Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m sitting Goff this week because I think they’re going to do James Cook pt 2 between Monty and Gibbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Im really struggling with having to start Flacco. We have really short benches and all these assholes in my league have like 2-3 QBs each. Its a single QB League!

Also he plays tonight so my schedule is pushed up

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ahhh my last sit/start post of the year. Feels good.

Flacco v NYJ
Stroud v Ten
Goff @ DAL

Leaning either Flacco or Stroud, since I think Detroit is going to run a lot and Micah parsons exists

LV @ IND
IND v LV
CHI v ATL
LAR @ NYG

This one is tough since LV looks so good but ATL will have to run the ball against a good Chicago rush defense. The colts hosed me last week against ATL but I figure I should double check my gut before dropping them

Monty v DAL
Jacobs @ IND

Monty hasn’t been getting as much use, I think someone here or maybe reddit said it feels like they let him get his 60y and maybe a td and then it’s the Jahmyr Gibbs show. otoh, given that Buffalo just showed what a good RB does to the cowboys, could be a good pick. Jacobs is off injury and I’m worried White will get more work instead of Jacobs getting it all like in the past.

Nico v Ten
Flowers v MIA
Monty @ DAL
Jacobs @ IND

Leaning Nico to double dip off Stroud if I go with him, but I have concerns about the brain scrambling and the general injuries we’ve seen. Flowers is inconsistent and I only started him because Jacobs didn’t get marked as out until late. I probably should wait until the shadow report is out before I solidify any of these choices

Btw, according to the shadow report, Nico is going to likely have a great game, especially if Stroud is back

Gonna go
Stroud, Goff if not back (if tonight isn’t a planetary re-entry for Flacco then they’re winning the Super Bowl)

JJ
Puka

Kamara
Jacobs if healthy, Monty if not

Nico

LV

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Def sit start (special scoring: .5 point for 3 n outs, 1.5 pt for 4th down stops)

LV @Ind
Cle v NYJ

I'm currently leaning Vegas because the last few weeks their defense has been amazing scoring wise (13, 29, 25.5 respectively) but Cleveland has a good matchup and has been steady most the season, rams were their worst performance at .5 but nothing else has been lower than 7 pts.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

That's rough. My gut says Tua but I haven't been paying attention to the Dolphins and I guess he's cooled off quite a bit. Philly's secondary is baby soft (:sigh:) and you gotta think this could be a get right game for Kyler. Just pay attention to the injury report since they're both Qs.

Speaking of QBs, I need to start one of

Goff@DAL (gently caress the Cowboys)
Tyrod vs. LAR

Every time I bench Goff he goes off and my replacement QB sucks. On the other hand, Dallas D is scary and Tyrod is the only other real live NFL QB option available unless I want weird backup rookie garbage or *shudder* 2023 Derek Carr.

I’m also struggling between Goff, Flacco, or Carr lol. This is… not the place I wanted to be. I think I am still rolling with Goff but I agree it feels awful and he could EASILY have like a 2 point game. But so could any of these idiots and at least the Lions are good?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goff at least has the best o-line in football to keep him safe, and Ragnow will be in barring a tragic practice injury. My bigger concern is they’re going to run run run run run and he’ll have like 10 passes to ARSB, LaPorta, or Gibbs

Flacco has massive upside and hasn’t thrown less than what, 300y since becoming the starter? I wish we had one more week to see if the hype is real and see how he does against the Jets before feeling comfortable putting him in

I have the additional monkey paw of Stroud and it’s just made the decision annoying.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Champ game ppr, got a gaggle of middle RBs to choose from:

Pick 2:

Monty vs. DAL
Zeke vs. BUF
Achane vs. BAL
Z. White vs IND (Assuming Jacobs stays out)
J. Ford vs NYJ

I'm thinking Monty and Zeke. Big question mark I have is Z. White. If Jacobs doesn't start he's probably gonna have the backfield to himself against a terrible run D, he's performed well the last 2 weeks, and I'd really strongly consider starting him over either Monty or Zeke.

Don't like Achane or Ford but listing them as options. Ford is meh, NYJ gives up a lot of points to RBs but Ford is just mediocre every week. Achane is too risky, esp vs. BAL.

Maybe Josh Jacobs gets healthy and just makes it an easy decision.

e: Also for context - me and my opponent are about even in points projections. 131 vs 131 with Zeke and Monty in (the quality of players I have outside of RB is much better), but he has CMC and Tyreek, and CMC is vs. WAS so I feel like I'm behind and probably need a couple guys to go off.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 28, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

vaginite posted:

Pick 2:

Monty vs. DAL
Zeke vs. BUF
Achane vs. BAL
J. Ford vs NYJ

I'm thinking Monty and Zeke. Big question mark I have is Z. White. If Jacobs doesn't start he's probably gonna have the backfield to himself against a terrible run D, he's performed well the last 2 weeks, and I'd really strongly consider starting him over either Monty or Zeke.

