Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Look at this. Perfection. You can open it with one hand and have you toothbrush in the other. No need to unscrew a cap, no more dropping that poo poo on the drain or having it bounce around your bathroom floor. What the gently caress? Why do some toothpastes still come with a screw on cap?

gently caress you Tom's of Maine, that is what I'm trying to say here. And the toothbrush it came with wasn't very good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lobbyists for Big Screw

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
are you the guy in infomercials who completely fails at mundane household tasks? is this why you can't operate a tube of toothpaste without injuring yourself?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dried toothpaste accumulates in the fliptop lid, until it doesn't close properly. Also the cap can break off from use before the toothpaste is used up.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

the holy poopacy posted:

are you the guy in infomercials who completely fails at mundane household tasks? is this why you can't operate a tube of toothpaste without injuring yourself?

I've never injured myself (yet)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

the holy poopacy posted:

Trying to screw on the toothpaste cap, spraying toothpaste all over the room and into my eyes, then slipping backwards on the bathroom tile

It happens more than you think!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They’re an eighth of a cent cheaper op

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i just buy toothpaste in bulk and keep it in old paint buckets

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
The brand of toothpaste I like used to have a fancy flip up cap but after covid they have been cheeping out and sell only the screw-on type.

I've been re-using the same flip up cap for the last 2-3 years. It feels like living through the decline of the roman era where once great and common technologies are now relics.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
It's not hard to do other stuff with a hand that's simply holding a toothbrush, OP. Why don't you tell us why you really need a toothpaste tube that can be opened with one hand? :raise:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

the machines that make flip-caps run on COBOL and nobody who knows the language will accept the kind of salary you get at a toothpaste cap factory

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i use doctor bronners mint soap as my toothpaste

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Trying to squeeze out the plug in the bronners cap even though it says not to, spraying soap all over the room and into my eyes, then slipping backwards on the bathroom tile

It happens more than you think!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Brushing your teeth is bougie as hell

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

GoutPatrol posted:

Tom's of Maine

:ohdear: Oh no, flouride

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
The cool thing about screw-on caps is that you can drop them in the sink and then be vaguely unsettled at the thought that there’s probably poo particles in the sink, which you just don’t get with flip caps.

Which is probably a moot point because most people store their toothbrush directly across from the toilet.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

screws are simply objectively superior to clips op. in fact you'll find they're one of the six fundamental machines

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

screws are simply objectively superior to clips op. in fact you'll find they're one of the six fundamental machines

Welp there it is. You can’t argue with science.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

According to my customers, it also makes your booty hole minty.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

they cost $.0006 less per unit, op

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
you cant accidentally squash a screw-on cap tube and have the tooth paste shoot out.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Wee posted:

you cant accidentally squash a screw-on cap tube and have the tooth paste shoot out.

you can if you accidentally squash it with a sledgehammer

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

BigBadSteve posted:

Dried toothpaste accumulates in the fliptop lid, until it doesn't close properly. Also the cap can break off from use before the toothpaste is used up.

this is true. i still prefer em though. my dipshit rear end only screws the lid on 50% of the time, probably because unlike my friend i didnt grow up with a mom who told me spiders would enter my uncapped toothpaste tubes

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chief McHeath posted:

they cost $.0006 less per unit, op

it's also environmentally friendly by using .000000000000000000000012% less plastic (:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Last time I used a screw cap I swollowed it and spent the night in the ER :(

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

While we’re on the topic of better caps, why did BIG MILK change the caps on gallon jugs? Remember the old ones where the cap was a scored one piece deal surrounding the neck with a pull tab that cleanly pulled away from the score and you were left with the perfect snap-on, snap-off cap?

Now they are screw on with that lovely membrane deal underneath that says “PULL HERE” and 20 out of 10 times the pull tab rips right off and you have to stab the membrane with a knife and pull it off and it doesn’t all pull away cleanly and you’ve got chunks of the membrane stuck to the lip of the jug and the milk pours like rear end because of it and whhhhyyyyy??

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

While we’re on the topic of better caps, why did BIG MILK change the caps on gallon jugs? Remember the old ones where the cap was a scored one piece deal surrounding the neck with a pull tab that cleanly pulled away from the score and you were left with the perfect snap-on, snap-off cap?

Now they are screw on with that lovely membrane deal underneath that says “PULL HERE” and 20 out of 10 times the pull tab rips right off and you have to stab the membrane with a knife and pull it off and it doesn’t all pull away cleanly and you’ve got chunks of the membrane stuck to the lip of the jug and the milk pours like rear end because of it and whhhhyyyyy??

just checked. looks like melk is still coming in (3) 1.33 L bags op

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

just checked. looks like melk is still coming in (3) 1.33 L bags op

Canada with the superior option obviously has no BIG MILK influence or conspiracy :tinfoil:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

All liquid comes in bags in Canada.

House Rabbit
Dec 17, 2008

Don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden: your Father had an accident there; he was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor.
Sure you say that now, but when you buy cheap bulk flip-cap toothpaste off Amazon and that fucker is stuck on there so tight and made so cheaply the drat thing slices your thumb down the middle when you open it... you'll never know trust again.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

You pin the tube to the counter with your palm and unscrew the cap with that same hand's fingers. What else is op embellishing to create their narrative?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My toothpaste (euthymol) still comes in a recyclable metal tube so it only uses a little plastic cap and you get the immense pleasure of using the reverse of the cap to pierce the foil.

It tastes loving wild though, I think it's mostly the eucalyptus. I learned to like it (I hate mint) but everyone else tells me it tastes like medical ointment.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

MoonshineWilly posted:

The cool thing about screw-on caps is that you can drop them in the sink and then be vaguely unsettled at the thought that there’s probably poo particles in the sink, which you just don’t get with flip caps.

Which is probably a moot point because most people store their toothbrush directly across from the toilet.

I close the toilet lid before flushing, since I eat enough poo poo already.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ReelBigLizard posted:

My toothpaste (euthymol) still comes in a recyclable metal tube so it only uses a little plastic cap and you get the immense pleasure of using the reverse of the cap to pierce the foil.

I only see those in the cheap as gently caress plastic ones you get in hotels, also garbage

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wait the cap comes off? I typically just chew off the other end

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Are A Elf posted:

This is why I only buy Lactaid milk in 1 gallon bottles, much superior packaging.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

You Are A Elf posted:

Just switch to fresh delivered glass bottle milk, OP

As a bonus, you can gently caress the milk delivery person(consensually, of course)

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
I just bought tooth paste today

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
You can open a flip top with one hand when youre busy and need a fresh minty treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Life hack, if you buy accidentally buy a twist cap, just cut the other end off and apply velcro strips so you can flip it closed. This provides the added bonus of a satisfying tactile feeling and sound when you open it..