Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Allllll full!

Draft: September 5th (maybe the 6th if we’re not full) at 9pm EST. Let me know if that’s not ideal and what else works for you.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Kilometers Davis posted:

There’s room for 5 more teams as of this post! Casual league, nothing too serious. I wanted to do a standard classic Yahoo redraft league and they’re sometimes hard to find so here we are. I’d love for this to turn into a yearly thing.

Draft: September 5th at 9pm EST. Let me know if that’s not ideal and what else works for you.

PRIZE ZONE: I usually prefer to stick to free leagues but it’s tough to keep people involved. I like the idea of coming up with some unique prizes but realistically a cheap $10 league would work fine and be easy to sort out up front. I could always get some goofy things in addition to the money to send to the top teams at the end. Let me know if y’all want it to stay free or go for the $10 and I'll post my info for fees.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1108088/invitation?key=154d3495b3c4af11&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=828ab839aaa3a6d3

I'm in as Football in the groin. :getin:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The "Dong and Pony Show" is here!

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Kilometers Davis posted:

Let me know if y’all want it to stay free or go for the $10 and I'll post my info for fees.

I’m cool with either option.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm on there as Off the Achane. I'm fine either way on $10 or free

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Playing fantasy for the first time in many moons, signed up as MY DOG IS PLAYING

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m so glad this is getting attention. Up to 8 teams!

Honestly I’m good with keeping it free. I prefer that myself anyway but I also don’t want to bore anyone who likes to get money involved.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Playing fantasy for the first time in many moons, signed up as MY DOG IS PLAYING

Nice! I got back into fantasy last year after a long stretch away from it and it was an absolute blast.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m so glad this is getting attention. Up to 8 teams!

Honestly I’m good with keeping it free. I prefer that myself anyway but I also don’t want to bore anyone who likes to get money involved.

Nice! I got back into fantasy last year after a long stretch away from it and it was an absolute blast.

I'm good with a small $10-$20 entry, or free, whatever people want.

I took like a 2 year break from fantasy football (still played fantasy baseball/hockey), last year was my first season back playing football. I'm a very casual football fan, I mostly just play to keep up with my high school buddies but I'm trying to get back into it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like no fee because I'm already too much of a degenerate :downs:

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
I'd love a spot - only playing my long going friend's league this year so I got time. Good with fee or no.

And in with Tackleberries

Bud fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 3, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

My general philosophy with casual league dues is that they’re good if they keep people invested deeper into the season, but since I assume we’re all football degenerates here anyway I don’t think it will make much of a difference.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Alright, we’re going with what I originally wanted and staying free. Fueled only by our love of collecting and watching large men do large men things. I’ll still try to come up with some sort of fun little prizes to send to the top teams.

I’m really glad some of y’all are new/recently back in. I did that last year and honestly found it super fun relearning as I go. Down to help anyone if you’ve got some “gently caress I forgot how to play fantasy” questions itt too.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

For me the weirdest thing about coming back is discovering that the Cleveland Browns have exciting fantasy players

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

For me the weirdest thing about coming back is discovering that the Cleveland Browns have exciting fantasy players

And in the opposite direction you’ve got me, a Bucs fan, worried about drafting someone as good as Mike Evans because football is weird and spooky.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

And in the opposite direction you’ve got me, a Bucs fan, worried about drafting someone as good as Mike Evans because football is weird and spooky.

And then you've got me, a Battlehawks fan that barely pays attention to football because the NFL hates my hometown. :vince:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

9 teams as of now. Should I lock it at 10 players or should we hold off and see if we can get some others in before the draft?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

And then you've got me, a Battlehawks fan that barely pays attention to football because the NFL hates my hometown. :vince:

Oh man. My family is a diehard StL sports family, I was raised to love the Cardinals and Rams like fuckin’ religion. I’ve had the worst disconnect trying to remain a Rams fan even through that awesome SB run. I’m warming up to it I guess. Such a shame though, the city loves football. Even as someone who has never lived in the city myself it just feels wrong, even knowing that the team was in LA first.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 3, 2023

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Oh man. My family is a diehard StL sports family, I was raised to love the Cardinals and Rams like fuckin’ religion. I’ve had the worst disconnect trying to remain a Rams fan even through that awesome SB run. I’m warming up to it I guess. Such a shame though, the city loves football. Even as someone who has never lived in the city myself it just feels wrong, even knowing that the team was in LA first.

