Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
My sample size is obviously only one...but Silly Burrito you just feel like a crazy anomaly to me. Nobody should be able to lose as many guys as you have and still be in first, and yet you keep managing to do it. I think a more typical outcome would be anyone that lost multiple players to the blue shell is likely to drop down out of first and not continue to lose players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah, I see each week as a lap and the season as the whole race. I can't imagine losing 8 quality players and still kicking rear end, so be proud of that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Oh it makes me laugh, honestly. I’ve played in some weird leagues before, so it’s all good.

Looking at the standings, I think I’m pretty much going to lose a ninth player next week too.

Which will make the first round playoff exit all that more inevitable 😄

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Vargo, just curious, what’s the record in your other league for most blue shells in a season?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Silly Burrito posted:

Vargo, just curious, what’s the record in your other league for most blue shells in a season?

I have a guy who's about to receive his sixth of the year, tying last year's record.

That league also has a few extra shells because it's not made up of fantasy diehards like this one, so as a reminder to set lineups, we set a "green shell" penalty: If you start an ineligible player in your lineup, your opponent gets to shell one of your players there next week.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Speaking of my other league, we were tossing around the idea of "spite playoffs" where when you lose in playoffs, you can shell a player from the team that beat you on your way out the door.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No shell for me after all :dance:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I don't think that's a legal trade - Warren wasn't in his starting lineup so he's not eligible to be acquired.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

I don't think that's a legal trade - Warren wasn't in his starting lineup so he's not eligible to be acquired.

The way I look at it, that wasn't a blue shell trade. My obligation ended at 9PM. That trade was initiated at 9:23PM. I would actually prefer Achane over Warren, so I accepted it. Works for me.

I'll reverse it if the commish wants, but I'm fine with it.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I guess the two of you agreed to do this instead? That seems fine to me in principle, but...

I think that means that second last place (me) gets to blue shell Toad Gurley - if I'm reading the rules right. The blue shell is supposed to be thrown.

If Toad didn't realize that I'd be fine with them getting another chance to shell.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

I guess the two of you agreed to do this instead? That seems fine to me in principle, but...

I think that means that second last place (me) gets to blue shell Toad Gurley - if I'm reading the rules right. The blue shell is supposed to be thrown.

If Toad didn't realize that I'd be fine with them getting another chance to shell.

Toad sent the offer after my time limit expired, so I accepted it because it's a trade I would want. But yeah, the way I see it, you get to shell Toad.

Vargo posted:

TUESDAYS ARE SHELL DAYS. The manager in last place MUST throw their shell (propose the trade) before 10:00 PM EST/7:00 PM PST on Tuesday night, in order to give the manager in first place an opportunity to use the waiver wire.

IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR TRADE:
Your shell is considered forfeit for the week. The first-place manager is now safe.
The manager above you (in second-to-last place) now has 24 hours to force a trade to steal one of your players.

The League Commissioner is responsible for accepting and pushing through all shell-trades as soon as possible.

Seems cut and dried to me, but I won't be a dick if Toad didn't want to make the trade. But I don't get shelled either way.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Silly Burrito posted:

The way I look at it, that wasn't a blue shell trade. My obligation ended at 9PM. That trade was initiated at 9:23PM. I would actually prefer Achane over Warren, so I accepted it. Works for me.

I'll reverse it if the commish wants, but I'm fine with it.

The only problem here is that if this is a normal trade and not a shell, then that means the second-to-last place team (Bullet Hill) is now eligible to take a player from Dr. Donkeypunch's team since he didn't throw before deadline.

However, I'm not going to be a dick over 23 minutes, so I'm going to leave it up to Donkeypunch. If that's meant as a shell, it's an ineligible one and it has to be reversed and you have to choose a new one. (You could make a separate trade for Warren afterwards though)

If Donkeypunch wants it to stand as a normal trade, it can stand but now he can potentially get shelled.

I'm going to bed so you have until tomorrow morning to tell me which it is, otherwise I'm calling it a regular trade.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 22, 2023

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Okay it's been long enough, I'm calling it a normal trade. Gobias you are free to shell.

