Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

I let Dubois free. Go grab him if you want him!

I took the bait. For $1 he seems like a low risk "maybe he will figure it out" bet/potential keeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Well I guess I'm going to lose goaltending this week

Ullmark was injured with 2 minutes remaining in OT so Swayman had to go in. You're not allowed to warm up in OT so he came in cold after sitting for ~2 hours and predictably got scored on

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I woke up to that surprise, too! Now I am questioning why that's a rule.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am in a league where we pick one player out of a group of 5, and it only counts the amount of points a player gets. In this league, the commish doubled the amount of points we would get from defenseman, so I am hanging near the top because I picked Makar/Hughes/Hedman. I would be winning if I picked one of Kucherov or MacKinnon over Draisaitl.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm up against T-Bone in both LSL and DLML and our goaltending battle is :eng99: personified.

2023-24 Samsonov vs 2023-24 Campbell would be an improvement lmao.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I uhhh, have not paid attention as much as I should this year but RL stuff will do that

pretty sure my goaltending across all leagues would have killed me anyway

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Someone out of the playoffs in HHL should trade with me, I have Lafreniere, Stankoven, Raymond, Pinto, and Chychrun all super cheap for next year, I need a goalie and could use to boost my FW/H/BLK

e: well the trade deadline apparently passed so screw all of you for ignoring my trade offers

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 4, 2024

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Someone out of the playoffs in HHL should trade with me, I have Lafreniere, Stankoven, Raymond, Pinto, and Chychrun all super cheap for next year, I need a goalie and could use to boost my FW/H/BLK

trade deadline passed or I would've given you Saros maybe

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I am in a league where we pick one player out of a group of 5, and it only counts the amount of points a player gets. In this league, the commish doubled the amount of points we would get from defenseman, so I am hanging near the top because I picked Makar/Hughes/Hedman. I would be winning if I picked one of Kucherov or MacKinnon over Draisaitl.

I am winning this league, solely on the strength of my defensemen.

Someone else who is about 50 points out of first picked Hamilton instead of Hughes, and is the sole reason they are not winning.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

can't really complain about my season in hhl, but its great seeing a bunch of my players start getting hurt just in time for the playoffs

also, dropping korpisalo absolutely turned my season around, ottawa should've maybe given that a try

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

bonne chance dans les séries mes amis

fancy stats posted:

can't really complain about my season in hhl, but its great seeing a bunch of my players start getting hurt just in time for the playoffs

also, dropping korpisalo absolutely turned my season around, ottawa should've maybe given that a try

As someone juggling Gibson, Daws, Lyon, and Ingram across a few leagues, I feel you.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

kalensc posted:

bonne chance dans les séries mes amis

As someone juggling Gibson, Daws, Lyon, and Ingram across a few leagues, I feel you.

I put up a 15-0-0 week in LSL trying to steal the #1 seed and you just had to go 14-0-1 :argh:
Managed to move up to #3 though, which means we're on opposite sides of the bracket.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Two of my dopey teams finished 9th, disappointing. My HHL team in particular was a real letdown considering the skaters did reasonably well. Saros didn't get hot until too late and Samsonov was mostly trash.

DLML team made the playoffs though, maybe I can defend my title there.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

I put up a 15-0-0 week in LSL trying to steal the #1 seed and you just had to go 14-0-1 :argh:
Managed to move up to #3 though, which means we're on opposite sides of the bracket.

I was sweating your push all week! I'm also content that you ended up in the other bracket. :shobon:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
new LSL team, same four skaters deciding to get injured right before the postseason

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I did three different teams this year, and in the end i never got invested in any of them, didn’t help they all limped out of the gate. Don’t think I did anything other than replace an occasional LTIR on any of them since Xmas. Will just do HHL next season and hopefully I don’t lose interest.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Great goaltending all year in the Hockiest and gonna lose in the first round because my goaltending is poo poo this week. So it goes.

Didn't make it in the other two leagues.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Charlie Lindgren made the last day interesting in HHL but just fell short. Onward go the victors.

Advanced by the skin of my pants in LSL but it's gotten to the point where I don't think I can keep managing these injuries.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

Advanced by the skin of my pants in LSL

Extremely ditto, it took a herculean effort by the Ottawa PP yesterday to create some hope, and then Mike Matheson was the hero with a... shorthanded point?! :sweatdrop:

Felt bad for Yaya, they held a strong position from Wednesday onwards, I just got very lucky.

Good luck to 'Get the Wheels on the Rust!' in the semis (besides T-Bone and Yaya I don't have a clue who GMs each team lol).

And in the DLML, good luck to 'Who Framed Maxime Talbot?', you've got an excellent team name and avatar, and it'll surely be a see-saw battle. :blessed:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

kalensc posted:

Good luck to 'Get the Wheels on the Rust!' in the semis (besides T-Bone and Yaya I don't have a clue who GMs each team lol).

And in the DLML, good luck to 'Who Framed Maxime Talbot?', you've got an excellent team name and avatar, and it'll surely be a see-saw battle. :blessed:

Hey, those are both me! Good luck to you as well, I’m going to try my hardest to make it as tough as possible for you.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

Charlie Lindgren made the last day interesting in HHL but just fell short. Onward go the victors.

