Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

Of course DK Metcalf is going to have a career night tonight, of course!!!

And Lamb will probably still end with more points for you. They just feed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

WampaLord posted:

Of course DK Metcalf is going to have a career night tonight, of course!!!

Yep. Got wrecked by him in my main league.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That Evans bomb TD is gonna cost me the game but I don't mind

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Well I have officially given up. Last few weeks one win, a close loss, a beatdown, and then today I may score less than 50 points. Burn it all down, salt the ashes and start over

Play fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 4, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Not much drama going into the final regular season game other than seeding. All 6 playoff spots have been claimed.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I may be limping into the playoffs, but in Week 6 I traded Sam LaPorte for De'Von Achane because I already had Travis Kelce. Achane then immediately got injured. Well guess who's back just in time for the playoffs!

Wooooooooo yeahhhhhhhhh, gonna make the playoffs at 7-7 and be the N.Y. Giants of this league.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 5, 2023

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Not much drama going into the final regular season game other than seeding. All 6 playoff spots have been claimed.

Yeah my loss combined with DrewBreesMoonCheese's win means I'm eliminated. :smith:

On the plus side I got beaten so badly I don't have to agonize about having made the wrong sit/start decisions

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Smart move taking the bye week off. Get those starters rested.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Smart move taking the bye week off. Get those starters rested.

The boys appreciate a week off.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lmao that's awesome

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Let’s go RB Discount Depot!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Big Jesus posted:

Let’s go RB Discount Depot!

I just need 23 points from *checks notes* Tyler Lockett, gently caress

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That LaPorte for Achane trade turned out to be a disaster for me. When I made it, I had a bunch of high-performing WRs, so that flex spot seemed easy to fill out, and my big weakness was RBs. But then Achane got hurt and my WRs either got hurt or turned into non-factors and the waiver wire was so bare every week. I wound up playing 3 RBs, and it's pretty clear since we're playing each other. If I'd just kept LaPorte, he could have been my flex instead of your TE, and I might have won this week.

But eh, who could have predicted. At the time it was a trade for two surprising rookies who'd both put up great numbers and I had Travis Kelce, so what do I need with another TE? Not looking it up, but now that I think about it, I bet RBs are a lot more likely to get injured than TEs.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

PostNouveau posted:

That LaPorte for Achane trade turned out to be a disaster for me. When I made it, I had a bunch of high-performing WRs, so that flex spot seemed easy to fill out, and my big weakness was RBs. But then Achane got hurt and my WRs either got hurt or turned into non-factors and the waiver wire was so bare every week. I wound up playing 3 RBs, and it's pretty clear since we're playing each other. If I'd just kept LaPorte, he could have been my flex instead of your TE, and I might have won this week.

But eh, who could have predicted. At the time it was a trade for two surprising rookies who'd both put up great numbers and I had Travis Kelce, so what do I need with another TE? Not looking it up, but now that I think about it, I bet RBs are a lot more likely to get injured than TEs.

It was a smart trade on your part. You definitely got good value as far as rest-of-season rankings go. Unfortunately injuries happen. I have achane in my main league too so I’m right there with ya. Need a good game from AJ Brown and Philly D tonight to advance in my main.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:siren: Final call for dues! :siren:

The following teams still owe their :10bux:

Bryce Bryce Baby
Baker? I hardly know her!
Brady's mouth kisses

Please Paypal your :10bux: to tffnfcsouth@yahoo.com, thanks!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looks like I'm SB's sacrificial lamb this weekend. It was a good run.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

You can just keep your reverse jinx sir

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

You can just keep your reverse jinx sir

I'm just being real. My team definitely peaked a few weeks ago and it's been a slow grind back down since. I'm lucky my opponent last week decided to start Olave who didn't even play.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

I'm just being real. My team definitely peaked a few weeks ago and it's been a slow grind back down since. I'm lucky my opponent last week decided to start Olave who didn't even play.

Eh, I had a pretty strong team last year that choked in the semifinals. You never know what will happen. I don’t take anything for granted.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

WampaLord posted:

:siren: Final call for dues! :siren:

The following teams still owe their :10bux:

Bryce Bryce Baby
Brady's mouth kisses

gently caress dude, my bad. I threw in an extra 5 to buy a beer for having to chase me.

