Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I might get a blue shell then!

Come onnn Cinderella run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ah, I wasn’t aware that I was supposed to have the shell. I guess we’re outside of the window so good luck to whoever gets to take Dak from me I guess

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, it is 9:01PM CST on Monday, December 18th, and I AM THROWING A BLUE SHELL!

Why? Well, last week (Week 14), a shell was not thrown. By the rules, the manager in last place must throw their shell at first place before Tuesday at 9:00PM CST. If they do not, then the first place manager is now safe. Then the seventh place team has 24 hours to throw a shell at the eighth place team. Their deadline is 9PM CST Wednesday.

Using these rules, if a shell is not thrown in those 24 hours, then the sixth place team must throw the shell at the seventh place team by 9PM Thursday.
If not, fifth must throw at sixth by 9PM Friday.
Barring that, fourth must throw a shell at fifth by 9PM Saturday.
Absent that, then third must throw a shell at fourth by 9PM Sunday.
If they don't, second must throw a shell on third by 9PM CST Monday.

If not, then first has until 9PMCST Tuesday to throw a shell at second place. But I'm not waiting that long, I'm cashing it in NOW.

Last week, I was in first place, and Team Waaahhh was in second place.

Team Waaahhh's lineup for Week 14:

My team's lineup for Week 14:

Therefore, I'm sending my blue shell to Team Waaahhh to trade Gus Edwards for Kyren Williams. :)

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I very much did not know I could have thrown a shell Sunday. I guess I am reading those rules wrong.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
:stare:

Waaahhh!!!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Snowmankilla posted:

I very much did not know I could have thrown a shell Sunday. I guess I am reading those rules wrong.

I would call this a very creative reading of the rules but one I'm absolutely going to allow, Silly Burrito has earned this.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

I would call this a very creative reading of the rules but one I'm absolutely going to allow, Silly Burrito has earned this.

:dance:

I’ve been waiting all year to finally throw one.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Heck yeah, 5 straight wins to get into the playoffs.

Feel like this all went pretty well for me, mostly by accident. Didn't get shelled, used the shell twice, and got into the playoffs.

Now I need Tyreek back.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Vargo posted:

Ok, I'll accept the trade. He's earned it.

Besides, I'll just get Kyren back next week if we both win. :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Zack posted:

Ok, I'll accept the trade. He's earned it.

Besides, I'll just get Kyren back next week if we both win. :colbert:

No shells in championship week 2, theoretically, but there are shenanigans:

Vargo posted:

If we're an eight-person league, I'm thinking two-week playoffs, top four go in. Week One is normal (including shell). Week 2 (championship), both teams have to bench a player determined by the week one losers.

Always shenanigans 😁

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

So....for some more shenanigans...

We're past 10 eastern. If I understand right, I think 4th place (Rainbow Road Warriors) was supposed to shell Silly Burrito. But he didn't.

Which means 3rd place (me) gets to shell Rainbow Road Warriors.

Is that right?

If so I'd like to trade Brock Purdy for Josh Allen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

We're past 10 eastern. If I understand right, I think 4th place (Rainbow Road Warriors) was supposed to shell Silly Burrito. But he didn't.

Is that right?

Dammit, I was hoping to get one last shell in. :) Good job.

I had almost posted earlier about how I thought Rainbow Road Warriors might not want to shell me. Most of their week 15 lineup is basically better than mine at every position, IMO. It would've been a disadvantage, really.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 20, 2023

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

wtf? Where does it say that on the rules? I’m not in last place?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Teams that are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs are not eligible to shell. So it's the lowest placed team that is still alive.

Toad Gurley hasn't shelled the last couple weeks despite being in 8th because they had been eliminated from contention.

Vargo posted:

Just remembered this in my other league so I wanted to declare it here early: You cannot throw a shell if you've been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

I don't think that's going to be an issue in this league for a long long time though

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Snowmankilla posted:

wtf? Where does it say that on the rules? I’m not in last place?

Talked about this last week too. You’re #4.

Silly Burrito posted:

I do have a question. If next week we still have a shell, but only the last place team that is still alive can throw a shell, you’re essentially going to have #4 throwing a shell at #1 and then immediately playing that player against #1 that week.

Do I have that right?

Vargo posted:

CHAOS!

(so yes)

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

That is rough that I miss out on a shell bc instead of being in the rules on page 1, I needed to notice that from pages 2 and 5 while we are on page 6. Feels like bullshit to me but whatever. We are making this up as we go along I guess. If this was a money league I would be pissed about the randomness of the rules.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Snowmankilla posted:

That is rough that I miss out on a shell bc instead of being in the rules on page 1, I needed to notice that from pages 2 and 5 while we are on page 6. Feels like bullshit to me but whatever. We are making this up as we go along I guess. If this was a money league I would be pissed about the randomness of the rules.

I get where you’re coming from but the whole idea of this league is chaos and player swapping. It’s also been discussed quite a few times in the thread, it’s not like this is new.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah it's the inaugural season of a chaos league, it was always likely that there would be some hiccups or unforeseen situations that were not immediately addressed in the initial ruleset. It's just a free league to experiment and get weird.

I get your frustration but also these rules have been applied the last few weeks as well, this isn't completely out of nowhere.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I agree with all of those points, and accepted the trade but I wish I would have known I had a shell. I also would have been pumped to throw my first shell. We have weeks where the shell was thrown late and everyone is ok with it, but on the confusion of the postseason a bit of a heads up would have been nice vs the 10:11 fastest shell ever. But I get why no one is feeling bad for my commanding team on a *checks notes* 5 game losing streak.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Sorry for disappearing from commishionership during the most wild time of playoffs, my dad was hospitalized and I had a bunch of stuff to deal with.

