Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Kevin Ginkel looks like a Jason Segel character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/1717020013482397935?s=20

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I kinda.wanted Texas/Philly because I thought it would be cool but this works too

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
World Series canceled for lack of interest

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
There's something to be said for being bad all the time, I guess

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

R.D. Mangles posted:

after reading about how the diamondbacks wouldn't be able to handle the Passionate Philly Sports Asylum, it is extremely funny that they went out like this in a silent mausoleum

Any time I heard that I cringed. Like these grown rear end players have never played in a loud stadium before, and become motivated and focused to quiet a crowd they hate.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Mustache Ride posted:

I can hear Manfred saying that already while his advertisers cancel in droves. Congrats SNEKs, crush the Rangers!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Mustache Ride posted:

I can hear Manfred saying that already while his advertisers cancel in droves. Congrats SNEKs, crush the Rangers!

My owner’s ad revenue :negative:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I kinda.wanted Texas/Philly because I thought it would be cool but this works too

No, no it does not :mad:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Imagine getting embarrassed so loving bad in the playoffs that you think citing ratings means gently caress all to the team that kicked your rear end

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Pennsylvania is landlocked

It is not

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Marklar posted:

Any time I heard that I cringed. Like these grown rear end players have never played in a loud stadium before, and become motivated and focused to quiet a crowd they hate.

Also, Arizona teams are uniquely conditioned to having zero home advantage thanks to all the transplants that live here, particularly against teams from California or Chicago.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yup. 2001 for Arizona when everyone was rooting for the Yankees because of 9/11. And the only two times Texas got to the World Series they lost (2010, 2011 loving David Freese)

Didn't something crazy happen in that series like the D-Backs' closer got a huge hit in game 7?

I definitely remember 2011. Josh Hamilton having the night of his life to try and drag the Rangers to that loving title and they just kept loving up.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

It is now

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

Imagine getting embarrassed so loving bad in the playoffs that you think citing ratings means gently caress all to the team that kicked your rear end

Manfred should never know happiness

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I was really excited for the World Series, but now that I know the biggest losers ever, Philly fans, aren't going to watch.....

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

IOwnCalculus posted:

Also, Arizona teams are uniquely conditioned to having zero home advantage thanks to all the transplants that live here, particularly against teams from California or Chicago.

Oh fun, they have that in common with Dallas then

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

I was really excited for the World Series, but now that I know the biggest losers ever, Philly fans, aren't going to watch.....

How are you still awake?!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

MJeff posted:

Didn't something crazy happen in that series like the D-Backs' closer got a huge hit in game 7?

I definitely remember 2011. Josh Hamilton having the night of his life to try and drag the Rangers to that loving title and they just kept loving up.

Yeah Mariano Rivera blew a save

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

MJeff posted:

They won the series despite their closer melting down two or three times which was painful for teenage me to watch because I was shook at the prospect of 4 straight for the Yankees

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

How are you still awake?!

basketball started

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the hunk of metal is gonna blend right in with the Rangers' stadium

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

yea ok posted:

I don’t know how I’ll survive without astros fans watching too

daft
Oct 16, 2012
let’s enjoy the World Series folks

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

yea ok posted:

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

illcendiary posted:

They won the series despite their closer melting down two or three times which was painful for teenage me to watch because I was shook at the prospect of 4 straight for the Yankees

On the second Kim meltdown (game 5) my mom kicked our family picnic basket so hard that she caved in one of the sides and destroyed it

We kept it around for a while as a memento because of how the series ended

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

daft posted:

let’s enjoy the World Series folks

But the ratings…

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Oh fun, they have that in common with Dallas then

I was at a Suns game where thanks to the combination of "Arizona fans suck and will walk out in the third quarter of anything" and "So many loving Chicago transplants", the Bulls legitimately had home court the last five minutes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

YeahTubaMike posted:

Tbh I was being kind of facetious after the announcers speculated about it :v:

I managed to miss that Thomas didn't even start today lol

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

I don’t know how I’ll survive without astros fans watching too

Oh I'm watching, good buddy of mine is Rangers fan so I can cheer along if they're doing well and rag on him if they blow it

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Phoenix owns because it's the closest Whataburger to me now that I'm in SoCal

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i genuinely have no rooting interest at all in the world series but i've enjoyed being on the DBacks bandwagon for the NLCS so maybe i'll continue to

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

i genuinely have no rooting interest at all in the world series but i've enjoyed being on the DBacks bandwagon for the NLCS so maybe i'll continue to

I'll get SUPER into the diamonbacks bandwagon if we can all agree on "ride the snake" as our rallying cry

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

...! posted:

World Series canceled for lack of interest

Not until Buck Bokai

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Well, at least Mets legends Tommy Pham & Paul Sewald are in :shrug:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Yup. 2001 for Arizona when everyone was rooting for the Yankees because of 9/11. And the only two times Texas got to the World Series they lost (2010, 2011 loving David Freese)

It was an amazing series. Went to 7 games, Randy Johnson vs. Jeter, two games went to extra innings, and the Yankees lost.

Only other ones in my lifetime that comes close is when the Red Sox came back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees in the ALCS and then sweep the Cardinals. And the Cubs.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I think it's sweet how many philly fans stayed to boo the post game

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
let's go 7 in the WS too

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Castellanos just struck out again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

IOwnCalculus posted:

The only time they are guaranteed to fill the stadium is in playoffs and Dodgers games