit outside the norm :v:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I only know of Zippy because of the Residents' Freakshow that led me to look up Schlitzy the Pinhead, who directly inspired Zippy.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

fartknocker posted:

Please be gentle and make me a minor, recurring ally.

I'll try.

Name: Fara Knockwood
Team: Power Pixies

Fara is a 'full size' ally of the Power Pixies, one of the (non-human) citizens of the city. While the pixies are small enough to infiltrate a lot of places undetected, having Fara sneak them in via her backpack or even her clothes is still a boon. Curious, oddly streetwise and charming, Fara keeps a pulse of the goings on and updates the Power Pixies accordingly.

In Season Two, Fara seems to bond with Flying Bear in a way that initially suggests she has a crush on him (which anyone could tell you is a lost cause). Then it turns out that she's been grappling with her sexuality and has been going to Flying Bear for advice. Some people might point out that going to Flying Bear for advice is also a lost cause but it turns out he does have some wisdom to pass along considering Fara is a lesbian and is trying to figure out how to come out to others.

Fara and Bear become good friends as they both enjoy the same comics and shows and discuss what fictional characters created what awakening. This occasionally annoys the others.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Smik posted:

I'll try.

Name: Fara Knockwood

Fara is a 'full size' ally of the Power Pixies, one of the (non-human) citizens of the city. While the pixies are small enough to infiltrate a lot of places undetected, having Fara sneak them in via her backpack or even her clothes is still a boon. Curious, oddly streetwise and charming, Fara keeps a pulse of the goings on and updates the Power Pixies accordingly.

In Season Two, Fara seems to bond with Flying Bear in a way that initially suggests she has a crush on him (which anyone could tell you is a lost cause). Then it turns out that she's been grappling with her sexuality and has been going to Flying Bear for advice. Some people might point out that going to Flying Bear for advice is also a lost cause but it turns out he does have some wisdom to pass along considering Fara is a lesbian and is trying to figure out how to come out to others.

Fara and Bear become good friends as they both enjoy the same comics and shows and discuss what fictional characters created what awakening. This occasionally annoys the others.

:hai:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Chunderstorm posted:

this is cool, OP, i wish you well in your artistic ventures

Thank you!

Name: Stormy Chun
Team: None

"Stormy" Chun is a gizzie operating out of the persona of "Gun Budda Chun". As a neutral character, she supplies everyone but the Legion with various firearms from modified toasters to salvaged Legion gear. She is seemingly killed in Season Four when her mech is found headless, only for her to reveal her true nature piloting the head around.

While she still remains a neutral party as far as clashes between the heroes, Skulls and Order are concerned, she becomes an active resistance fighter against the Legion and again in Season 6 against the threat of a corrupted Order.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

thatbastardken posted:

put me in, coach! I'm ready!

Maybe. Apparently your character is Alice's boyfriend.

Name: Ken Basleet
Team: Wild Hero Catgirls
Role: Minor character, romantic interest

So you might be asking yourself, "What kind of person would be romantically interested in Alice Teem, a mushroom obsessed vigilante who is probably hailing from a different world most of the time?"

OK, you might not. Maybe you dig her "Wonderland" aesthetic. Maybe you appreciate her access to mushrooms. Maybe you have a thing for catgirls, or maybe you ignore all good advice and do in fact put your stock in crazy. Let's rephrase: "What kind of person would be interested in a long-term relationship with mushroom obsessed, possibly insane and definitely odd Alice Teem?"

That would be Ken Basleet, Kyupileet "Leetie" the Dark Pixie's cousin. Mushroom expertise run in the family, but Ken is more focused in the identification, foraging and classification of mushrooms than he is growing or consuming them. Recruited by the Skulls to search for various kinds of mushrooms along with Leetie, Ken found himself falling for Alice after encountering her on an expedition for fungus.

Afterwards he left the Skulls to pursue Alice. You'd think that as a former Skull he'd be subjected to incredible scrutiny by the Wild Hero Catgirls and you'd be right but probably for the wrong reasons: they weren't seeing if he was a spy, they wanted him to make sure he knew what the hell he was getting into.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Is it too late to be made a monster?

Not at all. I'm trying to push through since in September I want to do a VN for the Spooktober VN Game Jam and I want to have these done before then.

Name: Seati Drew
Team: Lulu's Angels Team Tentacle
Role: Main Character (Leader)

Sea (most of the team call her Sea, only Knot calls her Captain Drew, only her mom calls her Seati) is the leader of the tentacle crew, and bears the brunt of Knot's irritation as a result. It doesn't help that she doesn't care too much about procedure and will ignore her duty to the Deep if it means doing the right thing. The tentacle tactician uses a combination of collected intelligence and gut instinct to lead the team and it's Sea who manages to pinpoint a Legion gateway and orchestrate its destruction in Season Three.