EDIT: Let me know in here or PMs what the shell trade is so I can push it through manually in time for tomorrow's games if I have to.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 22, 2023

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Well this is a great development for me.

Lot of good options on Toad's team but I think Kelce is the biggest overall upgrade to my roster even if he's not the best guy available. Just sent Engram for Kelce.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Well this is a great development for me.

Lot of good options on Toad's team but I think Kelce is the biggest overall upgrade to my roster even if he's not the best guy available. Just sent Engram for Kelce.

It's getting late and tomorrow's Thanksgiving so I can't guarantee I'd be available in the morning - I just made this happen manually.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Did we get a shell yet today? It's Donkeypunch shelling Silly Burrito again. Like Groundhog's Day.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

Did we get a shell yet today? It's Donkeypunch shelling Silly Burrito again. Like Groundhog's Day.

Yep, he just sent it. That’s eight blue shells.

I looked at his team and I have no idea how he’s last. Almost every player would be an upgrade for me.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 29, 2023

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don’t understand how my team in this league has failed so miserably.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ugh. I screwed up. I did not want to leave LaPorta in my TE spot and I forgot to swap them out. And it cost me. That’s probably going to hurt me the most.

Oh that and the nine friggin blue shells. 😬

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I started sitting people to save them and then my team forgot how to win. So you are probably doing it correctly!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
At least with all this I’m locked into the playoffs. Might be a first round exit but I’m there. 😄

I’m guessing if you’re not, this is not the week to sit anyone. Do or die baby.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Heads up to everyone that it's actually a 15 week regular season because it's only a 4 team playoff (weeks 16 and 17)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

Heads up to everyone that it's actually a 15 week regular season because it's only a 4 team playoff (weeks 16 and 17)

And only 2 spots are left!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Yeah I don’t understand how my team in this league has failed so miserably.

Live look at the Toad Gurley locker room:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Silly Burrito posted:

Ugh. I screwed up. I did not want to leave LaPorta in my TE spot and I forgot to swap them out. And it cost me. That’s probably going to hurt me the most.

Oh that and the nine friggin blue shells. 😬

Yeah, it's gonna cost you. It's gonna cost you... Sam LaPorta.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Lol I was up 26 with Tyreek against Saquon and Miami D in a matchup I desperately want to win, and Team Waah wants to lose.

And now my lead is already down to 1 and Tyreek is hurt.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Gobias Ind. posted:

Lol I was up 26 with Tyreek against Saquon and Miami D in a matchup I desperately want to win, and Team Waah wants to lose.

And now my lead is already down to 1 and Tyreek is hurt.

Lol there it is, looks like I'm getting shelled tomorrow. I've been doing a great job of staying at #2.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Zack posted:

Lol there it is, looks like I'm getting shelled tomorrow. I've been doing a great job of staying at #2.

it's all yours friend.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Hooray, Tyreek came back and got me enough.

Sorry Silly Burrito.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Oh poo poo, lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Eff it, what’s another? Gimme ten blue shells for this season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If I get anywhere close to winning this league y’all should be ashamed. 😁

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Will there be a blue shelling after this week?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Zack posted:

Will there be a blue shelling after this week?

If we’re going by these rules, yes.

Vargo posted:

If we're an eight-person league, I'm thinking two-week playoffs, top four go in. Week One is normal (including shell). Week 2 (championship), both teams have to bench a player determined by the week one losers.

Still working this part out.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Silly Burrito posted:

If we’re going by these rules, yes.

Ah, missed that. Thanks

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Did we not get a shell yesterday?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

Did we not get a shell yesterday?

Don't think so. Wondering if Koopa Kupp realized that it was their turn to shell because Toad Gurley is no longer eligible.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Nope. I’m good with that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I do have a question. If next week we still have a shell, but only the last place team that is still alive can throw a shell, you’re essentially going to have #4 throwing a shell at #1 and then immediately playing that player against #1 that week.

Do I have that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Silly Burrito posted:

I do have a question. If next week we still have a shell, but only the last place team that is still alive can throw a shell, you’re essentially going to have #4 throwing a shell at #1 and then immediately playing that player against #1 that week.

Do I have that right?

CHAOS!

(so yes)