Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

You get a ton at the beginning plus if you get some good pulls.

Like I pulled 5 eye of horus during lottery week.

What the gently caress are you serious

I've only pulled one eye of horus and in top of that I'm constantly blocked by a lack of ruby and sapphire brooches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

definitely check the fissure shop every refresh and buy those crafting materials whenever possible. heaven and abyss amulets too. it's frustrating and rng-based but hey what can ya do

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I started doing that like, a week ago and I've mostly just been getting low tier garbage. :v:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I think fissure shop buys are pickaxe, toner, brooches.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I just double checked the bonuses you get for unlocking avatars.

Ahh gently caress. I left so many stats on the table... :doh:

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Mr Hootington posted:

my max rng during the entirety of lotto week was like 830 or something. over 800 pulls.

this game is just endlessly charming tho. i am laughing my rear end off at the increasingly strong subway trains that keep crashing through the floor

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Just a normal Friday night in the snail idle game chat

thehoodie posted:

this game is just endlessly charming tho. i am laughing my rear end off at the increasingly strong subway trains that keep crashing through the floor
:emptyquote:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

If you join the super snail discord, it's pretty fun skimming the "why'd you mute me" channel. People are just out of control, I have to imagine some of them are 10 year olds who honestly barely understand what they're saying

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Martman posted:

there are a ton of one-time purchases that get hidden away in various tabs and they're always good, but require saving up big piles. Like the person who had a ton of incenses may have purchased one of those 6000 w-tad one-time bonus things that gives 10 incenses (and also gives some of the w-tads back). I forget where that purchase is because they get hidden away in weird tabs. There's also similar purchases for the events, I guess I'd prioritize those because they're time-limited

Vending Machine, Spending Bonus, then the second tab, you unlock it by spending [a shitload] of w-tads

Martman posted:

If you join the super snail discord, it's pretty fun skimming the "why'd you mute me" channel. People are just out of control, I have to imagine some of them are 10 year olds who honestly barely understand what they're saying

it's loving incredible

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

thehoodie posted:

The Ratman quest line is an absolute highlight

shoot down 5 helicopters to start it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Just a normal Friday night in the snail idle game chat

The worst my dimension chat gets up to is someone says the femboy Dracula is hot

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My own server is pretty chill, got some cool dudes in there.

Some of the other servers I'm paired with are...unnecessarily hostile.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

lol that's insane I've only drawn 2 eyes of Horus from gear or lotto in my 4 month run so far.

most players will buy coins with wtads and tickets if they can afford it. both offer unique ways to get relics and 180 coins during wish week gets you an eye of horus

FYI i am up to 4.7m power and haven't beat Anubis yet and im at floor 1500~

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 9, 2023

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
ok so I just got Lu Bu unlocked.. Do I work on leveling up that or something else first?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

fyallm posted:

ok so I just got Lu Bu unlocked.. Do I work on leveling up that or something else first?

Fo you have the sacred mirror finished? If so Lu Bu should be you next mirror thing to max out. He is used to dominate apostles.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

What server is everyone on? I was hope they would combine servers, but the game seems to be a smash hit lol

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Fo you have the sacred mirror finished? If so Lu Bu should be you next mirror thing to max out. He is used to dominate apostles.

I have the sacred mirror at lvl 30 each, but have not enhanced it all the way if that is what you mean?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

fyallm posted:

I have the sacred mirror at lvl 30 each, but have not enhanced it all the way if that is what you mean?

Yes. Max out lubu now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

What server is everyone on? I was hope they would combine servers, but the game seems to be a smash hit lol

Lorg Fries 12 here. I hoped they would maybe at least let clubs be cross server but no.. I joined a random club from the recruitment channel and only about 1/3 of the people even participate in the daily thing :(

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I also joined a random club on Cheestborger 6. Maybe we should try making goon clans on as many servers as we can.

Side note, don't forget to upgrade your gear like I have.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm on Lorg Fries 10 and was lucky enough to get in on the ground floor of the strongest guild on the server.

We're now competing with 3 other servers and still on top, though I imagine that'll change as we go.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I'm in a dead guild on Mashed Potato 6. It looks like there's an option to transfer servers for 500 wtads, but the server transfer requirements are... arcane.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

GetDunked posted:

I'm in a dead guild on Mashed Potato 6. It looks like there's an option to transfer servers for 500 wtads, but the server transfer requirements are... arcane.

