Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
rob manfred is a huge turd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kirios posted:

I like how the owner even admitted “Yeah nothing’s topping that one - ever.”
lmao that was the Onion

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

guy in the crowd wearing a Padres jersey, why dude?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean that kinda shows you how much I’ve really paid attention to this series.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Let's have a fuckin' parade on Friday boys.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
This is not real life

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

bawfuls posted:

guy in the crowd wearing a Padres jersey, why dude?

It’s Arizona - there probably are more Padres fans than D’backs fans, especially after the influx of Californians the last few years.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

I love the Jon Daniels credit that CY gives.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, everyone's favourite part where they interview the owner

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tecnocrat posted:

Same. Deserved, even if I myself am guilty of being lovely about him.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

tecnocrat posted:

He absolutely deserves it

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Hockey still has the only good trophy presentation

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Canned Sunshine posted:

It’s Arizona - there probably are more Padres fans than D’backs fans, especially after the influx of Californians the last few years.

people fleeing california to a red state? he's probably a dipshit

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Dbacks are a good team who's window is just opening. That's little solace right now, but they'll be in the mix for several years to come.

Absolutely beside myself right now. Never thought I'd see the Rangers pull it off. Like a lot of you, baseball was one of my biggest connections with my dad. I'd give anything to have one more rambling phone call with him to bullshit about our team. Congrats you guys. It's been an amazing year.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Canned Sunshine posted:

sure, but why would you pay through the nose to see a World Series game? maybe you have too much money and just love baseball, but then why rep a team that's not playing?

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
october god corey seager

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

sure, but why would you pay through the nose to see a World Series game? maybe you have too much money and just love baseball, but then why rep a team that's not playing?

*glances at marlins man*

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
this was cool to witness

i vividly remember watching 2011, seeing both one-strike-away at bats while i was working in manhattan. What a horrible way to lose. Can't believe there have been the same # of ASoIaF books this whole time, drat.

i also remember thinking "Whaaaaa.." when Seagar signed with them, it seemed like such a weird choice. Like they weren't a winning ball club, and he was trading winning for money.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Dameius posted:

Abbott is gonna poo poo up y'all's parade but here's hoping y'all can keep Cruz out of it. Amd if not, stock up on the white claws.

He better not show up at the rangers parade, he was at the astros home games. gently caress him

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

SAY YOHO posted:

Some of the nicest defensive plays I've ever seen in a WS. Alas it was still a little boring (if you have no skin in the game). Not the worst by any means, but the whole playoffs felt like that. GG Rangers.
the easiest playoff series for me to watch are the ones where i have no rooting interest but especially the ones where i'm not rooting for someone to lose, so this was the easiest world series for me to watch in a while

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tenkaris posted:

He better not show up at the rangers parade, he was at the astros home games. gently caress him

sorry but it's going to be him, w and cruz because that's how it goes

maybe someone will throw a beer at them

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros fans threw a can at Cruz I fully expect you to one up us on that.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Intruder posted:

people fleeing california to a red state? he's probably a dipshit

Hey, it’s slowly going purple! Still better than Texas.

bawfuls posted:

I was offered tickets at work yesterday for $100. Nose bleed, but still.

After Game 3 it’s amazing how quickly the ship starting sinking.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Zoran posted:

Hockey still has the only good trophy presentation

Bill Clement saying "Just skate it, baby," when Sakic handed Ray Bourque the Stanley Cup will live forever in my mind.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Canned Sunshine posted:

Hey, it’s slowly going purple! Still better than Texas.

what does that have to do with someone who was probably "escaping commiefornia to a place that appreciates jobs"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

not for nothing but one of you rangers fans should probably make the celebration thread before someone else does

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ProperCauldron posted:

i also remember thinking "Whaaaaa.." when Seagar signed with them, it seemed like such a weird choice. Like they weren't a winning ball club, and he was trading winning for money.

It's pretty funny how everyone (myself included) just wrote the Rangers off even coming into this season. They seemed completely uncompetitve but kept signing big contracts and then well, it worked out.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I will never understand people wearing random jerseys of a non-participating team to a game. Maybe if it's like a player that's now on one of the teams playing, or a defunct team like the Expos, but otherwise what are you doing there?

I've seen people in Giants jerseys at LA-SD games several times and I'm flumoxed by it every time. This year I saw a guy with a (brand new looking) Red Sox Schilling jersey at the Dodgers-Dbacks NLDS gm1. People are weird.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

saw it pointed out on twitter but in addition to Will Smith winning 3 in a row _a_ Will Smith has won the world series 4 years in a row

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Intruder posted:

saw it pointed out on twitter but in addition to Will Smith winning 3 in a row _a_ Will Smith has won the world series 4 years in a row
I found the Phillies' problem

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Imagine if a team signed both Will Smith's and Terrance Gore, that's an instant dynasty.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

must be nice to get a WS ring when your contribution is coming in during a blowout, sucking, then getting pulled

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Hearing Matt Hicks and Eric nadell get emotional with each other. loving broke me

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
Hello win column.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

blarzgh posted:

Hearing Matt Hicks and Eric nadell get emotional with each other. loving broke me

Nadel deserves it.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Why can’t they hold off on the generic gray tshirts and let the winning team take their photo in their uniforms? Every single World Series winner photo looks the same.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Nadel deserves it.

god bless that man

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dinosaurs! posted:

Why can’t they hold off on the generic gray tshirts and let the winning team take their photo in their uniforms? Every single World Series winner photo looks the same.
doing something dumb and hollow because it might sell a few more $50 tshirts?? what is this, America???

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

must be nice to get a WS ring when your contribution is coming in during a blowout, sucking, then getting pulled

But enough about Francisco Liriano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I can't believe it. I can't loving believe it.

I want to kiss Corey Seager on the mouth.