Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

maintaining a house and yard, especially by yourself while also working full time, sucks so much. it would definitely be a higher quality of life to rent and make that poo poo someone else’s problem, but buying your own place does save money in the long run if you can put up with the work and save enough for the upfront cost
I got a house with a small yard in purpose for this reason. I also replaced a lot of grass with low-growing plants or fun flowers and I only had to mow twice this year.

I grew up with divorced parents with joint custody and big yards. I mowed so much lawn as a teenager. gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Pathetic to live in a studio, no

Pathetic to live in a studio with room mates, maybe

Pathetic to live in a studio with two cats, no but pretty hosed up

(The one studio I lived in the previous tenant had two cats, that's not enough space)

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I think if my 48 year old older brother never got married he would still be living in studios

Instead he lives in cheap Thai Airbnbs with his Laotian wife.

They do ok

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

R.L. Stine posted:

the middle of nowhere black forest Germany

R.L. Stine posted:

a lot of diapers and there was mouse poo poo everywhere

R.L. Stine posted:

and it was sick

Further proof that all germans are fecalpheliacs