Dude, that Superbowl run was insane storybook poo poo. I met Kurt Warner and bagged his groceries like a year after they won when I was 16. Dude was so nice. That team was absurb with Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Orlando Pace, etc. Ricky Proehl was my guy, still have his jersey.

Also gently caress the Rams.

Edit: I was cooking and posting, and I totally forgot the Rams were in the Superbowl recently lol.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 4, 2023

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm in if there's still room!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dude, that Superbowl run was insane storybook poo poo. I met Kurt Warner and bagged his groceries like a year after they won when I was 16. Dude was so nice. That team was absurb with Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Orlando Pace, etc. Ricky Proehl was my guy, still have his jersey.

Also gently caress the Rams.

Edit: I was cooking and posting, and I totally forgot the Rams were in the Superbowl recently lol.

Hahaha yeah that’s the one I meant, the recent one. That classic team though, god drat, so fun to grow up following them. Kurt Warner was the best. It’s good to hear he’s a nice guy too.

kalensc posted:

I'm in if there's still room!

Hop on in pal!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hop on in pal!

Done!

I have another goon league draft at 8pm but I think I'll manage... :ohdear:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:woop:

I’m thinking of pushing the draft to 9 pm est Wednesday, gives me a little more time to get two more teams in.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

That’s gonna be tough for me because I have a work function that night.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Freaquency posted:

That’s gonna be tough for me because I have a work function that night.

Me as well but I'm also willing to draft and post through it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Would an earlier or later time on Wednesday work better? Also we could just stick to tomorrow and keep it at 10 teams.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

Would an earlier or later time on Wednesday work better? Also we could just stick to tomorrow and keep it at 10 teams.

I will follow you into hell, commissioner :911:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I’m fine with leaving it at 10 teams since most of my other leagues are 12, but it’s up to everyone else (or just you if you want to rule the league with an iron fist :black101:)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hiya. I'll be your emergency 12 if you find an 11.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Alright I got a fantasy baseball friend joining so we’ll be full once they’re in + Quiet Feet. We did it!
Draft tomorrow night at 9 pm est.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I will follow you into hell, commissioner :911:

:getin: now that’s what I like to hear

Freaquency posted:

I’m fine with leaving it at 10 teams since most of my other leagues are 12, but it’s up to everyone else (or just you if you want to rule the league with an iron fist :black101:)

IRON FIST ETERNAL RULE

Quiet Feet posted:

Hiya. I'll be your emergency 12 if you find an 11.

Just got someone else who is joining. Jump on in :D

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

This draft is gonna completely mess with my head. My other 12-team redraft league is salary cap draft and my only other league with a snake draft is the goon 20-team league. And both of those are half ppr so values are not gonna be the same. Argh!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I suddenly find myself free tonight and willing to participate in a draft I have done no preparation for it you need another

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Quiet Feet posted:

This draft is gonna completely mess with my head. My other 12-team redraft league is salary cap draft and my only other league with a snake draft is the goon 20-team league. And both of those are half ppr so values are not gonna be the same. Argh!

Hail Chaos!

I have no clue how I really want to draft honestly. I’ve barely prepared this year.

Kloaked00 posted:

I suddenly find myself free tonight and willing to participate in a draft I have done no preparation for it you need another

Already full sorry :(

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

#1 pick let's goooooo! :mario:

I will probably gently caress it up hahaha.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

everyone i drafted is m ybest friend forever

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

My draft approach was to draft Kelce and then sort by vibes

Let’s Ride!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

#1 pick let's goooooo! :mario:

I will probably gently caress it up hahaha.

Welp, my team is cursed. Thanks Yahoo.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
"With a draft grade of D+, it's safe to say that their performance left much to be desired."

That's the way I roll.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

50/50 odds on whether the A+ or D+ team does better

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I got a C so I guess I'm gonna be president of football

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

D+ crew whatuuuup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Welp, my team is cursed. Thanks Yahoo.

I also got the A+ kiss of death so I'll see you at the bottom.