Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

IDF is just LARPing Warhammer 40k, where the space marine medics retrieve the gene-seed of fallen space marines after the battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cum QRF made the CNN front page today: https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/01/middleeast/israeli-families-sperm-retrieval-intl-cmd/index.html

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Grip it and rip it posted:

With the context of why they feel the need to harvest genetic diversity, its not that funny.

With service members in particular it's a stupid way to do it. As observed upthread, if the government of Israel really cared then they could give male service members the option to make a deposit early in their term. Heck, make it compulsory if it's truly viewed as an existential threat to your state. I have a hard time believing that the Israeli government just now determined that inbreeding of their population was a big problem just in the last month so having people going out and scavenging gonads from battlefields in late 2023 comes across as mere sensationalism.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

psydude posted:

1) This presumes that the person has obtained citizenship in another country, which can vary wildly in terms of the requirements of time in residence and language requirements.

The US will still let you renounce even if you don't have another citizenship, that's why you can't renounce when in the US. You're someone else's problem if you make yourself stateless.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

how do you even click on d&d idgi why would anyone do this

Looking for tabletop role playing game discussion and didn't see Traditional Gamrs.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It's dead on arrival because nobody is going to sign up to let them in.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Count Roland posted:

This is dark even given the current bloody war but: what if Israel drove the population of Gaza into Syria?

They have to haul them up the entire length of Israel to do that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I read it every time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Count Roland posted:

Lots of talk right now about Israel's planned offensive of Raffa, where most(?) of the population of Gaza is now crammed into. There's talk of an "evacuation" of civilians by Israel. It sounds bad enough that even close allies like the US and UK are talking out against it. Bibi is taking loudly of "victory".

Is there any details to this so called evacuation? Evacuate Raffa and send the people into the ruins of Gaza?

Probably more like "evacuate the air with a thermobaric" is what they're thinking.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

How do you even do that? I sort of get putting it on backward for a minute, but then you look down it, say “lol I’m dumb”, and fix it.

You'd only realize that if you looked through it after mounting it or had glanced at it more than the 15 minutes of fam fire you had that day in Georgia before you hit the strip club at 1430.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The cop heard "fire" and responded the only way he knew how.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Would building this sea port in Gaza make the conflict over there a near pier conflict?

boooooooooooooooo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It's satire by The Onion, in case you don't know who Kelly is.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

psydude posted:

I don't know why you'd have a consulate right next to an embassy, though.

The consulate is where a consul works; the consul works for the ambassador and is tasked with the bureaucratic details of the relationship between the countries. Stuff like issuing visas. It's common for an embassy to also have a consular space but there are plenty of examples of them being separated. DC hosts a number of missions where the consulate is in a building blocks away from the embassy.

Edited to fix typos.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 2, 2024

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

IDF air force is gonna have a little whoopsy with a mistargeted missile just before that thing gets nailed down, I bet

It won't be mistargeted at all, they'll have some bullshit pretext that we won't even try to debunk.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Near pier conflict.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

huh

of all the reasons there might be, “the US military might re-enact Mogadishu 1993 at the hands of ally civilians” was not anywhere on the list

well thank you both!

I guess I figured that the US would be able to pull Israel aside and say “hey, give a bit on the civilian starvation and we can cover you on the civilian bombing and sniping, but this is just too obvious” and they could both get back to the slower-motion genocide that they were operating before

maybe that leash is not as strong as I thought, though

Israel is doing the same calculation as Russia about what they can expect on the afternoon of January 20, 2025 and will do everything to drag out the status quo until then.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Quick question did the american navy fire all of their engineers in the last ten years?

https://x.com/halalflow/status/1795164605787803778

Pier today, gone tomorrow.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I feel like the "lol sike we kill 'em all" may have been inadvertently left out somewhere. What does Israel get out of this? Just the hostages?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

https://x.com/IsraeliPM/status/1796643265397064024

Israeli PM account: Our peace plan is we war til we win, I guess.

Yeah okay that's more in line with expectations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

well that's just great. I guess all that's left to figure out is if the US has decided that it's okay to turn aid workers into legitimate military targets.

I believe that's been US policy for a while now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mustang posted:

Are you aware that Joe Biden is actively supporting a genocide while campaigning for re-election as President of the United States?

You know I think I read that somewhere, yeah.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

So it's the same scam as the name a star and lunar real estate deals. Excellent.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RIP the pier: https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/09/politics/us-pier-gaza-to-be-removed/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Caesar's sports book is setting the o/u for duration before the ceasefire is formally abandoned by either side at 72 hours, place your bets.