Sea's lack of discipline costs the team some of their funding during Season Two, to which she responds with even more flagrant disregard of the rules with improvised schemes, commandeering equipment and creating alliances with people on the surface.

In Season Four it turns out that's the kind of initiative the big boss likes and Sea gets promoted and access to better gear for the team.

Hey Team Tentacle's almost complete! There's still room for an "April" or "Casey" but we have our equivalents to Leo (Sea), Mikey (Bo), Don (Sibbi) and Raph (Bang).

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

lmao nice. pixies with giant girlfriends represent.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Come on Sea shes. Get it.

And by get I mean harpoon it.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Tarquinn posted:

Excellent. :3:

Please put me in as the dungeon's lich overlord with pet cat (scottish fold).

Liches don't exist in this setting but I'll do what I can.

Name: Tarquinn
Team: None/Power Pixies Season 5

Liches don't exist; the technology to provide immortality is scientific in nature, not eldritch. One of the aspects of eldritch influence is a state of continual flux, and immortality requires stasis. That said, a dremilin going by "Tarquinn" (probably not their original name) discovered an artefact site in the wilds and managed to penetrate its inner sanctum. There they discovered an ancient containment unit in which there was a small feline. Upon getting close, the systems surrounding said cat reactivated, the chamber opened and the cat stepped out to say hello.

There they discovered a log -- the original owner of the ancient site was tired of life but couldn't bear to leave their (unaging) cat alone, so instead placed the cat in stasis and quietly stumbled off the mortal coil. The one to find the cat would become his next keeper and inherit all the tech and power of the site.

Tarquinn immediate fell in love with the kitty and as the years passed and their genetic structure stabilized they became a kitch -- some sort of cat-based, unaging creature. So what does an immortal do with all their time? Shitpost on the Internet, look after said kitty, and play games from some unending repository of entertainment from the mists of time.

Leaving the chamber would end access to the life-extending technology and of course increase the risk of someone else finding said site, so for years they've just puttered about until one day being discovered by one of the Power Pixies. Initially uninterested in the events on the surface (after all, they had everything they could ever need in their chamber) they began to exchange artefacts in exchange for various favours. Sometimes it was an antique from the city they missed. Sometimes they asked for the dew from the mountains. Sometimes they just asked them to beat this one level in a game.

Eventually Tarquinn began to bond with the pixies and took a more active role in assisting them, becoming more and more generous with their boons.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Smik posted:

I hope you feel better soon! Hope this helps.

I'm far too dead inside to be able to draw any fetish on purpose. Some characters come out sexy but that's due to how RNG indicates to me how they should appear or if I want to do a shout-out to some old cartoons.

Speaking of the creation method... I am really going to have to bulk up my database to include the overall story arcs as they're coming out. It's getting awkward referring to earlier post to see who gets added when and why.

Name: Betty "The Wall" Wilkins
Team: Royal Order
Role: Major reoccurring character/Game Boss

Betty shows up midway through Season Three as the Royal Order as they get the idea from watching "Poison" Polly fight the Youxia Monkeys and Holly's growing effectiveness. Part of the same shadowy project that created Polly, Betty is assigned to be Polly's right hand after Fontaine's departure. Standing at over 7 ft/213 cm and wielding a massive powered Tower Shield that can generate a force shield, Betty often acts as a major boss in the Youxia Monkey game alongside Polly. While quite brilliant when it comes to maintaining Royal Order tech, Betty is rather introverted socially -- generally only interacting with Polly and often relying on her to communicate with the rest of the Order.

She speaks infrequently but when she does she tends to ramble on at length until Polly gives her a gentle poke, her favourite subjects seeming to be her shield tech, the law (although unlike Polly she's more focused on the letter and the implications) and insects. She's quite gentle despite her massive size and surprisingly quiet when she moves despite carrying a heavy load.

Like Polly, she begins to question the methods of the Order as they are told to bend, disregard or break their own laws, something that doesn't sit well with either of them. While Polly is more likely to bend the rules or act in the spirit rather than the letter of the law, Betty is more likely to act through loopholes or contradictions within the law and in later episodes is shown to be rather figuratively lethal in a courtroom situation.

In combat, quite simply you're not getting past her. Between her strength, endurance and shield generator she effectively lives up to her nickname of "The Wall" and the Monkeys find themselves having to take another route if she blocks them.

