Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Oh poo poo I never shifted this league to be a FAAB waiver system. Sorry fellas, I hosed up. Looks like being last place is REALLY beneficial now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Looks like my Kelce pick is going perfect so far?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Snowmankilla posted:

Looks like my Kelce pick is going perfect so far?

Who hit you with a shell already?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Haha. I more meant that I don’t have to decide to be good or bad if Kelce (and Walker now?) don’t play. 8th place for me!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Who's tanking, who's trying?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Vargo posted:

Who's tanking, who's trying?

I think we're playing each other. I'm still rooting for a win though, despite benching my top picks. Week 1 feels the most dangerous to end up getting shelled, so a loss seems acceptable.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I personally was trying. But my team is tanking. Also as an aside, I cannot trade anyone my player that has a torn Achilles, correct?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Snowmankilla posted:

I personally was trying. But my team is tanking. Also as an aside, I cannot trade anyone my player that has a torn Achilles, correct?

Nope, the rule is tha players must be at least "Questionable." That is... a tough break

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

That’s what I thought. Fun times.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Luigi's Death Stare gonna lose JJ because of the Cowboys D haha

This league has me so confused in terms of what to root for. Really want to be a couple weeks in and middle of the pack so I can just start my guys.

Skyy Moore for Jefferson is catastrophic.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

Luigi's Death Stare gonna lose JJ because of the Cowboys D haha

This league has me so confused in terms of what to root for. Really want to be a couple weeks in and middle of the pack so I can just start my guys.

Skyy Moore for Jefferson is catastrophic.

Not how I planned it but hey :shrug:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Waaahhh is trying. Figure I'd be anywhere but 1st place in a given week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Not how I planned it but hey :shrug:

Oh yeah, didn't mean to imply you did anything wrong. Just realizing what a sick and perverted league this is.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

Oh yeah, didn't mean to imply you did anything wrong. Just realizing what a sick and perverted league this is.

Oh no, it’s all good. We signed up for this madness after all. ;)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I wanted to try to land somewhere in mid range and instead completely tanked! I will enjoy my certified pre-owned Justin Jefferson though.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

I wanted to try to land somewhere in mid range and instead completely tanked! I will enjoy my certified pre-owned Justin Jefferson though.

Jefferson/Chase tandem is wild.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

I think you'd rather have the Dallas D. They did score almost triple what Jefferson did. Who doesn't steal the person who scored the most? Some person who doesn't know strategy, that's who. :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

Jefferson/Chase tandem is wild.

I have that in one of my leagues (and Tua!) (auction). I still lost yesterday. :(

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I have decided that as penance for forgetting to switch the league to a FAAB setting that I'm not going to use my waiver priority this week, though.

This format works okay with standings waiver but getting the shell AND first priority makes last place a very enviable spot. It really works better as FAAB (as all leagues do)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

I have decided that as penance for forgetting to switch the league to a FAAB setting that I'm not going to use my waiver priority this week, though.

This format works okay with standings waiver but getting the shell AND first priority makes last place a very enviable spot. It really works better as FAAB (as all leagues do)

Personally, I don't care if you do switch it, it's still early and this league is experimental anyway. I'm good either way.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah if ESPN still allows the change, I'd say just do it.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
It doesn't, that's the problem. At least not in the options I saw.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

It doesn't, that's the problem. At least not in the options I saw.

I thought you could but apparently not after you draft.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
drat blue shell. :argh:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
The blue shell claims its first victim, as I get the deal of a century on a barely-used Justin Jefferson for the low low price of one Skyy Moore. (and also there's 20 points between me and the next-lowest person.)

Remember, you do not have to start Skyy, but you cannot drop or trade him for at least one week.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Silly Burrito posted:

drat blue shell. :argh:

I would encourage you to enjoy all these Jalen Hurts points while you still have him.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
In a fun turn of events, all four 1-0 teams are playing each other this week, so one of them is guaranteed to be shelled.

In the bottom half, it's a free-for-all.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

I would encourage you to enjoy all these Jalen Hurts points while you still have him.

Ever saw Looper? Have a feeling my team may look like that over the season.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Just remembered this in my other league so I wanted to declare it here early: You cannot throw a shell if you've been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

I don't think that's going to be an issue in this league for a long long time though

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Does the shell waste, or move to the 7th place team?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Snowmankilla posted:

Does the shell waste, or move to the 7th place team?

Moves to next eligible person then. So the last few weeks of play get REALLY interesting.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I am genuinely curious how this shell goes, there are so many targets on Silly Burrito's team. I know what I would do, but there might be a different take.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Snowmankilla posted:

Ha. I’ll be happy to not be in the 6-7.

Just quoting this as I settle into 7th.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
And it's Toad Gurley throwing the shell at Luigi's Death Stare (aka Silly Burrito)!

Silly Burrito is not allowed to drop/trade any players until after the shell trade is posted, Toad Gurley has until 9:00 PM EST tonight to do so, otherwise they lose the shell and Rainbow Road Warriors will be able to steal from them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

And it's Toad Gurley throwing the shell at Luigi's Death Stare (aka Silly Burrito)!

Silly Burrito is not allowed to drop/trade any players until after the shell trade is posted, Toad Gurley has until 9:00 PM EST tonight to do so, otherwise they lose the shell and Rainbow Road Warriors will be able to steal from them.

Trade made. I’m jumping over that drat shell next week.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
You won week 1, got shelled, then won week 2? Impressive

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Zack posted:

You won week 1, got shelled, then won week 2? Impressive

Stupid is more like it. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I realize the odds of this are really small, but what happens if two teams end up having a tie for the lowest score?

Personally, I think the two shells would hit each other and the first place team would drive way laughing like Wario.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Silly Burrito posted:

I realize the odds of this are really small, but what happens if two teams end up having a tie for the lowest score?

Personally, I think the two shells would hit each other and the first place team would drive way laughing like Wario.

If this happens I think we have to implement some sort of Bob-Omb penalty where everyone in the bottom half loses a player or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Silly Burrito projected for an unfathomable 3rd straight shelling...