Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It stands for Get Out Mariners, you Suck. They used to say GOMYS but it wasn't quite as catchy and the Y was dropped. You say it when you actively dislike them. It's why mostly Mariners fans say it - they are a well documented group of masochists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't think anyone said that? I get wanting to feel vindicated but no one was saying Julio peaked at 22 years old.

It was a rough first half of the year. Kudos to him for adjusting to how pitchers were pitching to him and kicking rear end lately.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Julio contract will go down at the worst in MLB history.

On a completely unrelated note I find it hilarious that the Mariners poster kept receipts of the three people who said something even slightly negative about Julio in May. This is not the got 'em take you think it is!

Kirios fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 5, 2023

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sydin posted:

Please do not use posts as evidence for anything, tia.

I demand that your avatar from now on is a picture of your 99 OPS+ Julio post. It should be a badge of shame you have to carry until the end of time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yainer Diaz has had a fantastic rookie campaign and he's maybe gonna finish 5th.

This is gonna be an incredible class of players.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

G
O
M
S

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I would like the Astros to lose and the Mariners to win.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

hosed up if true

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1700264058967224590

This is the funniest poo poo Ive ever read

I don't live down there, how is that This Is It pudding

I will always appreciate Baker leading the Astros through a very difficult time which culminated in the 22 title.

It's time for him to retire. Ride off into the sunset champ!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am beyond thrilled that Brantley has come back the way he left - elite hitter.

I’m beginning to think the Astros could do some damage in the postseason this year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Cubs fans please contact a doctor if it lasts more than four hours.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man Pete Crow-Armstrong is a hell of a prospect - and he came from the Mets too! Oh well, I'm sure the Mets got a few years of tremendous value from a player for such a top tier prospect.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I guess the Cubs won't re-sign Bellinger after all. PCA's like a legit 80 grade CF defender yeah?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I still have no idea why he was drafted with a top five pick.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Blake Snell is gonna be the worst pitcher ever to have two Cy Youngs.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Every time you GOMS your team loses 1% chance to make the playoffs.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Friends don't let friends go full GOMS. Please look for the warning signs, and don't be afraid to intervene. You may be saving a life by doing so.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I think you misread his comment a tad bawfuls.

I mean it's disappointing the 2019 Astros didn't win the WS because that was the best team of this era but we also got '22 so :shrug: .

Eric the Mauve posted:

He might've been talking about me but I am not an Astros fan and in fact as a neutral was rooting for the Nats

Yeah I don't think any non Astros fan is gonna be heartbroken if they miss the playoffs. It's natural when a team has been this good for this long (even ignoring the 2017 stuff).

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Yankee fans are sensitive snowflakes about their lovely cheating underachieving team.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh I totally agree I just love the absolute lack of awareness he has.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yes but batflips are totally fine.

(Both are cool and good)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whatever he didn't hit him or anything (which is hosed and I've always hated pitchers retaliating that way). I've no problems with it.

Edit: I'm obviously biased but taking a step back I'm pretty positive I'd have the same opinion regardless.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah but you see that stuff all the time in the NBA and NFL and no one blinks an eye at all. Again, as long as it's not getting physical it just doesn't seem like a big deal. It's childish I guess but whatever - if anything you'd think Mariner fans would love it because clearly their young superstar is getting under the skin of their hated rival.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Edit: Nah, I take it back. I've said my peace and honestly it's not a big enough deal to dwell on. Feel free to disagree.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah but usually multiple offenses - they'll get warnings unless it's really blatant.

But if Neris got like a game suspension or whatever (probably the equivalent to a T for a reliever) I wouldn't be upset with it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Look dude I get poo poo all the time IRL from Mariners fans, even with my family, for wearing Astros gear (I've gone into detail in the past, not gonna do it again). But I don't take it out on the Mariner posters here STAC.

Hate the Astros, hell you'll be joining 28 other fanbase. But why take it out on people here, especially when what Intruder said was pretty mild, and honestly...a fair criticism.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I figured you’d understand that to an extent, being a Yankee fan. So I’d only ask that you try to have some relative perspective on this stuff.

You’re better than mcmagic. Don’t be like him.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah that obviously changes things. That’s bullshit and shouldn’t be tolerated.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Artix posted:

https://twitter.com/NathanSRuiz/status/1707535895392350559?t=9lhQD20zIMp5FH-g5XNt9Q&s=19

That was a loving stupid thing to spend 9 months delaying but the idiot failson signed the drat lease.

Good. It's a fantastic park and leaving should have never been on the table.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wayne Knight posted:

Hey look it’s that one post you always make! You can save time by just quoting yourself next time.

Dude if I gotta hear about the Pujols home run off Lidge for the rest of my life then I sure as hell will bring up the Yordan home run.

Remind me, where exactly did the Astros finish that year? I can't quite remember.

(Also I don't get IRL mad every time someone posts it so maybe grow a spine?)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Friends, we’ve been GOMSing all year, but tomorrow is the most important one of all. We need to come together as a community and GOMS with all of our hearts.

I’ll be the first:

GOMS!!!!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://streamable.com/2ykg5

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros make the playoffs.

Texans found their franchise quarterback.

drat it's good to be a Houston sports fan.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I can't believe everyone hates the team that unapologetically cheated to win the World Series and none of the players involved got punished for it.

Yeah I completely agree with this. I honestly think y'all are way overreacting.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Edit: Wrong thread, GOMS

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Edit: Still wrong thread (Good job Kirios you idiot, you loving imbecile.)

GOMS 2.0

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've always been a big fan of the Seattle Mariners.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

General Dog posted:

I’m still proud of the Rangers and happy with the season, but I kind of wish they hadn’t celebrated last night when there was still work to be done.

But anyway, I guess their claim to a share of the AL West title is as legitimate as TCU football’s share of the 2014 Big 12 title.

Astros didn't really celebrate at all yesterday and it does kinda show the difference between the two teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Incredible. Simply incredible.