Oh what I'd give to have your artistic talent

Thanh you ❤️

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly, the world needs more cat hats, regardless of convoluted backstory.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

AEMINAL posted:

I want 2 killlll

You wound up part of the catgirls.

Name: Aeria Lanim
Role: Main Character

A natural when it comes to ambush combat and stealth, although her silence tends to carry over to her personal life as well. Intelligent but intensely introverted, Aeria tends to always be a little distant but not too distant -- always close by in the background. (Kinda like a normal cat in some cases).

She takes mission failures the hardest and is the most shaken when Go supposedly is killed, but she has a hard time opening up enough to get the help she needs. It's Alice who helps her deal with her demons with various kinds of therapies (and only one involved mushrooms). As a result, it is Aeria who in turn assists Master Grey with her own mental health.

Even after getting her to open up more, Aeria is still the quietest of the catgirls and even in the series she has the most appearances with the least lines. When she does talk it's often blunt and to the point; innocently offensive over any actual rudeness.

In her spare time she uses a cartoon avatar and does MST3K style commentary over live-streamed horror games, revealing a sunny disposition, off-beat sense of humour and a trilling laugh which comes out while she talks out loud and not directly to other people. This catches the rest of the catgirls off-guard when they discover it, but try as they might the 'streamer' part of her personality will not come out to play unless it's just her and her rig.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

AEMINAL posted:

Oh what I'd give to have your artistic talent

Thanh you ❤️

If you're willing to give 40 years of your life for practice then it's no problem. Or less of a problem. Your character just gone done, BTW.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've got a couple of cat hats (I'm assuming you mean hats for cats and not hats that make you look like a cat) but my cat does not appreciate them and it's hard to get a picture.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Here you go, a cat wearing a cat wizard hat (made out of the same cat):

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I was referring to hats for cats, which I'm on board for, but I am not currently prepared to deal with the more recursive concept of hats made up of the cats for which they also exist :catstare:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Smik posted:

Liches don't exist in this setting but I'll do what I can.

Name: Tarquinn
Team: None/Power Pixies Season 5

Liches don't exist; the technology to provide immortality is scientific in nature, not eldritch. One of the aspects of eldritch influence is a state of continual flux, and immortality requires stasis. That said, a dremilin going by "Tarquinn" (probably not their original name) discovered an artefact site in the wilds and managed to penetrate its inner sanctum. There they discovered an ancient containment unit in which there was a small feline. Upon getting close, the systems surrounding said cat reactivated, the chamber opened and the cat stepped out to say hello.

There they discovered a log -- the original owner of the ancient site was tired of life but couldn't bear to leave their (unaging) cat alone, so instead placed the cat in stasis and quietly stumbled off the mortal coil. The one to find the cat would become his next keeper and inherit all the tech and power of the site.

Tarquinn immediate fell in love with the kitty and as the years passed and their genetic structure stabilized they became a kitch -- some sort of cat-based, unaging creature. So what does an immortal do with all their time? Shitpost on the Internet, look after said kitty, and play games from some unending repository of entertainment from the mists of time.

Leaving the chamber would end access to the life-extending technology and of course increase the risk of someone else finding said site, so for years they've just puttered about until one day being discovered by one of the Power Pixies. Initially uninterested in the events on the surface (after all, they had everything they could ever need in their chamber) they began to exchange artefacts in exchange for various favours. Sometimes it was an antique from the city they missed. Sometimes they asked for the dew from the mountains. Sometimes they just asked them to beat this one level in a game.

Eventually Tarquinn began to bond with the pixies and took a more active role in assisting them, becoming more and more generous with their boons.

Goddamn.... :kimchi:

Super creative, as usual. Genuinely impressive.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

I love goblins but feel free to make whatever you want

Well the Iga Goblins need their fourth so...

Name: Hannah Dredd
Team: Iga Goblins

Physically the weakest of the Iga Goblins in terms of raw combat power, Hannah also has the quietest tread and nimblest fingers. She's also a great judge of character and can read people well, all of which combines to make her the Iga's scout. She and Rocky work extremely well together -- they're both difficult to spot and capable of navigating all kinds of angles, but where Rocky is a hit-and-run assassin, Hannah is far more personable -- well at least in terms of violence. While nowhere near as charismatic as Harriet, Hannah is a considerably better pick pocket and is still charming enough to keep whoever she's dealing with distracted.

Hannah's also a capable street magician in terms of tricks of sleight-of-hand, but she considers that sort of performance beneath her (not that she won't do it if it helps in whatever job she's on). She also considers common thievery beneath her as well, so she reminds you again she is a scout. She doesn't do heists. Infiltration yes, heists no.