I really needed you to win that and would be dominating the matchup on the other side of the bracket, but I'm currently holding on to a tenuous lead against the HHL juggernaut and am cautiously optimistic about pulling off the upset of the century. It turns out having mackinnon, draisaitl, and forsberg all at the same time is Good Actually

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Having Larkin back is huge too, that dude takes so many face-offs, Eriksson Ek needs to return so bad

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i kept Haula for this week just for the FW and he went out and had 3 and I felt like a moron, then I scrolled up the page and saw what Larkin did

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

fancy stats posted:

Having Larkin back is huge too, that dude takes so many face-offs, Eriksson Ek needs to return so bad

Good news!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

oh well

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's joever in lsl

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

it's joever in lsl

Rough week for you; your team deserved better.

The other semi might have literally come down to "whoever picks up Arturs Silovs first wins" lol

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I am probably going to lose LSL, barring a miracle this last game.

But good lord is it close.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Gobias Ind. posted:

"whoever picks up Arturs Silovs first wins"

You're my only hope

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Early morning, I picked up Dostal even though I wasn’t going to play him. Considered also picking up Silovs, but he wasn’t confirmed yet.

I would have won, regardless.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Rough week for you; your team deserved better.

The other semi might have literally come down to "whoever picks up Arturs Silovs first wins" lol

I had to scoop up Silovs purely as a blocking move in LSL, def would have lost saves and likely tied on wins, and I'd have lost the tie-breaker so I couldn't take any chances.

mentholmoose posted:

Hey, those are both me! Good luck to you as well, I’m going to try my hardest to make it as tough as possible for you.

Holy hell did your squads ever come out guns blazing, especially in LSL. I got insanely lucky with the goalie results, and for the second straight week I'm feeling apologetic about eking out a win by such razor-thin margins.

I hope you earn trophies next week in LSL & DLML, your seasons def deserve something on the mantle!

Gobias Ind. posted:

I happened to glance at the 'Team Levels' link and saw you had reached 1001, which made me :eyepop: because I'd assumed 1000 was a ceiling.

Then I glanced at your placements by season and :staredog::stare::dogstare:, your LSL success is like if the '97-'02 Wings took two years to retool before going on a '84-'88 Oilers run, or something similarly bonkers. :worship:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

I happened to glance at the 'Team Levels' link and saw you had reached 1001, which made me :eyepop: because I'd assumed 1000 was a ceiling.

Then I glanced at your placements by season and :staredog::stare::dogstare:, your LSL success is like if the '97-'02 Wings took two years to retool before going on a '84-'88 Oilers run, or something similarly bonkers. :worship:

Yeah I've had a truly insane run. Gunning for my 4th title in 5 years and 5th overall. Got a couple runner up finishes too.

Your team is formidable though, and you handled me in the regular season and therefore have the tiebreaker, so I'm going to need a big week.

Having to drop Ingram to grab Silovs to secure your win definitely works to my advantage though, as did having a comfortable win this week that allowed me to make a couple pickups today with our matchup in mind.

Good luck! Should be a good one.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

fancy stats posted:

You're my only hope

I don't think it ended up mattering with Dakota Joshua's PPP, but goddamn, what a wild almost-saviour to my season.

Sorry Teemu, you had a really good gameweek and I kind of just bullshitted my way through.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

The last time I finished in the top-3 in the HHL was in 2013 (when I won), and have pretty much been this league's Columbus Blue Jackets the entire time. Last season was my first time in the playoffs since 2017.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Oh, good luck to Pieper's Popsicles in the DLML btw! Should be a battle to the last game if folks perform within their expected range.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If I wake up to an Arturs Silovs shutout...I will not be pleased.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

The last time I finished in the top-3 in the HHL was in 2013 (when I won), and have pretty much been this league's Columbus Blue Jackets the entire time. Last season was my first time in the playoffs since 2017.

I'm like Jim Rutherford (well, JR before he had his Pens success). I won the HHL in the initial season because I spent big on Lundqvist, Malkin, and Stamkos, but then I've been poo poo ever since.

I don't think I've ever won the LSL.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

If I wake up to an Arturs Silovs shutout...I will not be pleased.

Dodged the Silovs bullet and got a Mark Jankowski SHG instead.

e: Into an empty net, to boot

e2: Man, Rittich lost his shutout with 2 minutes left. Might need a SO or SHP to realistically pull this off, since Kalen has the tiebreaker.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 5, 2024

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Dodged the Silovs bullet and got a Mark Jankowski SHG instead.

e: Into an empty net, to boot

e2: Man, Rittich lost his shutout with 2 minutes left. Might need a SO or SHP to realistically pull this off, since Kalen has the tiebreaker.

:ohdear:

Yesterday was a very weird day, with tons of areas north of Montréal losing power for 12-24 hours due to a big April snowstorm. Neglecting to charge my phone and laptop the prior evening made everything even more awkward, heh.

Thank god Jankowski managed that shorty, he'd been a bust of a pick-up otherwise this past week.

Definitely going to come down to Sunday's games! :suspense:

Win or lose, it's been a fun season and exciting playoffs & finals. Good luck once more, Gobias. :gonchar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Same to you!

With the tiebreaker in hand and more man games remaining I think you've got to be favoured at this point. My boys have some work to do.

E: Good call benching your goalies, was really hoping you wouldn't. Things looked promising with Andersen giving up 3 in the first 10 minutes yesterday and then Boston couldn't beat him the rest of the way. :sigh:

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 5, 2024