Also all you motherfuckers are gonna get these fuckin' kisses. Pucker the gently caress up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Barring something crazy with Lamar and CMC, I think you've got this, Wandler. Congrats! :tipshat:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Barring something crazy with Lamar and CMC, I think you've got this, Wandler. Congrats! :tipshat:

Those two terrify me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I knocked off the juggernaut!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

I knocked off the juggernaut!

Congrats dude, you earned it. Go kick some rear end and win you a chip!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
No matter what, we’re getting our first two time champ this year. I had hoped it would be me, but alas.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

No matter what, we’re getting our first two time champ this year. I had hoped it would be me, but alas.

Three finals in 3 seasons baby!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Let's go Njoku!

Guess I should've started Ford. Welp.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 29, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I expected njoku to go off against the Jets. Glad he didn't get over the paint for one. Would have been a dagger.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mostert was expected to play when I checked at 11pm before bed, wake up and he's not playing. Welp. That's game I guess.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Mostert was expected to play when I checked at 11pm before bed, wake up and he's not playing. Welp. That's game I guess.

Well that's anticlimatic.

Although you're projected to lose by so much that one player wouldn't make a difference if it makes you feel better.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Well that's anticlimatic.

Although you're projected to lose by so much that one player wouldn't make a difference if it makes you feel better.

Its just annoying. I had herbert in and out of the line up with the questionable guys on my roster. If they hadn't of played stupid poo poo with the actives like every other team did this week I'd be on equal points with 1 player each to go. That's fantasy though I guess.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Good season everyone! Now bow to your king.

Kind of fitting that a guy without a winning record in the regular season wins it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Good season everyone! Now bow to your king.

Kind of fitting that a guy without a winning record in the regular season wins it.

Congrats Wandler!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Congrats to our 2023 season champion, wandler20 and his team, Traskmasters!

I'll pay out winner money soon, and the loser avatar shall be assigned shortly as well.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

Congrats to our 2023 season champion, wandler20 and his team, Traskmasters!

I'll pay out winner money soon, and the loser avatar shall be assigned shortly as well.

Did everyone end up paying? If not, please do not pay any money out of your own pocket, I'll take whatever is left after paying everyone else.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol looks like Joey gets the avatar back after finally having a changed a couple months ago.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m gonna protest and say I shouldn’t have to have it because I was given it last year when I wasn’t supposed to be

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Did everyone end up paying? If not, please do not pay any money out of your own pocket, I'll take whatever is left after paying everyone else.

Thanks, generous of you. Yeah we're still waiting on 2 people to pay their :10bux: so once they do I can send that along. I'll Paypal the money out right now.

wandler20 posted:

lol looks like Joey gets the avatar back after finally having a changed a couple months ago.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m gonna protest and say I shouldn’t have to have it because I was given it last year when I wasn’t supposed to be

Okay, yeah, let's work this out. I have been inconsistent on the loser av and we should have consistency. Should the loser av go to:

A: The player with the worse season record
B: The player who is last in the standings after the consolation bracket plays out

Let's have everyone vote, and since this is a Serious Issue, I will institute a quorum of 5 owner votes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Two teams still owe their :10bux:

Bryce Bryce Baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Okay, yeah, let's work this out. I have been inconsistent on the loser av and we should have consistency. Should the loser av go to:

A: The player with the worse season record
B: The player who is last in the standings after the consolation bracket plays out

Let's have everyone vote, and since this is a Serious Issue, I will institute a quorum of 5 owner votes.

I think when we started, it was last place in the playoffs.

We had a bit of consistent inconsistency in that if a player abandoned their team and played IR/bye players and lost the regular season (which happened twice with Joey Freshwater being the 2nd one. I think GD_American was the first one?), they'd be the loser no matter what happened in the playoffs. I believe we said this was a fitting punishment because people not keeping their rosters up to date fucks up critical weeks where they might be playing someone vying for the playoffs.

I am gonna note Joey Freshwater played an IR player and a questionable player who ended up not playing in the last-place game.

Ah, if we're voting, I'd vote no av this year since we didn't make it clear and then just give the av money to third place or make the first place pot bigger.

And going forward, playoff results make the most sense so there's something else interesting going on the last week.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 11, 2024