Come Season Three, Hannah is forced to take her offence more seriously as the stakes begin to rise. Thankfully she's able to pick up a lot from Rocky as they work together so often and use a lot of the same techniques anyway.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

I feel....really.....really bad walking in here with the username I've got. I mean, with a bunch of teen catgirls and all, like......that would make for such a weird concept for a bad guy.....

.....I should have never posted this.

e: yes I still want one

Not an issue, you rolled a gay male April equivalent for the Wild Hero Catgirls.

So no, he's not missing arms he's just got them folded over the poncho thing I've decided goblins wear. If it looks odd it's my fault, but I'm not sure how else to depict it.

Name: Obgin Ken
Role: Major Reoccurring Character (April)

Alice and company saved Obgin while he was out gathering wild herbs and supplies. He's a practitioner of traditional goblin medicine which under normal circumstances might be a red flag for people except that modern medicine within the city is streamlined for humans, making him a valuable resource for its sizeable non-human population.

When your team's composed of outlaws (in the 80's cartoon I don't think they ever bothered to explain where the Turtles got money from; I would assume they took it off the bad guys they took down when nobody was looking) it's pretty important to have a doctor you can trust and that is Obgin Ken for the Wild Hero Catgirls, especially since his practice focuses on non-humans.

Any romantic possibility for Alice (she likes mushroom-touchers) was quickly shot down when Obgin is spotted getting picked up at the Spectrum.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

eXXon posted:

Here you go, a cat wearing a cat wizard hat (made out of the same cat):

I should do the same with mine sometime.

Tarquinn posted:

Goddamn.... :kimchi:

Super creative, as usual. Genuinely impressive.

Thanks, I never know what will hit or miss when I create these characters -- which is kind of the point. Throw out as many concepts as possible and just see what sticks. Not sure what I'll do with all these characters at the end but hey, it's kinda fun to imagine what their show would have been like.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Buddy_Cthulhu posted:

Hm, how about sentient artifact macguffin important to the monsters, ala The Ancient Spirits of Evil or the Sword of Plundar, but with an inexplicably upbeat personality.

Well already rolled up the Skull's artefact but I'll see what I can do.

Name: Shuuby Nooby Rath "But you can call me 'Buddy'!"
Role: Mentor

The Power Pixies are from another world on a mission to help fight the Legion, and it means that they require elements from their home. One such element includes a sort of living computer/contact with mission control entity called Shuuby Nooby Rath -- but you can call them "Buddy". They've been called a lot of things -- something goat something lotta kids, something goat something in the woods -- and while it's true that they do manipulate the area and alter it and that can be a bit creepy, and sometimes it creates mutations, and sometimes the stuff that grows there can have quite the effect on one's mind... no, they are not some kind of cosmic horror.

Buddy is cheerful and enthusiastic, perhaps overly so as this tone doesn't change even when the subject is gruesome or horrifying.

Buddy was almost destroyed by the Legion but when Delilah Alarune became the new base of operations, they were able to bind with her and rebuild the Pixie's base. Without Buddy, the world's influence would alter the pixies irrecoverably and they could lose their powers.

In Season 4, Buddy learns that their influence on the world leaves a mark in the form of a sort of eldritch pollution, and begins to keep a more environmentally friendly mindset. Yes, some magic is worse for the environment than others and if it isn't cleaned up it can cause problems and Season 4 marks the start of clean-up missions for the pixies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

Hi, I'd be very happy to be included. Lady-type if possible.

The Wild Hero Catgirls needed their 4th and that's what you rolled.

Name: "Hannya" Beatrice

Season One, Masked

Season One, Unmasked

Season Two, Cured

The leader of the Wild Hero Catgirls is "Hannya" Beatrice. Captured by Legion and experimented on, Bea was rescued by Master Grey. Cursed by the experiment and ashamed at her appearance, Bea kept her face masked most of the time, only taking it off when facing Legion as her bite has the power to infect them (when she didn't just snap clean through their bones).

Master Grey allowed Bea to take her revenge so she could learn how empty it would be and how little it would change.

Obgin Ken in the meantime has been working on curing her condition -- part of the cure required Bea to realize the pointless of revenge and to obtain some level of peace with herself. Achieving her revenge left her despondent and lost she was finally willing to embrace Master Grey's teaching and cleanse her mind of hate. At the end of Season One she is able to overcome her curse.

The real reason for changing her design was marketing of course. "Hannya" Bea would get progressively season to season, and this was then incorporated so her appearance would change based on her mental state -- angry Hannya gets face-eating teeth, happy Hannya gets cute. One of her toys comes with multiple faces you can attach as well as bigger claws.