Snowmankilla posted:

This is my bad, I updated it in the rules document I keep in Google Docs, but I just realized I never updated the OP, nor did I share that Google Doc here.

The idea behind the "no eliminated players" rule was to force people to compete a little more early on, as opposed to just making themselves go 0-8 and then mounting a late-season assault.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Is that right?

I'll be honest, I did not expect the rolling-snowball effect of the missed shells, but I like this idea and this loophole.

One thing I might add next year is a rule limiting how many times you can consecutively throw the shell, like you can't throw more than three in a row, so it's not one person throwing forever.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yeah it's the inaugural season of a chaos league, it was always likely that there would be some hiccups or unforeseen situations that were not immediately addressed in the initial ruleset. It's just a free league to experiment and get weird.

I get your frustration but also these rules have been applied the last few weeks as well, this isn't completely out of nowhere.

Thanks everyone for being cool about it, I have a lot of fun with this idea and where it developed, I was really happy to play with some moderate-to-serious-fantasy-players to watch how this went down as opposed to a more mixed/casual crowd.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

Sorry for disappearing from commishionership during the most wild time of playoffs, my dad was hospitalized and I had a bunch of stuff to deal with.

Dude, take care of your family first. That’s more important than anything else. Hope he’s ok.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Silly Burrito posted:

Dude, take care of your family first. That’s more important than anything else. Hope he’s ok.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Thanks, crew.

Giant-rear end shell in my house: My father was supposed to get a bone marrow biopsy back in February to see why his immune system is weakened. He did not do this.

What he did do was go on a cross-country motorcycle trek where he picked up a mysterious bacterial infection from inhaling dirt in the desert. That infection on his weak immune system has led to pneumonia and put him in the hospital.

Top it all off, right before he got sick, he decided to sell his house and wanted to live out the rest of the year in his RV, meaning he's been technically homeless while being in the hospital.

He's doing better now and I've at least secured an apartment for when he's discharged but loving dads, man.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

Thanks, crew.

Giant-rear end shell in my house: My father was supposed to get a bone marrow biopsy back in February to see why his immune system is weakened. He did not do this.

What he did do was go on a cross-country motorcycle trek where he picked up a mysterious bacterial infection from inhaling dirt in the desert. That infection on his weak immune system has led to pneumonia and put him in the hospital.

Top it all off, right before he got sick, he decided to sell his house and wanted to live out the rest of the year in his RV, meaning he's been technically homeless while being in the hospital.

He's doing better now and I've at least secured an apartment for when he's discharged but loving dads, man.

Yikes. I’m sorry to hear that. Do whatever you have to do, no worries at all.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Man, both games were awesome games......but we got ourselves a Super Bowl. Me vs. The Zack. Hell yeah :hfive:

9 Shells and a Super Bowl berth.....:dance:

Good luck to you!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Hell yeah, let's do it!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

The Chiefs (and Amari Cooper) really screwed me. GG Zack.

But I gotta root for Silly Burrito because for him to somehow win the whole thing would be hilarious and would really capture how dumb this game we all love is.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

The Chiefs (and Amari Cooper) really screwed me. GG Zack.

But I gotta root for Silly Burrito because for him to somehow win the whole thing would be hilarious and would really capture how dumb this game we all love is.

:tipshat: Thank you!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Honestly? I'm kinda rooting for him, too

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Zack posted:

Honestly? I'm kinda rooting for him, too

Welllllll, you can help with that…. ;) Nah, just kidding. Balls to the wall my friend.

Vargo, how’s this last week work? Do they just choose any player and we have to bench them?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 26, 2023

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Silly Burrito posted:

Welllllll, you can help with that…. ;) Nah, just kidding. Balls to the wall my friend.

Vargo, how’s this last week work? Do they just choose any player and we have to bench them?

Yeah, your former opponent gets to pick someone to make you bench.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

Yeah, your former opponent gets to pick someone to make you bench.

Gotcha. Just let me know, Snowmankilla.

Suggestion for next year’s Super Bowl: While the former opponents get to choose who you bench, the Super Bowl opponents themselves get to choose one uninjured player on the other team’s week 16 roster that they have to play.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Silly Burrito posted:

Gotcha. Just let me know, Snowmankilla.

Suggestion for next year’s Super Bowl: While the former opponents get to choose who you bench, the Super Bowl opponents themselves get to choose one uninjured player on the other team’s week 16 roster that they have to play.

Nacua it is! Good luck!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Snowmankilla posted:

Nacua it is! Good luck!

drat. Good pick. Help me Nico, you’re my only hope.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

This feels means and bad when there's no benefit to me...but it feels like in the spirit of the league I've gotta pick CMC

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Don't feel bad, embrace the spite!

Thank you for everything, CMC :love:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

lol Silly Burrito is just gonna go wire to wire. Incredible.

Zack you could have just scored 70 points last week instead! Rude.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Holy poo poo

I won!!!! Holy poo poo I WON.

Shiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt

Holy poo poo!!!!!!!!

9 blue shells hit me, and it was the only one I threw that completely changed the game.

Holy poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game, The Zack. You are an awesome opponent.

I can’t freakin’ believe it. This makes me so happy. :dance:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Awesome league Vargo. Fun concept, great people in this league and thread, it’s all good. Can’t wait for next year.

:psyboom: holy poo poo I have a grin like this 😁 and I don’t think it’s coming off soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Congrats, Silly Burrito. I didn't throw the game!