Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

shuster bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Tatsuta Age posted:

shuster bad

I get the reasoning, probably Dodd and Soroka and Winans will all get a chance to prove they’re worth keeping around but Shuster seems definitely at the bottom of that list

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

yeah not even saying he's bad like someone else should be out there, we're way ahead of the division, totally fine to give people chances. but kid is 25 and showing absolutely nothing that would inspire he was a good first round pick or has a future on a competitive team

although I'm real annoyed and probably gonna swap to radio because the production quality and product of ESPN sunday night baseball is just so consistently fuckin awful

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

casual thread reader here

who, or what, is a GOMS? Yan Gomes?

also the cubs sure are fun to watch this year - a neat team

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Junkiebev posted:

Everybody is talking about Yan Gomes, yes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Junkiebev posted:

goms is short hand for "go m's" or "go mariners" basically.

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

Poque posted:

Everybody is talking about Yan Gomes, yes.

well I know I am

seiferguy posted:

goms is short hand for "go m's" or "go mariners" basically.

this makes more sense though - thanks

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Tristan Beck just toying with the, it must be said, dogshit garbage Braves

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Junkiebev posted:

You're better off not knowing

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Joe Simpson is cranky tonight and lighting into Shuster (other opinions: not so good)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Just happy not to be no-hit.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Yay Barves

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

drat I love Ron Washington

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Bailey almost Yan Gomesed Beck

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

LOL they called that a single by Arcia.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

lol ran straight thru that stop sign

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Good grief they are being aggressive tonight

e: He might have tagged him

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

come the gently caress on ronnie, need some more dingers or they're gonna give MVP to a dodger

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

the gently caress are you doing giants

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

That one shot clearly showed he got him on the back of the jersey. Not sure how the ESPN announcers didn't see that.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

That was so close. Looked like he tagged a wrinkle.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Braves warming up human white flag Collin McHugh

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Dinosaurs! posted:

That was so close. Looked like he tagged a wrinkle.

Yep. You could clearly see the wrinkle move quite a bit in that one camera angle. Just barely got the tag on him but that's good enough.

The announcers asked a good question though: would tagging him on the glove sticking out of his pocket be enough? I would think it would be considered part of the player's uniform so that players couldn't cover parts of themselves with "No Tag" zones.

Kinda like how an NFL player's hair is considered to be part of his uniform. Grabbing a guy's hair and pulling it as a way of tackling him is perfectly legal, not a penalty. That's so guys can't use long hair to make parts of their backs impossible to grab. Grow long hair at your own risk.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

thank god Snitker is not leaving him in here to chase the win

...!
Oct 5, 2003

elentar posted:

Braves warming up human white flag Collin McHugh

I remember when he used to be really good. It's been sad to watch him go so far downhill

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol McHugh sucks so bad now

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

please stop carrying him on the roster. please

...!
Oct 5, 2003

He's gonna HBP in a run

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Beck should just be a starter at this point.

It's always comical how ESPN cranks the volume on their mics. Just the ball hitting the catcher's mitt sounds like an explosion.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Joe is incandescent

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:hmbol:

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Hell yeah Bailey

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Jesus Christ Collin

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fuckin gently caress you Braves, ugghhhhh

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Why on earth do we still use McHugh.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

What would make a manager panic bad enough to put in McHugh when you're only halfway through the game and you're up by a run?

YOLO I guess :lmao:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

...! posted:

What would make a manager panic bad enough to put in McHugh when you're only halfway through the game and you're up by a run?

Seriously, what the actual gently caress

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

gotta assume collin is getting DFA when lee and/or chavez are back

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

losing this game is fine as long as it rules out McHugh and really Shuster too, it’s like the early turns of Clue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Ozuna went from "when the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat getting DFA'd" to amazingly good so quickly.