Don't like Achane or Ford but listing them as options. Ford is meh, NYJ gives up a lot of points to RBs but Ford is just mediocre every week. Achane is too risky, esp vs. BAL.

e: Also for context - me and my opponent are about even in points projections. 131 vs 131 with Zeke and Monty in (the quality of players I have outside of RB is much better), but he has CMC and Tyreek, and CMC is vs. WAS so I feel like I'm behind and probably need a couple guys to go off.

I too am a Monty + Jacobs owner, and I think even if Jacobs comes back he isn’t going to have the workload. JJ was out for like 6 or 8 weeks with a quad injury, and his job doesn’t involve blasting through walls of 300lb dudes.

I have Monty slotted in expecting a lot of running between him and Gibbs, and if Jacobs manages to be in the game + do better than Monty then great, but all the rankings I’ve seen so far have Monty ranked higher (#20) than Jacobs (#23) anyways

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I too am a Monty + Jacobs owner, and I think even if Jacobs comes back he isn’t going to have the workload. JJ was out for like 6 or 8 weeks with a quad injury, and his job doesn’t involve blasting through walls of 300lb dudes.

I have Monty slotted in expecting a lot of running between him and Gibbs, and if Jacobs manages to be in the game + do better than Monty then great, but all the rankings I’ve seen so far have Monty ranked higher (#20) than Jacobs (#23) anyways

I don't have Jacobs though - I have Z. White who's been starting in his place. So I'm wondering mainly if I should start him (assuming Jacobs is still out, which looks like he will be) over Monty or Zeke.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

vaginite posted:

I don't have Jacobs though - I have Z. White who's been starting in his place. So I'm wondering mainly if I should start him (assuming Jacobs is still out, which looks like he will be) over Monty or Zeke.
Reading is hard :saddowns:

I’d start him over Zeke, looks like he has a Q tag and Buffalo is a tough opponent. Don’t start White if Jacobs is in, imo

E: the q tag is because he’s sick apparently

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Half PPR pick one

C. Godwin vs NO
T. McLaurin vs SF

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
PPR. Cook vs NE, Henry vs Hou, or Mostert vs Bal? Pick two. I’ve got Cook and Mostert in right now, but I got burned last week starting Cook over Henry

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

ferroque posted:

Half PPR pick one

C. Godwin vs NO
T. McLaurin vs SF

I don't see how you could possibly start McLaurin in a finale when you have another pretty good option.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Championship match, need to decide...

Fields vs ATL
Love vs MIN
Stafford vs NYG (waiver wire)

Pick one, leaning Fields

1 PPR, WRs, pick 3 of 4...

Olave vs TB
Aiyuk vs WAS (probably the lock)
Rice vs CIN
Higgins vs KC

I'm thinking of playing Higgins over Rice, then for my FLEX...

Rice vs CIN
Osborn vs GB
Zamir White vs IND (leaning if Jacobs is out again)

I also have Brian Robinson on my bench but he's going against SF so i figure he's a safe drop. Also have Noah Brown who is questionable against against TEN.

DTaeKim fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 29, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think im good with this. this is for the championship. really need KC to have a lovely game here, i believe in my starters, the only game I'm iffy on is the miami one, im 50/50 on starting Henry over Mostert. what do you guys think? Has mostert's punching above his weight all season been enough to value him over henry this late?

e: with amari cooper out i dropped him and taysom hill, picked up evan engram since they're playing a lame duck Carolina team, might run engram over ferguson with dallas facing a tough detroit D.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 29, 2023

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
This is a real decision I'm actually having to make in a championship. 4pt passing TDs.

Tyrod vs LA
Bryce Young @ Jax
Browning @ KC

Right now I have Tyrod slotted in because he actually has a kind of rushing floor, but I am certainly not committed to it

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Ok my actual final sit/start question.

0.5 PPR
Pick 2:

Davante Adams @ IND
Nico Collins v TEN
Aaron Jones @ MIN

Right now I have Adams and Jones in, but Nico looks like a must start. Feel like Nico and Jones might be the play but hate sitting Adams in the championship :ohdear:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

MakaVillian posted:

0.5 PPR
Pick 2:

Davante Adams @ IND
Nico Collins v TEN
Aaron Jones @ MIN

Right now I have Adams and Jones in, but Nico looks like a must start. Feel like Nico and Jones might be the play but hate sitting Adams in the championship :ohdear:

I think Nico and Jones is the move. Adams is too inconsistent.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Here's a fun one that I need an answer to soon .5 PPR

Njoku v NYJ
Pacheco v CIN
Zamir White @ IND
OBJ v MIA
Keenan Allen @ DEN

Do I play Njoku tonight or hope either Pacheco or Allen can play (seems unlikely) or Jacobs is out again (looking likely) or be stuck with OBJ. Flacco has a good connection with Njoku and no Amari Cooper tonight could mean a big game for him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Def sit start (special scoring: .5 point for 3 n outs, 1.5 pt for 4th down stops)

LV @Ind
Cle v NYJ

I've decided on rolling with raiders

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
It looks like Cooper is out tonight. I will probably go with Tua over Flacco this week.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

So... with Keenan and Jacobs both maybe out....