Oh poo poo, I actually had no idea this was an option. We should absolutely figure out a server to transfer to because it's not that bad really.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Surely I can't be reading this right...? Per #2, I can only transfer to servers that were created in a 3 day window in March? :psyduck:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

GetDunked posted:

Surely I can't be reading this right...? Per #2, I can only transfer to servers that were created in a 3 day window in March? :psyduck:

Oh lol I missed that part. That sure fuckin sucks!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'm on Lorge Fries 17, I had originally joined a random club, but we convinced the resident whale at the time to start a Club, and were able to grab most of the active players into one superclub. We're just about to open the Portal and start species war. Probably tomorrow or Monday!

GetDunked posted:

keep an eye on the recruitment channel, and look for active clubs

its really a son of a bitch that clubs are locked to servers. makes it very hard to do stuff unless you get in on the ground floor

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

Arzaac posted:

I'm on Lorg Fries 10 and was lucky enough to get in on the ground floor of the strongest guild on the server.

We're now competing with 3 other servers and still on top, though I imagine that'll change as we go.

Hey looks like we must be in the same guild :cool: GOAT right? I'm Akylios there

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Fatigued posted:

Hey looks like we must be in the same guild :cool: GOAT right? I'm Akylios there

Yep, that's the one! I'm arzaac there too.

So I'm finally in a spot where I've gotten all my relics to tier 3 and don't need to spend the tier 1 reagent anymore. Feels...strange.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Now you can save a cushion of 300 green and turn the rest into blue

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm on Lorg Fries 19. Joined a pretty solid club, except sadly we had to impeach our president like a week after I joined. After that it's been smooth sailing lol.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

GetDunked posted:

I assume this is to keep things fair when it comes to overall rankings and competitive things. Otherwise a months old character could transfer to a relatively new server and no one there could ever rank in anything.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
I'm on Powtatow 17. Also joined up to the top guild on our server, our guild leader has like 1.5m more power than the next person on the server (who is also in the guild)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

God, there's just so much stuff in this game. Finally beat Pawson and unlocked the Yamato domain, plus another advancement system that requires new currency but gives a bunch of stats including stuff like lifesteal and crit chance.

Also opened up species wars, which is, a lot. I don't think it's too crazy when you get down to it (dig deep, gather resources, and kill enemies so you can upgrade your biozilla) but man does opening that menu just shotgun blast you with stuff.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Arzaac posted:

God, there's just so much stuff in this game. Finally beat Pawson and unlocked the Yamato domain, plus another advancement system that requires new currency but gives a bunch of stats including stuff like lifesteal and crit chance.

Also opened up species wars, which is, a lot. I don't think it's too crazy when you get down to it (dig deep, gather resources, and kill enemies so you can upgrade your biozilla) but man does opening that menu just shotgun blast you with stuff.

Species war seems like a lot, but is really straightforward. That constellation thing you unlock after Pawson is very, very grindy. You get 1 of the upgrade crystals a month.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Arzaac posted:

ayy I just beat Pawson too. this game is ridiculous and I keep being impressed by it

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'm in a little bit of a slump. Slightly not enough power to beat Pawson or Murika. Nine dudes in my inbox waiting to kick my rear end. The tiniest bit below 10k for all stats. Unlocked my second to last gear slot, but don't have any good equipment to put in it, so it feels like a bit of a waste of a million btads. I've got all my relics to three stars, and my blue shards are completely tapped out.

I'm COMPLETELY cashed out on all the easy ways to get power increases. I'm basically just waiting for Friday so I can get a boost with my two weeks+ and 3.5 dragon orbs worth of offering time saved.

Just need one small break, very annoying.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah I'm in just about the same boat. I at least have the dragon form to look forward to once i get 5000 wtads

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Go RV! posted:

I'm in a little bit of a slump. Slightly not enough power to beat Pawson or Murika. Nine dudes in my inbox waiting to kick my rear end. The tiniest bit below 10k for all stats. Unlocked my second to last gear slot, but don't have any good equipment to put in it, so it feels like a bit of a waste of a million btads. I've got all my relics to three stars, and my blue shards are completely tapped out.

I'm COMPLETELY cashed out on all the easy ways to get power increases. I'm basically just waiting for Friday so I can get a boost with my two weeks+ and 3.5 dragon orbs worth of offering time saved.

Just need one small break, very annoying.

The gear slot isn't a waste.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

The gear slot isn't a waste.
it's definitely not a waste, but honestly the flat stats from random gear with no special bonuses are not that impactful.

I can definitely see the RNG on gear drops being a huge problem for some players. I seem to have been pretty wildly lucky so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The flat stats may not seem like a lot, but it could mean the difference between intercepting a hitman or not which could give you the item you need.

This game works like a lot of idler where you wait to make a big push then roll that into gains to prepare for the next push.

The merika map sucks. The map after is much better.