Do I start Ford tonight vs NYJ?
Or wait, in which case I might have to play Gus Vs MIA if neither of them can go.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dxt posted:

Njoku v NYJ
Pacheco v CIN
Zamir White @ IND
OBJ v MIA
Keenan Allen @ DEN

Do I play Njoku tonight or hope either Pacheco or Allen can play (seems unlikely) or Jacobs is out again (looking likely) or be stuck with OBJ. Flacco has a good connection with Njoku and no Amari Cooper tonight could mean a big game for him.

njoku and allen

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

dxt posted:

Njoku v NYJ
Pacheco v CIN
Zamir White @ IND
OBJ v MIA
Keenan Allen @ DEN

I think I go with Njoku, like you said he has a good connection with Flacco and NYJ is middle of the pack against TEs

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think im good with this. this is for the championship. really need KC to have a lovely game here, i believe in my starters, the only game I'm iffy on is the miami one, im 50/50 on starting Henry over Mostert. what do you guys think? Has mostert's punching above his weight all season been enough to value him over henry this late?

e: with amari cooper out i dropped him and taysom hill, picked up evan engram since they're playing a lame duck Carolina team, might run engram over ferguson with dallas facing a tough detroit D.

Why the hell is Evan Engram available 😂
This thread never ceases to amaze me. I wish I could play in a league where you can just pick up the 6th best player at his position for your finals matchup.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Scruffy the janitor posted:

This is a real decision I'm actually having to make in a championship. 4pt passing TDs.

Tyrod vs LA
Bryce Young @ Jax
Browning @ KC

Right now I have Tyrod slotted in because he actually has a kind of rushing floor, but I am certainly not committed to it

It's not a great option but Tyrod is probably your best option out of those three.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RCarr posted:

Why the hell is Evan Engram available 😂
This thread never ceases to amaze me. I wish I could play in a league where you can just pick up the 6th best player at his position for your finals matchup.

i changed this again, njoku was just freely available not even waiver wire, so i picked him up and churned engram, then while doing that i saw loving deebo on the waiver wire so i think i just accidentally walked in on some kind of fishy poo poo going on, grabbed his rear end too

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

0.5 PPR
Pick 2:

Davante Adams @ IND
Nico Collins v TEN
Aaron Jones @ MIN

Nico is the highest rated WR I could find on the shadow report, I’d go him and Jones

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Whelp, I didn't start Ford. But it seems like he always scores right away and then disappears.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

vaginite posted:

Pick 2:

Monty vs. DAL
Zeke vs. BUF
Achane vs. BAL
J. Ford vs NYJ

Awwwwww damnit. I never in a million years woulda started Ford anyway but still, drat it. One week I actually have the depth to not start POS Jerome Ford and this is what he does.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

Championship last flex spot in a full PPR.

Jerome Ford or Noah Brown

:suicide:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

vaginite posted:

Awwwwww damnit. I never in a million years woulda started Ford anyway but still, drat it. One week I actually have the depth to not start POS Jerome Ford and this is what he does.

This is literally me. I've been having to start him for the last 6 weks or so and this time around I was like "I'll wait to hopefully start Keenan Allen or I'll just grab a JAG who can get me 10 points."

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Pollard, Montgomery or Conner in full ppr?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i changed this again, njoku was just freely available not even waiver wire, so i picked him up and churned engram, then while doing that i saw loving deebo on the waiver wire so i think i just accidentally walked in on some kind of fishy poo poo going on, grabbed his rear end too

Absolutely wild. You better win that league

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Freezer posted:

Pollard, Montgomery or Conner in full ppr?

I like Monty

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
No PPR, need a flex

Pollard v DET
Pickens @ SEA
Thielen @ JAX
OBJ v MIA
KJ Osborn v GB

Pollard has been disappointing all season, Pickens is coming off a huge game, Thielen has his first big game in a while last week, OBJ has been quiet but the Ravens might have to score more to keep up with the Dolphins, KJ could have a big game with no Hock and possibly no Addison, but also he has Jaren Hall throwing to him.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Floofy posted:

PPR. Cook vs NE, Henry vs Hou, or Mostert vs Bal? Pick two. I’ve got Cook and Mostert in right now, but I got burned last week starting Cook over Henry

Just bumping this one back to the top of the pile for some advice

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

I think Cook and Mostert are the right plays. The Titans oline sucks and I feel like the game script will force them to pass a lot

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Need to pick 2, PPR:
Conner @PHI
J. Reed @Min

Gus @Mia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kamara or Zamir White? Kamara has been booty lately and between his current illness and the TB rush defense, I’m not sure if i should actually sit my stud. Gut says no since NO needs the win against their division rival and they might go nuts, but idk